Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why did God create the universe - Page 6

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I really liked the old mystical "illusion of the world" idea that The Matrix converted into a modern, technological concept. A truly inspired idea. But I only liked it in the first movie. It got a little worn-out and over-drawn by the second and third sequels. Philosophically speaking, it's got alot of deep wisdom in it, but it should not be regarded literally with respect to the idea of some kind of domination by some machine-race, although I do believe we are controlled by a "system" of external forces that drive everything we do and shrouds us with illusions of the importance of physical material existence. The Matrix is a modern take on mysticism. Pretty cool, though.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Absolutely. I think most people get something out of that film, it's almost as though it's hooked into our world wide web of consciousness, downloading what's relevant to each individuals, kids love the action and religious people find it spiritually stimulating and scientific people love the techno stuff, it is a cool film.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 42yrs • M •
lordkrishna is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think the best answer to why God created the universe can be found with the help of the hindu scripture Gita - http://www.lordkrishna.info/krishna/2007/03/20/why-did-god-create-this-u
niverse/

"God helps those who help themselves"
 40yrs • M •
chsznn is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think God is our nature,in fact, the God creat the world ,before human appear on the universe, the God have been there.So I believe God is exist ,I also think that do good things for helping other people can make our life happy more!

"striving forever!"
 36yrs • M •
Piddle1234 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
personally, my entire way of thinking is weird as far as this goes. the god that the majority of us believe in, I think, made this world in his own view of perfection. But this is not THE god (whom I call the divine creator), so he failed and made a flawed world.

now we can go into why this god is not perfect but I don't really feel like getting into it. Just wanted to post my view.

""All god's invited except jahova, 'cause hes a douche" -Dan the Man"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Sanity101 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, I dont think there was a beginning. I dont think there will be a ending. I think this, as in you, me, this computer. I think were all this god you speak of. I think were only as reall as you dreaming. Maybe were all just dreams, thoughts, half-way recognized potentials. Some of us here some of us not.
I d k . No one does. However I hope whoever read this post and the post of some of the other people that posted are as eye widened and in awwd curiosity and questioning I am in.
Cause this is neat.

P.S. "God releated thread! lol, you know who you are."

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is God our dream or are we God's dream?

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I know this is a fairly old thread but this last question (by Sorceress) fascinated me so much, I had to pick it up again. I used to believe that the entire universe was a mental realm within the mind of what we consider God. However, there are times when I experience strange moments of realization that I can only interpret as glimpses of some esoteric truth. It's hard to explain, but I'll try.

A friend of mine was discussing the Big Bang theory, how anything could possibly happen in the first place if in the beginning there was no matter, space or time. It was at that moment I felt that my existence was somehow connected to the Big Bang, that the moment I became conscious was the moment that all existence came to be. Now I have some strange ideas about the nature of time, the most notable aspect of which is that time is a function of thought and perception and not an actual physical property of the external world. The real world, I believe, is timeless with the past, present, and future all existing simultaneously. Moreover, time is malleable in the sense that it can "expand" or "condense" so that the flow of time can be a totally different experience for different people and different beings, and that for different beings these differences are constant (as a fly who may experience time as moving much slower than a human being). However, it's more than that. I believe that if linear time (and three-dimensional space) are really functions of thought and perception then we all exist in the past, present, future simultaneously, which also means that all time and all space exist within us potentially and, therefore, we were in existence at the so-called time of this Big Bang. In a sense, nothing exists without our consciousness. Our consciousness is the source and cause of all existence. So in a sense, the dream of God is also our dream for we are God unrealized.

Hmmm...I guess you had to be there. Oh, well.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 34yrs • M •
shadow darkness is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
a question should be answer before asking why god created the universe? the question is why did god create humans when he had angle who would worship him day and night ?

45yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Beuphemia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Because it had to , has to, and will always have to be done.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It cannot be created if it is already there in the first place. According to the general logic at play here.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 71yrs • M •
cosmicdust is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
God created the universe because he can.The planet earth is a spaceship and we are traveling thru God's property in space.We are destine to reach the edge of the universe were we will meet up with the ones that have reached this place before us.

"Sarcasism is the lowest form of wit"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God Is the universe.... God is not a being or and supperia organism... God is a word primative humans used to decribe the creater ie the universe... universe created itself we are all part of the universe so in theory we are all "God" ... The way I see it is the universe is ever expanding and imploding in a cycle and each time it compleats it cycle a new set of possibilitys are created
for aguments sake let's say at the begining of the current cycle we were only 1 single cell, wen the earth came together. The singular cell waited until the optimum time to split creating to cells (not two soles) 1 spirit experiancing itself in multiple form and then they split sparking of evolution and creating the circle of life...
To sum up we are a 1 spirit excperiancing itself subjectivly time is infinate and we are the prodduct of ourself

And even if I'm wrong and there is a man in the sky with a big white beared casting judgement then to pray would be the equvilant of spiting in his face... Asking for help through tge life he has given you... Religion is for weak people with limited imagination, you live yourlifes in contempt whilst brainwashing your children, keep sleep living you ignorant fucks lol

Much love to tge awakened few

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
 45yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Beuphemia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am not about to answer the question of why god created the universe. I am posting now to address Theory's comments about people who turn to religion.

Theory, ou may be enlightened, but you are not very nice. Maybe god is just the universe and in turn we are all god, and i can admit that i have embraced Christianity in a time of great pain and weakness in my life so i can see where your stance on religion is coming from. But ignorance was not the defining characteristic that i met in the christian community... what i found was love. Before learning about Christ i was surely a fuck, and i treated myself and others that way too. Whether the stories about Jesus are real or make believe should not offend you so much if you understood how faith in him or other empowering philosophy helps people who need it. I suppose this validates your claim that religion is for weak people, but you really don't know what might have happened to someone that might have made them so weak. You are fortunate to be so strong not to need it, especially if you have ever been victimized in some way and were able to overcome it on your own. Perhaps you can stop being so mean and start helping the weaklings you encounter so they won't need religion. Since you are god, maybe you could be kind and show others how you do it in a more loving way. Are you a parent? I am, and i found my child listens and learns what i teach when i do it in a loving way. Harshness never worked. Even if you are not a parent perhaps you remember being a child or can see the sense in what i am saying. But based on your attitude here i suspect you lack love in your life. If this is the case i want to tell you that you deserve love and so does everyone around you. If i am off base and you are actually surrounded by loving relationships and are yourself the epitome of delight to those close to you, then I ask you to consider extending that to others who might be lacking love in their lives. They might be so weak because they have not been lucky enough to have someone like you as a relative or friend. If you don't think it is your problem to help others, then don't get so offended when people turn to things like religion that offers them hope and healing.

Now where is my shield for the impending onslaught...

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think all points stand true.

I also think that the majority of religious people are like Beuph, but not all are as insightful, intelligent, and articulate about it and often simply come off defensive when misinterpreting arguements that challenge aspects of what they claim faith in and why as opposed to their faith itself and why they actually have or choose it.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
Why did God create the universe - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy