Solitude gives birth to the original in us, to beauty unfamiliar and perilous- to poetry. But also, it gives birth to the opposite: to the perverse, the illicit, the absurd. - Thomas Mann
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What do you think the Future will be like?

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that HaiderKhan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Science has sky-rockated in the past century. Imagine what life will be like in a thousand years?

But i personally believe we will kill our species in a nuclear war.

What do you think will happen in the Future?

"Life is a dream, when you wake up the real journey begins"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think we can't even begin to comprehend how life will be like in 1000 years. Assuming we don't blow ourselves up some of these things will have happened:
- many human beings will be genetically modified to suit whatever purpose they were made for
- we will constantly be connected to a computer
- we will all be in constant communication with each other

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Technology is for convenience, communication, and distraction. If morality keeps on declining and governments are making more and more WMDs, I don't care if robots could clean my house and fix the toilet.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
a thousand years is a long time. assuming we last that long...

we will have made robots which will have the capability of operating cloning devices, these devices will clone genetically enhanced human brains which will be placed in robotic "suits" resembling humans. these will be the humans of tomorrow, all connected, sharing thoughts, ideas, feelings all at once. devices will be invented which allow these "humans" to disconnect from the "network" of other "humans" ... this will be illegal and will be the number one crime of the future.

perfectly designed sexual organs will also be cloned and attached to the human suits. massive orgies will occur, possibly weekly or monthly. this will be neccisary for creative stimulation of the brain.

these new humans will live much longer due to the fact that nearly all of their body parts will be robotic. some may live several hundred years. this will allow for greater exploration of the universe. spaceships will have cloning devices, humans will store information in large databases, as humans die or essentially "shut down" new ones will be cloned and created with robots. as those robots become old and warn down, humans will repair and replace them.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Distraction B is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think that in 1000 years, humans will no longer be here. it will just be the roaches.. i think that humans just keep losing intelligence each year and eventually by 3005, we will be long gone ( killed out by global warming, war, floods, mtv etc.)

"you held my hem as I traveled blind listening to the whispering in my ear"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that HaiderKhan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well a millinieum is a long time, but when i read about ancient greece or ancient rome, it doesnt seem like a very long time. Because its the same repeating story.

Human gets angry.

Human makes weapon.

Human kills.

Today the only thing that changed from rome or greece is that now we have weapons which can destroy entire nations in a few seconds, and people have gotten lazier over the last thousand years. So my prediction for the future:

Humans will make weapons which can destroy entire worlds in a few seconds. Humans will not work at all, because the need to make food, or clean the house, or anything will always be satisfied by technology. So to summarize my prediction:

Human makes more lethal weapons, and human becomes even more lazy.

"Life is a dream, when you wake up the real journey begins"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We probably will have abandoned the earth and colonized space by then.

"How am I not myself?"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that frijoles is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If humans survive-All functions will be performed by robots. Humans will do no real work. People will become so obese that robots will be created to stop heart attacks, wich will happen constantly. Also, the government will colapse, allowing for the robbing of stores and various other offenses. Food will be stolen in massive amounts, therefore causing humans to get even fatter. Food will be so scarce that stealing will become the norm, and christian values will disapear. Without the government, gang violence will increase, as will hate crimes performed by Nazi extremists and the KKK. Basically, this will be the apocalypse, and everyone will die shortly. Unfortunately for the human race, the collapse of the government will cause the cacellation of NASA programs to collinize space. We'll all be dead and no one will be around to care.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Frijoles sounds about right.

"How am I not myself?"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe that the way humans are going we are doomed to destroy ourselves. But if our decendants learn to co exist peacfully than there could be no limit to what is possible. Heres a thought - what do u think humans will evolve into if we survive lets say 100 million years!

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that frijoles is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Better question - what do you think other animals will have evolved into in 100 million years from now. And if were alive then, how will we fend them off.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A thousand years from now, let's see . . . anastroid belt about where the earth used to be if left to man's ingenuity. if man goes out with a big bang might be enough to cause a chain of events that would destroy the solar system.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think that in the not too distant future all this technology that we depend on so much will collapse upon itself,leaving us semi helpless and that we'll have to learn to live of the land,wich will be difficult because we've destroyed so much of it

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe that the future definetly lies with the merger of man and machine. But i believe that there will probably be 2 types of humans, those that rely solely on technology and will become very obese and lazy and those that will utilise technology to enhance themselves and herhaps create a master race of some sort.
I believe the idea that the purpose of technology is to make our lives easier is irresponsible, OUR LIVES DONT NEED TO GET EASIER if anything most people need to get active.

In my opinion the purpose of technology is to improve our lives e.g. increasing productivity in companies, but at the same time not replacing the human factor but helping it instead.
Instead of making robots to clean our house and make us dinner we should think about making robots that help disabled people and others that could go jogging with us and motivate us to EXERCISE!

Robots in the workplace could be and should be working side by side with humans and assisting them in tasks for the better of the company (increased profit, output).

I dont agree with the idea of all humans being connected to a network and sharing thoughts and feelings as there will be no privacy.

Instead i believe that people that are very close to one another such as family, couples will choose to have inplants that will enable them to share feelings and sence each over great distances. This will increase the intimacy between people to a new level. Sharing thoughts in my opinion will be the ultimate evasion of privacy so sharing feelings is GOOD.

quote=
"Better question - what do you think other animals will have evolved into in 100 million years from now. And if were alive then, how will we fend them off".

AT THE RATE THAT WE ARE WIPING OUT OTHER SPECIES THERE PROBABLY WONT BE MANY FOR US TO FEND OFF IN THE FUTURE! THIS IS OUR TIME TO CHANGE THIS.

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"I believe that the future definetly lies with the merger of man and machine."

I totally agree, as it is well underway.

What we humans should still be doing at a point where robot and automated labor exists will not be determined by concerns of laziness, obesity, or job loss. Once the automation exceeds human capacity for productivity, the change will occur, as has already happened in major manufacturing. Cost of course being the other issue.

Obesity as well as all health issues will become an irrelevant thing of the past. And once free energy, infinite food generation, and shelter becomes available per every individual, a more true freedom will be achievable.

Human limitations are barriers we've been conquering since we first picked up a usefull "tool". There will come a time when our physical bodies are no longer needed or are transformable through bionics or to controllable energy.

As for connecting minds, I figure it would first happen as the internet, a virtual place of gathering with minds still private. But no matter what, it will come when lies will be seen through and hidden demons will have to be faced, as a species. But we are already working on manipulating such things through genetics.

But there is a difference between sharing thoughts and having them forcibly seen or invaded upon.

This achievement of free flowling mental connectivity is innevitable. But balance will be maintained if it remains a system where we willing connect and can disconnect or even have barriers within.

------------------------------------------------

Human achievement has not occured because we are physically superior, and our technology has already surpassed our physical limits in many facets. Computers can do some things already that our mind can't, at least not conciously, but it is in our working minds that our achievements lie.

And we will incorporate computers into our minds as we have robots and robotics into our lives and even our bodies untill we ascend as energy within the physical plane or transcend it entirely and all of its limitations.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy