If you love your boy friend, let him go. If he doesn't come back...he's with me. - <anonymous>
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Music - Page 4

User Thread
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
some, well, a lot of new music sux ass, mainsteam music anyway, but there is some good stuff out there.....im currently having a complete love affair with my chemical romance.....i love every song on both their albums,i alo like the killers, nora jones, dillinger escape plan(although they're not really new)....the vines, the yeah yeah yeahs, and a few others.....but there is sooo much garbage out there to go along with the good

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you put korn and black sabbath on a list of THRASH metal bands and you didn't even include slayer? what the hells the matter with you?

"You are reading this."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
rancidkitty---

I, am also in a love affair with MCR, and have been for quite some time. I saw them live with The Used and lots of other bands at The Taste of Chaos, and they rocked the house, they are SO good live, its fking amazing. Gerard is the fucking man.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 400yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that poser exposer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ghey=
I, am also in a love affair with MCR, and have been for quite some time. I saw them live with The Used and lots of other bands at The Taste of Chaos, and they rocked the house, they are SO good live, its fking amazing. Gerard is the fucking man.

quote:
But what are BEPH, Corrupt, Sister Morphine, and Seduce?

"i hate cRap!"
 41yrs • F •
joel...they are my obsession right now, he sings with such passion, they have great lyrics and are awesome musicians....i have to see them live....i havent had the chance yet but i wll.....Gerard is like a god.....i want to molest him...for real though, i love every song on both their albums...i think they're probably the best "new" band around

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Distraction B is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
its a scary world in which we must steer clear of falicy. id say about 50 percent most likey more of bands are in it for the money. its all about the smashing pumpkins, alkialine trio, mewithoutyou and saves the day. everything else is sh!t

"you held my hem as I traveled blind listening to the whispering in my ear"
 41yrs • F •
smashing pumpkins were a wonderful band, but they are an older band too, they were around since 1990, thats 15 years ago, actually the smashing pumpkins dont even exist anymore, they've broken up......about new music.....well, this is a little off the subject but how about grenn days new album, it's a great album but i feel a little cheated somehow...i've loved green day for 10 years now,i've been a fan of theirs for a long time, now there are tons of people who rant about them and say how much they love Green Day just because they're newest album won some awards, it sort of irks me.....i mean, they're doing stadium tours and being big rock stars but thats not how i think of them and i can't help feel a little cheated......sorry......but does anyone understand what i'm saying here?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
its frustrating for us older fans rancid, just two years ago i remember very distinctly having a few conversations with people who had absolutely no idea who Green Day even was. now all of a sudden, everyone and their grandmother is a fan, and when i say "yea ive been a fan since the beginning pretty much" invariable i get eyerolls and comments which imply a good amount of disbelief.

same thing happend when Dookie blew up. but, things will settle down again and theyll play some smaller venues here and there. personally, i love seeing them succeed... but yes, it is bittersweet.

what really irks me is the age old arguement of them changing their sound just to sell records... give me a break, they try new things, thats called being creative, the fact that people actually like it is only proof of their coolness

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • F •
thats totally true .....i dont think they sold out or anything, they just made a great record that gets a lot of radio play....thats wonderful for them, it just sort of stinks that i have to go to a stadium packed full of people to see them now, but this has happened with other bands i've liked and your right the buzz will calm down after a while.....im just being selfish

37yrs • M •
I think Green Day has always been somewhat popular, but just recently have they gone what I think most people would call "mainstream". Although I do like their old stuff much much better, theres nothing wrong with what they are putting out now. I guess it kind of goes the same with My Chemical Romance. I have been a fan from their first CD (although they only have 2, they were about 5 years in between). When they were still playing in small ass clubs, traveled in a ford van, and kept their gear in a little trailer the length of a motorcycle. And now, they have blown up quite largely, and it was pretty much overnight. While they still keep to their roots, which I love, its still annoying to see those people who act like they know anything and everything about the band...sigh...

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
actually, Green Day went "mainstream" with the release of Dookie.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 400yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that poser exposer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"i hate cRap!"
 37yrs • M •
Hmmmm...I suppose you are right with when they went mainstream, and you would probably know better then I would, it must just be that their new stuff appeals to more people?

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that renae02 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Some f it is better and some is worse but i only listen to punk so i guess better...

"forget the game before somone takes u out of the frame and puts ur name to frame u can't run a race the pace is to fast u just won't last.. Linkin Park points of aurthority"
 41yrs • F •
i would have to say that american idiot probably does appeal to more people than dookie did....well, at least a broader audience....i know people in their 40s and 50s who baught american idiot and love it , but dont own any other green day albums......
Joel......damn it......every time i look at a thread that you've posted on i have to stare for a second......gerard is just too fucking beautiful.....you're making it hard for me to concentrate...lol...

Music - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy