The trouble with ignorance is that it picks up confidence as it goes along. - Locut0s
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

LIES - Page 3

User Thread
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Okay Left, I understand a little more now.

It's exceptionally wounding, when lied to from a loved one. If you can't trust someone that you love, whom can you trust?

I'm going to assume you were hurt badly and for that, I'm truly sorry. I will never understand why it's so difficult for people to consider the consequences before their actions. They have an inclination they will hurt somebody, but that point becomes mute with self-indulgence.

Chances are, anyone you meet, will have to earn your trust. This holds true for any relationship, but further evident by someone that was deceived. If you consider yourself a sincere honest person, then you have to believe others can be, as well.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I consider myself and others to be good at the core, but I understand human nature enough, as well as our governmental and societal ways to know that the good we have stands little chance.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Perspective and perception are key to creating a positive world.

If you look for good you will see the good because, like you said, everyone is good at the core, good is everywhere. If you look for the bad then you will see that because it too (at this point in our development) is everywhere.

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 46yrs • M
I don't think its quite that simple, but I do think there is something to it. But see, thats part of what religious people do, oh its all the will of god and therefore good, young timmy didn't need his legs anyway, well now he can make a great door-stop.

And with the possibilities of mental disorders and violence and trauma, seeing the good in things isn't so easy. Your philosophy wouldn't hold so well in a war torn country.

Its hard to see the good in genocide or any killing, self defense killing is such a tricky concept, that I'm left not knowing if all killing is wrong or what?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OMG The image of young timmy being a door stop... lol

Poor timmy!

The actual "killing" contains no good as far as I'm concerned; all I'm saying is the people that do the killing do. Even the most monstrous of monsters love their kids, or whatever. Otherwise they wouldn't be human.

So I guess there isn't necessarily good in the essence of killing but there's plenty of good around it and if you look for it you can see it. Does that make sense?

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 46yrs • M
I think little timmy is the only one who can say

46yrs • M
I remember a post saying lie wasn't a sin, I don't know if that is true or not yet but in my first step to find out I found this.

A Sermon on Lying

A minister told his congregation, "Next week I plan to preach about the sin of lying. To help you understand my sermon, I want you all to read Mark 17."
The following Sunday, as he prepared to deliver his sermon, the minister asked for a show of hands. He wanted to know how many had read Mark 17. Every hand went up. The minister smiled and said, "Mark has only sixteen chapters. I will now proceed with my sermon on the sin of lying."

46yrs • M
Lies that mean something.

All the government has to do to lie to people and get away with it is to lie, hide the truth and evidence behind national security, case closed.

Now, when John Ashcroft tell us lies about our liberties, then tell us that we are not losing our liberties, but if we say we are losing our liberties we will be aiding terrorism and lose our liberties. That's just an open threat, that was highly innapropriate and uncalled for, unless you are instituting a fascist rule.

Look there is an ancient, tried and proven, past and present list of steps that every dictatorship takes,

Secrecy,

Propaganda,

Consolodation of Power

Destroy or steal the entire wealth of the economy

Loss of Liberties (ie free speech and eventually all personal rights),

Total Police State.

3 of those are fully instituted and expanding, the others are already in action at varying degrees and rapidly expanding.

Its not rocket science, its history repeating itself over and over.

One more big event till martial law, its as if we woke up in the middle of the height of the cold war, but we are in the middle of Russia.

And the government spokepeople keep coming on every now and then to let us know something big IS going to happen, nothing we can do about it, just to let you know.

Thats bullshit.

This is exactly what the constitution was designed to prevent, if you realized this was set in motion at the end of WWII and before in some accounts and that it has only recently begun fastracking, you would see that as we give up more rights and freedoms of both rights and information the more problems have occured.

Our CIA is the reason for Most instability that we are ever made aware of. That's why there is always the coincidence of vital resources involved with all our peacekeeping. This is why this isn't a difficult game of connect the dots, its all a miatter of how much information we have access to and how much we allow them to lie to us.

46yrs • M
Stop accepting lies from posistions of power.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that weltanschauung is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
dealing with asking society in general....

Society, is a conspiracy against the individual. Even opinions we state, and thoughts we form, can be an unconscious form of media.

""That all knowledge begins with experience, there can be no doubt...""
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that weltanschauung is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
as far as what our constitution was set up to prevent, was based on the ideas of the enlightenment philosopher, john locke "life liberty and property" or life liberty and pursuit of happiness, as we better know it. and his theory on natural rights, which is basically what i just said, and the give and take relationship between government and society. we live in a democratic society...you have no one to blame but the voters, and whom ever doesnt vote, has no right to complain.

""That all knowledge begins with experience, there can be no doubt...""
 46yrs • M
"we live in a democratic society...you have no one to blame but the voters, and whom ever doesnt vote, has no right to complain."

No, when corruption is involved, the voter has no rights. And when we are censored from the truth, we end up with the confusion that you speak of. People want to make wrongs right by instinct, but when people lie and have laws defending those lies people get profoundly confused.

35yrs • F •
carnival_junkie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Lies make the world go round.
Without lies, we would have no truth.

"thank god you werent there to watch me hit bottom"
 46yrs • M
Or without lies, all we would have is truth.

35yrs • F •
carnival_junkie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
it's a catch 22.
without lies, we would have no happiness.
because most of the time, the truth hurts.

lies are a necessity of life.
just like truth.

"thank god you werent there to watch me hit bottom"
LIES - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy