Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What do you think the Future will be like? - Page 2

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ya , how the song go . . .in the year 2525, IF MAN SURVIVES

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Obesity as well as all health issues will become an irrelevant thing of the past". I find it hard to believe that this is so because its such a big issue today and with technology doing more and more of our jobs for us we will do less and less and the process will worsen.

"There will come a time when our physical bodies are no longer needed or are transformable through bionics or to controllable energy". - How long do you think this is gonna take? Bionic technology in its current stage is still primitive and requires much further development (being an engineer and from an engineers perspective - up to 100 years) and as for the part about losing our bodies to energy? well now your really talking something from star trex. NOT FOR A WHILE LEFTWOOD!!
BEFORE THIS CAN TAKE PLACE WE WILL NEED TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE OF DECLINING HUMAN HEALTH AND THE EFFECTS OF AN EASIER TECHNOLOGICAL LIFE

Anyone who says that this isnt a big issue is seriously neglecting the facts - obesity is a modern a discease!

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
" I find it hard to believe that this is so because its such a big issue today and with technology doing more and more of our jobs for us we will do less and less and the process will worsen."

Food will be completely engineered and body functions including fat burning/storage will be manipulated.

"Bionic technology in its current stage is still primitive and requires much further development (being an engineer and from an engineers perspective - up to 100 years)"

This is of course without counting for breakthroughs in other technologies that are speeding the development of all technologies, especially once nano technology becomes more developed and common place, and we are talking about the future are we not, time frames are irrelevant unless you are making specific points during specific spans.

"BEFORE THIS CAN TAKE PLACE WE WILL NEED TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE OF DECLINING HUMAN HEALTH AND THE EFFECTS OF AN EASIER TECHNOLOGICAL LIFE"

"Anyone who says that this isnt a big issue is seriously neglecting the facts - obesity is a modern a discease! "

Obesity is an issue currently, it will be rectified or many fat people will die, I'm doubting it will be the end of us. As for excersize, people need to just do it.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that frijoles is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think any of you truly realize how hard it is to exercise. You may think that obese people should just get up and move, but it takes more energy than you think. I've tried to lose weight, but I still weigh 140 pounds. AND I'M ONLY 13!!! My future isn't looking particularly bright but I still don't have the motivation to lose weight. If you were in my situation, you'd feel the same way.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Calorie intake and burn ratio, its not just about excercise, people eat crap, and thats a big problem.

But here is something very important for YOU. You are 13, though you shouldn't over-indulge in pure crap especially sugar, you don't need to be overly concerned untill you are a little older, your body is in the heat of puberty, nothing is going to be normal.

Weight and age don't matter, how tall are you, weight and height are the way to judge, there are 13 yr olds that are over 6 feet tall, if they weighed less than you they would be sickly.

Play, that is our main excersize in a world of reduced labor, play little one, and play hard. Dance, bounce, move, burn some calories. And or eat less, especially less crap.

You don't have to do tons of constant excersize either. Just move consistently.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 39yrs • M •
nils is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
No ur all wrong about future

39yrs • M •
nils is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
but leftwood is right with his exercise coaches

39yrs • M •

32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that frijoles is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Point #1-I know exercise is important, and you don't have to do it constantly, but it's so hard to make a significant dent in my weight. Also, I know that crappy foods are bad for me but their so addictive! And tasty! It's hard to stop.

Point #2-What do you mean were wrong?!? Everything we discussed here is perfectly plauseable. In what way could our theories be wrong?

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 39yrs • M •
Krispy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
So, to sum up: we develop into a dependent push-button society, then use our remaing unatrophied finger to press the shiny red button marked SELF-DESTRUCT.
C'mon guys. You're preaching to the choir, we wouldn't be posting here if we weren't:

1. lazy and using a machine to do our talking
2. convinced that some idiot will blow us all up, but not before
3. hoping someone gives us a better machine to talk about how some idiot is going to blow us all up.

Personally I'd rather fixate on the remote possibility that 1000 years from now we'll still be around and something besides our ability to facilitate our laziness has improved. Like maybe our machines getting smart enough to realize we're all going to blow ourselves up and forcing us to use archaic "internet forums" to talk about it instead of doing it.
....hmmm....

""If a man takes no thought about what is distant, he will find sorrow near at hand." --Confucius"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Many people need to waken up NOW! Humans are currently in the sixth great wave of extinction. Just look at the ecological disaster on Easter Island which was caused by:
- introduction of exotic species
- over exploitation of natural resources
- overpopulation
- destruction of habitat
- deforestation
- extinction of species
- complete ecosystem collapse

Does this sound familiar? yes it does. In a 1000 yrs humans will have become extinct unless we restrict climate change, population growth, over exploitation of resouces and habitats.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In a thousand years, I see there being three distinct human races. Those born on Earth, or in Sol(Our Solar System), those born elsewhere in the galaxy, and those who no longer call themselves human(Earthlings/Terrans).

I see that technology will be at a level where space exploration has become mainstream and things like phased pulse cannons and jump engines are common language.

I see great wars on the path toward the year 3000. I also see great stretches of time where all human kind live in harmony.

In other words... The future is like a box of chocolates, every flavour's in there.

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
 43yrs • M •
EclipseBureau is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
As Rudolph J Rummel, one of the world's most eminent peace researchers, has stated: "In democracy we have a cure for war and a way of minimising political violence, genocide, and mass murder."

What do you think the Future will be like? - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy