Because who you are being isn't who you are, it is the person you are being that is keeping you from being yourself. - Ironwood
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Fake?

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Fake?
How can you determine who's being fake or not? I know that certain people bring out certain personalities in you, so sometimes you act or think differently with different individuals. Some people act totally different from who they appear to be, like they're forcing themselves to be someone who they're not. But where do you draw the line in determining the real person inside you and the one your pretending to be?

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Loner is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, theres some people who do things just for show, to make themselves look good. Actions without sincerity. Thats fake. But the sad part is, some people don't even realize that they're fake. Some truely believe that they're sincere and pointing it out to them won't help them see themselves for who they really are.

"You gain 1, you get screwed over 3 times worse."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
everyone has about 7different personalities depending on environment, who they are around, and what their goal is... take some psychology courses..

you are probably observing a person in more than one of their personalities which to you makes them seem fake.. and to them is very uncomfortable.. maybe you talk to your parents different than your girlfriends at school.. now imagine if your parents where around while you where acting this way.. they would think you were fake.. maybe there's a boy you like alot.. now are you going to talk to him the same as you talk to your best friend?

sorry for sounding arrogant but this doesn't have anything to do with philosophy maybe you should take it to general discussion..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
[  Edited by analytical29 at   ]
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Loner, I know what you mean. Thats what we call Convenient Thinking. Just because they think they are sincere, doesn't mean it's true. There's truth, then there's belief. They take something, and sometimes without even realizing it, they twist it to make it fit the way they see life, the way they want to see it. It's just convenient that way. See life the way you see it, and not how it really is. Convenience is irrelavent to truth. And that goes the same way about how people view themselves. I know that different situations bring out different sides of us, but I know some people, in all or most of their environments, come out fake, pushing themselves to seem sincere in that environment.

35yrs • F •
no, it's ok. Maybe I should.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vic_Silver is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Love this topic too. Im gonna be a posting freak around here if this keeps up.

I have met some who appear to me to be very fake. So much so that I want to believe that they are doing it on purpose. Then I realize as Loner pointed out that some may not be aware of how fake they appear. If they do not believe they are being fake then that must be who they really are.

The only one you can know is being fake is you. However, I believe when we interact with someone we naturally share personalities in an attempt to form a connection. This is why it may feel as if your being fake by 'tasting' someone elses personality, especially when you first meet someone.

Dang, if I would just read what typing I might be able to connect with people better.

"Somethings out there.. Oh wait thats me"
 37yrs • M •
this is why we sometimes flirt with other people that we have no intention of being intimate with.. to form a connection

35yrs • F •
Ok, that makes sense. I do that too sometimes. But if we're being fake the first time we meet someone, and they're doing the same thing too, then wheres the truth in it? I know that forming a connection is vital in the beging of a relationship, but what if the more you got to know the person, the more they wern't what they said they were in the begining? And that goes the same for oneself.

43yrs • M •
I try to see people in a positive light and just accept that everyone has a shell or mask of who they really are deep down. If you were seeking a relationship and were originally attracted to their mask and found out their deeper self is quite different then all you can say is 'doh!' and look elsewhere.

As I try to analyze both sides of the coin, the other scarier conclusion is that it is impossible to truly connect with anyone, and there is absolutely no truth in it all. Somebody hold my hand .

37yrs • M •
if your talking about a boyfriend girlfriend situation then maybe thats good.. now you can be open with him or her and accept each other for who you really are..

not to sound like a preacher but i'll share my knowledge of this..
i've been going out with my girlfriend for a year and a half. when we first started going out there were alot of things that i didn't know about her and alot she didnt know about me.. so we were being fake alot, but over time things slowly get revealed.. if we both knew then.. about each other..what we know.. we probably wouldn't even be together.. but now all that doesn't matter

so i guess what im trying to say is that sometimes you have to be "fake" for the truth to come.. with time

43yrs • M •
Good point.

35yrs • F •
Right. Without being fake, you wouldn't have the opportunity you have now, which would be lost if you didn't make the fake connection in the begining.
quote:
... take some psychology courses.

I will, next year. The courses are not available at the moment for me, so I'm looking forward to next year, other then that, I have no education in psychology other then what I've learned through experience and what other people has taught me. So if my lack of knowledge shows though my posts, I'm sorry.

37yrs • M •
lol it's ok..

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think thats all bullshit. if you arent yourself then you are wasting your time as well as others. it pisses me off to no end when i figure out how fake people are being. being fake and keeping your guard up are very different things. some people just dont need to know certain things about me, it doesnt mean im fake, im very much myself in all situations possible. if it makes other people uncomfortable, fuck them.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JimmyK is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well i always act the way i am, i dont try to be fake or anything, and ill express my mind to people. But then agian you cant be totally real with your grandma right?

Fake?
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy