Ah, yes, divorce..., from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet. --Robin Williams - Wyote
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

People hate vegetarians - Page 6

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 56yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Metal Giant is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"you are right in your morals, i see now that it is a matter of honor and it touches me."

I am happy that you can see that and flattered that it touches you.

"however about things not mattering... as in with a man ive heard so much about, i too decided to not let myself rott away but live on."

It's the right decision, just be sure you remind yourself daily why you get out of bed.

" it seems that the eating of an animal isnt what the issue is with you but the cruelty dealt to them."

The issue, if I can try to put it in a nutshell (that would be a first!), is the thoughtless satisfaction of the individual on a mass scale and the consequences to the notion of civilization and the continued evolution of humanity. We should all be aware of a balance between our pleasure principle and our reality principle. We should tread an even line between the 'Me' and the 'We'. There is currently a severe imbalance to the former. I use speciecism as an example of such.

There it is, read that again. I think I finally nailed it.

"you have me at your back fully for that. it seems to upset you as much as abortion does me."

Yes, well thank you. But, I - no, let's not go there as well.

"and you are right that as a higher thinker we shouldt eat what we dont need. but other than eating there is alot of things we do that we do not need."

Correct again. And correct again. As I have said, this is a much bigger issue than just 'eating'. I offer this subject, the rape scenario, the cannibal scenario and the alien invasion scenario to illustrate.

" maybe one day we can grow things that are as nutritious as all the foods we stuff ourselves with today."

Well, welcome to tomorrow. That day is today. You merely have to try it. You merely have to shrug off your presuppositions, your groundless opinions of the alternative and tuck in to nutritious, healthy food that will improve your life and outlook. Yes, don't be stupid, you do get skinny vegans and vegetarians with vitamin deficiencies, you get fat ones too, like all things you have to go in with your eyes wide open.

" but i will continue to eat meat for now even though i am in a moral sense wrong to do so."

It is all I can ask for you to think, consider, and understand. It is all I can do to show, explain, debate, and discover the truth. It is all that we are to make sense of it all. Our power to choose is what will make us or break us. Your powers are yours to use or to ignore. You do not have to be what you think are supposed to be (thanks to my Iron cousin for that sage advice). I'm proud that you have come this far, and you don't have to make the last step now, but make it sometime, eh? Unless you can think of a better idea? Then you too can be a sanctimonious know-it-all, like me! When I am the Emperor of the Universe, I will turn you all to the light. Until then, walk the right path, then vote Metal Giant today.

"quick question my friend. in being respectful to the animal why not be respectful to the plant and eat mold?"

Ooh, mushroom on toast. yum yum. Thanks for that reminder. I believe I have already answered that question in a previous post, here; "So given that a carrot, bean, nut etc. cannot fully understand intent and consequence nor can it express a power of choice, because it is essentially non-sentient, I feel that I can eat it given that I have to eat something to survive." Later on I said, " If I could flourish by simply eating rocks or just breathing air then I would spare the plant too, but I cannot and so I choose the lesser of the two evils - "

"come to think of it i wouldnt mind eating pizza with some peanut butter and vitamins"

Screw the vitamins, have a nice side-salad doused in olive oil and.. oooh, I'm salivating. When can I come around?

"for the rest of my life.... "

Variety, as they say, is the spice of life and there certainly is a lot of variety out there (certainly more than a McDonald's menu!) get out there and have fun!

"you are ok with milking cows right?"

Sure I am. I'd love to do that, I here they really like it when done by hand.
I'd love some buxom milkmaid to come pull on my teats.

Metal Giant.

35yrs • F •
xgemstone67 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'm a vegetarian I've been one my entire life I don't eat eggs or cake or anything with gelatin or marshmellows or animal fat or anything. And as soon as ppl find out they give me hard time about it ,although most ppl think its cool , alot of ppl have a serious problem with it. Anyways just recently a boy got beat up at a school in my city for not eating meat when a couple of boys tried to get him to eat it. when I heard I was like OMG ppl always find someone to pick on wether it's blacks or jews or muslims or vegetarians. It's ridiculous anyways I haven't seen it on the news yet, but alot of people at my school are talking about it., and as soon as it's in the papers I'll send it to anyone who wants to read it. [u]

"life is like a language that all men mispronounce"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Unclassified is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
this is nothing new....most people hate or fear whatever is different from them....vegetarians work the same way....

"Do what YOU want to do in life, not what everyone else does..."
 44yrs • F •
Stella is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I've been a vegetarian for eight years, but I don't think the moral dilemma lies in whether or not it's acceptable to eat animals, or even if it's 'natural'. It is about whether or not capitalist forces should be allowed to dictate the methods used in producing the meat, and then in determining its distribution.
The power of the few depends on the exploitation of the many, in this case not only the animals themselves, but the developing countries whose peoples are forced to hand over land (including precious rainforest) for decimation by intensive agricultural practices, the product of which is strictly for the benefit of the West (an innacurate term, but one I use for convenience).
The grain which is used to feed such enormous quantities of cattle would be put to far better use feeding the human population directly; indeed, we could probably eliminate starvation and malnutrition.
Capitalism dictates the production and distribution of all those things essential for life; food, medicine, housing, water - even air quality. Meat production causes suffering to animals and humans alike. The producers justify it by claiming they are 'supplying the demand'. The consumer justifies it because it is socially acceptable, even promoted via the media. I wonder what would happen if the adverts for 'Turkey Drummers' were replaced with footage from an intensive farm, or a full description of the hormonal growth stimulants used. The producers rely on the consumer's stupidity, and the consumer will remain happily dumb because, dammit, they like meat!
The only 'honest, natural' way to obtain meat is to go out there and hunt it yourself. Otherwise, you're simply a slave to market forces.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i was a vegitarian....was.....not any more....i started eating meat when i was homeless and had no money and the only free food i could get was hot dogs (the worst sort of meat) but eventually i took it out of simple need for food.....i didnt not eat meat for a moral reason, it just grossed me out,it still does to some extent, there's a lot of meat i wont eat, and whatever i do eat has to be thouroughly cooked,almost burnt, or i dont eat it......but anyway.....i have no problem with what other people eat, and when i was a veggie i didnt incounter many people who cared one way or the other....i've never really known anyone who got picked on for not eating meat.....i think thats a totally silly idea

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that boomstick is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
man it has been a long time since i have been on... GOD DAMN but anyways i dont hate vegies but i just think tofu is just plain nasty!!!

"shop smart shop s-mart"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Humans didnt claw and fight our way to the top of the food chain to eat tofu.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Raptafairious is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Exactly, Thank you Joel, and let me ask you one more thing, if ou vegetarians love animals so much, why are you eating out their food supply?

"I'm just another person in this place, which is why its my advantage."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
not to mention chopping down their homes.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I haven't read the thread, did anyone mention the South Park that talked of this?

You know what happens when you stop eating meat right? You begin to develop small lacerations that are actually tiny vaginas that eventually cover your entire body untill one day you become a giant vagina.

And then there is the profound question Pink Floyd raised in "The Wall"...

"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"

So eat your meat kiddies.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 56yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Metal Giant is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To Xgemstone67:

Next time you get a "hard time" from someone with opposing views, debate them in the hope that you might learn something new from them. Sadly, in all the years I have embraced debate all I seem to get are cross-eyed fuckwits with no real opinions of their own. A lot of them are as Stella notes "Slaves to market forces" and by default have other people do their thinking for them.

To Stella:

Your observations of the world draw the same conclusions I have made. A cure for this loathsome state of affairs is distant and seemingly impossible to attain (even though it is a simple one) and your obvious cynicism is shared. I grieve for us all.

To Rancidkitty:

In my opinion, if you are forced into a situation where you have no choice but to eat meat, then that is acceptable and understandable in the context of a survival situation. I wish you the best and hope that you are now out of that situation and back to your normal straight-thinking self.

To Joel:

Nice to see you again. Humans did claw and fight our way to define and rest above the notion of a "food chain" didn't they? We don't 'have' to eat tofu (persoanlly I'm not keen either) nor do we 'have' to eat/exploit animals anymore. The question is why do we still run after we passed the finish line? Why continue to participate in a race that we won? We should be bright enough to realise that that race is over for humans, time to challenge ourselves and run a new one with a new objective in mind.

To Raptafairious and Wyote:

'Their' food supply is also 'our' food supply and there is plenty to round and around and around. More aptly, is why filter all 'our' food supply needlessly through animals and waste time, effort and energy in doing so when it would make glaringly more sense to cut out the middle-industry (if only it were a middle-man) and we all ate it more directly, or even direct. So, to simplify: Field - wheat - farm - transport - process - transport - consume, is a shorter equation than Field - wheat - farm - transport - cowfield - cow - feed - (repeat) - cow - transpor - abbotoire - slaughter - transport - process - transport - consume. Makes no sense. Cutting down their homes is a separate issue, equally wrong, and the vegetarians are less to blame (see first equation regarding the number of fields).

To Leftwood:

Interesting vaginal anacdote which begs the obvious reverse inference that if someone eats meat will they consequently become a giant cock? Yikes! Surely that's worse?

Lastly, for anyone that cares and to all who don't:

Almost everyone gains the opinions and morality they own right now via inheritance and influence blossoming into concrete ignorance due to the lack of time spent pondering them and asking the simple question of "why?". Behold the comforting cushion of ignorance, the blanket of apathy and the big wet thumb to suck of somebody eles's problem. Consequently our systems of human existence (such as the movements of money, law and order, territory, tolerance etc. etc.) function in favour of those willing to manipulate it at the cost of those unwilling, or ignorant of, their power to change it. Change will only occur under consensus, and change for the better will only occur when we all agree the importance of us all trying to do the right thing from the ground up, i.e. being civilised, as opposed to anarchy or the system we have now of mass apathy exploited by the few. When (if ever) a majority of empirically minded individuals consent to understand the simple concepts of right and wrong and to act upon them in their individual daily lives for the benefit of us all, when that happens, only then will we truly move forward, until then we are forced to deal with the frustrating effects of our own blindness.

So, look to yourself first. To look to someone/something else as the answer to these problems, be it government or "God" etc. is to look away and to remain as one of the blind ignorant. Use the fantastically awesome thing between your ears that you have evolved to debate, and learn, to change and form opinion based on the morality of right and wrong. Then use your power of choice to do the right thing. That is the only way we will step towards our "ideal world", otherwise we will mearly continue to dance around in our own shit and dig ourselves in it until we suffocate in our own stupidity.

Then start your new life as an enlightened higher thinker by not expoiting other creatures (including humans) when you do not have to!

MG

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like bacon. I ate it today actually.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
for every animal a vegetarian saves i'm going to eat three

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
People hate vegetarians - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy