Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Fake? - Page 3

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, we hope we are the same person. Or, rather, we hope that when it comes to the most important things, the things we value most and the things we truly believe in will stay the same no matter what and, therefore, remain as the foundation of who we really are. Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for people to radically change their values and beliefs under different conditions and around certain people. Oh, well.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think we can all agree on the many "I";s in time and part of brain realted to personlity way of thinkning by influnce etc... but is there an "I" underneath?? that doesnt change .. like a "soul" or something how ever you may define that.. it just watches your ride (brain) attached to I, but that woulnt make sesn would it.. wouldnt the brain effect the "true" "I" to change as well.. id like to think there is an unchanging i (and i dont know which i thinks that.. either or both one more than the other neither etc)

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Methuzula is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Fake? Everything is real. To determine exactly what a thing is can be difficult. In framing your definitions, I suggest you use "Ackam's Razor".

Ackam's Razor is a scientific tool used to eliminate false theories in favor of those closer to the truth.[u] You see, if you are in doubt about the true "you", you will lack confidence in your efforts.

This is how Ackam's Razor might work:

Theory 1: The Earth is one of 9 celestial bodies orbiting the sun, held in their orbits by gravity.

Theory 2: The Earth is one of 9 celestial bodies orbiting the sun, held in their orbits by gravity, caused by the mind of an ape.

In Theory 2, there is additional information which cannot be measured or proven in actual facts. To accept Theory 2 you would have to make a leap in logic without any reason for it.

Eliminate any "leaps" in your logic when considering yourself. This will require self examination, analysis and correction.

Always compare what you know to be true, to what you suppose to be true. Use the Razor to clear your mind. This is a tool used to rule the world of Science. For additional examples look up Scientific Theory.

You're obviously on your way, be careful who you take for advisors.

"You are affected by 3 generations and you affect 3 generations, and every third generation a major change takes place in the family."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
word methuzula.. decius i dont think you understand that it is impossible to be fake.. ts a contradiciton you really have to back yoursleves up about what you mean by fake.. clearly..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
so.... the more insecure a person is, the more "fake" they become in order to compensate... and vice versa. so the only way for a person to never be fake is for them to never be insecure... never met a single person who doesnt have some sort of insecurity.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
With respect to question as to whether there is an "I" beneath all the other "I"s, yes, I believe there has to be one "I" but the question is whether it's strong enough to take charge of all the other "I"s when necessary. I don't think there are that many people who have that kind of will. People always change their minds about things or do things contrary to what they think and tell others they would not do. I think it takes alot of self-study and work to achieve a true self, a one, unchangeable "I."

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Society has made us adapt we create theses different personality's and visages to cope psychologically with the world around us, so I would say most people are putting up a front, but if that front is used for a long enough period does it not become part of the original 'I' ,yes people lie and cheat for gain or protection of self but if done enough it becomes easier as you grow u learn and you change, obviously what most people portray is not really who they are but if someone is capable of deceit how far of is it actually.

Ps: sodium penthanol comes in handy

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
If you lie long enough, doesn't it become truth?

While I agree with it being 'a form of conditioning', I tend to disagree with the conclusion to an extent.
One pretending to be superman won't become superhuman, no matter how long they live the pretense. Being christian (christ-likeness) is seeking to put those values as Jesus but that doesn't make them Jesus but they should represent or reflect those values themselves.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As I read I'm persuaded back and forth. I think that there are different ways to look at being fake and none of them are 100% correct.

In one aspect of it you could say there is no such thing as fake cause even if "99% of the people you interract with are not being "honest" about their motives, intentions and desires. " how can anyone know what their true motivations, intentions, and desires are?

I don't even know why I'm motivated to write this who knows maybe am I'm being fake.

perhaps whatever we do is real
and being fake is just an illusion we create..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
being fake only depends on the self...on the "me"...you can never tell if another person is being fake...because every action imposed upon you is subject to YOUR judgement.... only the "you" decides if another is being real or not...all action is real...all thought is real...all words are real... only the persona decides how much reality is present....if there was no "me" to say that you're fake...and no "me" to say something that's not factual...then everything would be realness....and vice versa........ Judgement on what is not there that's the only conditioning that's taking place here...

And to Cturtle....if a person conditions themself to thinking that they are superman...then to their self they are superman.. to you they are not because you judge on what isn't you!........ it's not that you want to be superman, it's that you're not a part of their reality therefore it's false to you.... whatever the "you" believes is only impressioned on "you"... anything else is as we say...an Illusion...

"Being is not knowing!"
 37yrs • M •
we do not understand how to accomplish our own intentions if we did wouldn't we be able to accomplish anything? if you avoid someone cause you actually like them, doesn't mean you are fake, you are as real as can be!! you avoid them maybe cause you fear rejection.. they are at fault for not realizing this..

but then again how can we judge others intentions when we don't understand that of our own

44yrs • M •
kuvan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
there are not much people in this world who are honest. most of the people acting fake in diffrent situations.and the reason that people being fake is eitherl for self-interest or probably for survivng a certain situation.i think to avoid being fake you need to have a very strong faith and morals.but it would still be hard to be toatally honest because we live in a sort of world that is mostly become fake.the conclusion in my opinion is if we try to be 50% honest that means we are not fake

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
...but 50% fake too?

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 37yrs • M •
Even if we can perceive the person correctly still doesn't mean they're fake.. only that we understand their true intentions.

there is no fake..

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that there is fake to a certain extent. Like theres real gold and fool's gold.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
Fake? - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy