Life is so full of mysteries, that's why I don't think about them - Frozen Flame
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why did God create the universe - Page 4

User Thread
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of these postings.
The great thing about being in this universe is that we have awareness of our existence. That we are able to question that existence, If there is a God that created this universe, the one we find ourselves in at this moment in time and space , (and I firmly believe there is), There may not have been a reason, but if there was we probably could never comprehend with the amount of consciousness that we have locked in our small frames compared to the infinite vastness of a consciusness that such a creator of everything must surely have.

I cant remember the actual question, but in fact I don't think it matters. Everyone in this discussion is right in there own way as far as I am concerned and I think you are all fantastically bright and interesting people questioning your own individual awareness.

The angry guy who swore a lot and said he was taking drugs is very close to a Shaman in his personal quest for enlightenment , he's great, but I think until you can stop being so angry with the world my friend you will never be happy with yourself or have a universal answer for life, the universe and everything. You'll get there one day keep searching, respect to you.

Oh no I'm waffling and I've lost the thread... oh yes, the young fellow who started this, only 17? Wow, you are very young to think such deep thoughts. Keep studying philosophy, psychology, theology, physics etc.look critically but honestly at other faiths and it won't be long before you're answering a fair few questions. Try and remember though that everyone is on a quest for the same answers to the same questions, it's a tough one!

I don't have a really deep and intelectual answer...but what I would say is that when you get to be where I am in my life, married, 3 kids, a typical British housewife listening to bickering kids all day long, contemplating the beginning of a universe tames in comparison.

Is God our dream or are we God's dream? Who knows but let's keep asking those why and how questions guys.
Love to you all at this inspiring time of year.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PhilipMui is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well this universe is just a plain of existance, an astral frequency,prehaps the creator wanted a realm, a place where spirts collectively can learn and heal inside of wandering around. I mean before the universe? there is no before the universe considering there is no time and space out of realitive reality inside the paradox in astral space so the real question, well don't have a real deep question yet sorry if i sound like babble or absolute rubbish to you all.

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 51yrs • F •
Another young philosopher to be, Hi how you doing? Well actually, I believe time is actually relative to the individual experiencing it and that by our own internal rythms, so if there is a creator of everything including the universe there would still be time from his perspective wouldn't there?

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 33yrs • M •
I' m doing fine, finally someone i can actually talk to : )
well to him, time is irrevelant, considering.... time effects him no matter

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 51yrs • F •
How can time be irrelevent if it still effects him? Can you be a little clearer in your musing?

33yrs • M •
still effects him in the sense he/she knows time is flowing, but since he's/she's such a high being he/she is not effected eh?

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 51yrs • F •
Still not sure about your reasoning here, , that time does not effect God because he's a higher power?

OK, maybe in the infiniteness of time such a being has existed time would have a different meaning, but surely time is still measured by the happpenings in the universe this God created, so by the simple observance of the birth and death of stars or galaxies for example time would still be passing and therefore measurable and therefore relevant (even to God)

33yrs • M •
well we may never know, its only able to be answered in deep inside us, no and no one can change what we feel, i might be wrong you might be right vice versa, but our breed of spritual free thinkers are dieing our and we have to keep up this flow

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 32yrs • M •
Broham is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hey guys, just signed up...I'm 15 as well and while I hope I don't sound like some big noob but...here it goes...

A man named Spinoza once said, "the highest virtue of the mind is to know or understand God." God exists outside of time and to me this is where immutability is huge...for people who believe that God is outside of time are able to argue that God cannot change just simply because any "change" would have to occur inside the realm of time...the belief that God is an absolutely perfect being can also lead to the completely logical fact that he cannot change. the weaker side of that fits well with the view that God exists in time, since he could be considered immutable yet begin an action, forgive a person, and so on...the stronger sense of immutability fits well with a god outside of time.

as far as God reasoning for creating the universe...well

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. (Genesis 1:27)

God created us in His own image as sons in His Kingdom, partners to share in His love. He created this world for man and loved man hoping that man would be fruitful and live resembling His perfect love.

I hope this hasn't sounded ridiculous, haha, just trying my best to explain possiblities...thanks for the time you took reading this!

"As I have come to find out, people will do anything."
 51yrs • F •
"as far as God reasoning for creating the universe...well

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. (Genesis 1:27) "

Which image would that be? Are you talking the physical or spiritual or at some strange sub atomic particle level or what?

I mean its all very well to believe it but you must be able to explain it, I mean if that is your answer to why God exists outside of time, it just doesn't make any sense.

How can God exist outside of time and yet still be able to manipulate time and space within his creation. Surely to manipulate time and space he must at some level be moving in real time in some way?

51yrs • F •
Oh and by the way in the bible it says and I quote from the King James;
"And God said, "let us make man in our image, after our likeness:" "us, our" has God got a multiple personality disorder?

33yrs • M •
well as i said before, dont think of images, that's intensely materialistic, god is what you imagize, dont imagerize him, imbrace him, be essence part of god, part of yourself, because if god's our image, would we know god best, wouldn't our perceptive be the best?

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 32yrs • M •
Broham is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
quote:
Which image would that be? Are you talking the physical or spiritual or at some strange sub atomic particle level or what?

I mean its all very well to believe it but you must be able to explain it, I mean if that is your answer to why God exists outside of time, it just doesn't make any sense.

How can God exist outside of time and yet still be able to manipulate time and space within his creation. Surely to manipulate time and space he must at some level be moving in real time in some way?

well, i can't say that i know...i mean, anything that happens outside of time cannot be comprehended by the human mind, eh? we only know what exists inside time, that is our limits...obviously humans were made with limits of comprehension, it says so in the bible, i'm not sure specifically where but it certainly does. as far as that being my own answer, it's not, i was just trying to put it into a different perspective, see what you all thought of it...i still need to learn a bit more about this before I have a firm reinforced answer on it, eh?

quote:
Oh and by the way in the bible it says and I quote from the King James;
"And God said, "let us make man in our image, after our likeness:" "us, our" has God got a multiple personality disorder?

i have not read the king james version but i am confident he was speaking of the holy trinity..

thanks for reading - bret

"As I have come to find out, people will do anything."
 33yrs • M •
well you should never have a firm grip on anything, be open to all possbilities

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 34yrs • F •
tyliszczak is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
soooo. im just gunna throw this out and plzz tell me if this makes sense.. im trying to write a philosophy paper and i chose the universe and god and creation..that type of thing.. ok... god created a perfect world that, through time, has lost its perfection because of man and because of sin. but doesnt everything have an opposite? therfore when god created a universe of unity and 'good' there must have been a universe of sin and hate..?right? so does this mean that as time goes on, and man creates more things like bombs and we see killing and terrorism more often.. does this mean that the two 'universes' are joining together? or is our 'good' universe slowly switching places with the opposite? and if thats the case. someone somewhere is working in a completely opposite direction as us and heading towards goodness and maybe even the answer of god and the beginning. no one really knows whats out there... the darkness in the sky. we have pictures of planets and we have 'proof' but are the people who are telling us about what we cant see trustworthy? you yourself cant know unless you yourself see it. im i loony or do i have some sort of idea worth discussing?

Why did God create the universe - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy