I have great faith in fools - my friends call it self-confidence. (Edgar Allen Poe) - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

To The SwiftBoat Vets For Truth - Page 5

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't know who you want to respond to what. It was you who called me a hypocrit. You need to decide that for yourself.

Go back to the original post. I was defending Kerry to the Swift Boats.

Are you a swift boat? You're too young. So you think you have the right to call me a hypocrit.

Don't tell me what I said and call me a hypocrit. I said what I said, and if it's true or not, you don't know.

quote:

What was pardoned - send me a link? If you can find it - And it will say that Mr. Kerry was negotiating the release of pows - what is treasonous about that, nothing - therefore the pardon and the FBI finding nothing.

I keep hearing these accusation, but you can't prove any of them.

Just who the hell are you to make these accusations. Just a nobody with an opinion.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I stand by my claim and would make it of any hypocrite that equated the treatment of our POWs in Nam to the way we treat POWs.

But you still haven't explained your accusation.

You can idolize J Kerry all you want - I think the man is not worthy of it. I think what he did in Paris as a Naval officer approached treason. I think he represents the prototype of the wealthy arrogant power-hungry politician and I do not understand how anyone could possibly trust him. And NO I do not view all Democrats in such a light - I respect people like Lieberman and Feinstein and of course Zell Miller.

64yrs • M •
quote:
But you still haven't explained your accusation.

What accusation are you referring to?

quote:
I think the man is not worthy of it. I think what he did in Paris as a Naval officer approached treason.

My Answer:
quote:
send me a link? If you can find it - And it will say that Mr. Kerry was negotiating the release of pows - what is treasonous about that, nothing - therefore the pardon and the FBI finding nothing.

It is you who call me a hypocrit and accuse Kerry of treason. So you want me to explain what?

53yrs • M •
The Vietnam Veterans Against The War (VVAW) sent John Kerry to to Paris to represent them in talks with the National Liberation Front (AKA Viet Cong) in 1971.

Do you deny this? Ohh that's right you were there with Kerry as he was merely negotiating the release of POWs.

Like Ive said, he was a naval officer representing an anti-war group that was in direct opposition to the govts wartime actions and policies without the permission of his commanding officer or gov't. And this is kosher with you? Would it have also been kosher if it was done during WWII and some anti-war officer representing some anti-war group met secrety with the Nazis?

64yrs • M •
quote:
The Vietnam Veterans Against The War (VVAW) sent John Kerry to to Paris to represent them in talks with the National Liberation Front (AKA Viet Cong) in 1971.

Where is the link? so I can verify your accusation for myself.

One person attempted to perswaid Kerry to meet with Vietcong in Paris and Kerry said no, he didn't think it was a good idea. He believed that the person who was attempting to set up a meeting was not a Vietnam Vet but a spy for either the communists or the FBI. When you find the link, to the FBI files, that's just what they will tell you.

However - in Mr. Kerry's Diary he tells that on a latter trip, he did meet with a representative of the Viet Cong in Paris to attempt the release of POWs. You can find this in the congressional files - when you find the link.

No I wasn't there - Neither were you - your point?

I have nothing to deny - nothing to defend - I made no accusations about Kerry - You did.

Mr. Kerry is innocent until proven guilty. He who makes the accusations must provide the proof.

As I recall in my military service, we were told that we were free to join in any protest as long as we were on leave and in civilian clothes. If you ever served in the military, you would know this.

Freedom of speech and the right to protest is a right our fore fathers fought and died for.

quote:
anti-war group met secretly with the Nazis?
Another accusation.

This is America - we may have slipped a little bit from our traditions, but it still holds true - you make an accusation - you prove it. We don't convict people on heresy.

53yrs • M •
This is common knowledge - if you don't believe me then look for a link yourself. Either way - I don't really care.

"However - in Mr. Kerry's Diary he tells that on a latter trip, he did meet with a representative of the Viet Cong in Paris to attempt the release of POWs. You can find this in the congressional files - when you find the link.

No I wasn't there - Neither were you - your point?"

That is my point - what Kerry did there neither you nor I know - but the point is that he shouldn't have been there period!!!! Especially as a representative of VAW. Especially as a naval officer without permission from his gov't. I am fairly convinced that Kerry was dishonorably discharged and this is the reason why. Frankly he should have been court-martialed and served some time for it.

Naval officers do not have the same rights as private citizens and they especially don't have the right to protest on foreign soil during wartime.

"Another accusation. "

It wasn't an accusation - it was a hypothetical - try reading before commenting next time.

64yrs • M •
quote:
Naval officers do not have the same rights as private citizens and they especially don't have the right to protest on foreign soil during wartime.

Naval Officers in INACTIVE Reserve status have the same rights as a private citizen, they follow under the same code as a retired person. If you commit a felon you could loose your commision, just like a retired person could loose their retirement.

To protest against a war is not a fellon, it is a right. Just because you don't like that he did that, it doesn't make him a criminal.

quote:
This is common knowledge - if you don't believe me then look for a link yourself. Either way - I don't really care.

It's your common knowledge not mine. Its you, and people like you who make acusations you can't prove. If you keep saying it, you starte believing it yourself. But if you can't prove it, its not true.

quote:
I am fairly convinced that Kerry was dishonorably discharged and this is the reason why. Frankly he should have been court-martialed and served some time for it.

If you are dishonorably discharged you can't vote, let alone be a Senator. Running for presedent would be doubtful at least.

Court martialed for - protesting against the war? All those other thousands of vets who protested with him, they should have been courtmarshalled also?

How many of our young men should die before it is ok to protest? Before we went into Vietnam - we had a surplus, and our country spun into massive borrowing.

Vietnam was not a threat to the United States, but they claimed it was. Men were not asked but told that they would serve, unless ofcourse you were Mr. Bush, your buddy, the coward who stayed home.

Still - you haven't told me about your military service - I'm curious.

40yrs • F •
damnskippy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Political shit makes me sick.

I try to avoid it, but always get pulled in. I want to be informed, but i really don't want to hear it...i always end up depressed after speacking to people about politics. everyone gets angry, everyone is so sure they are right...

i know this whole blip is irrelevant, but i had to comment in some way, now i will go, now that i'm queezy...sorry to but in on the conversation...

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"
 53yrs • M •
"If you are dishonorably discharged you can't vote, let alone be a Senator. Running for presedent would be doubtful at least. "

Where the hell did you learn this? Of course you can vote and of course you can run for the Senate.

"Court martialed for - protesting against the war?"

Dont be stupid - you know damn well what he should have been court-martialed for.

"Mr. Bush, your buddy, the coward who stayed home. "

You mean who flew fighter jets? You're a coward for making such a sophomoric comment.

"Still - you haven't told me about your military service - I'm curious."

That's true.

64yrs • M •
No you can't vote if you have a dishonorable discharge or run for public office and I don't know what Kerry should have been court marshalled for. Mr. Bush the coward never flew any plains in Vietnam, but he did have the opportunity to fly a jet that others would have died to fly, but they didn't have the same daddy.

Bush Lied Soldiers Died

Support the troops, Impeach Bush

Your Daddy

Were is your military record? Mr. Not A Hypocrit, no not you

53yrs • M •
"No you can't vote if you have a dishonorable discharge or run for public office "

Like usual, you dont have a clue what you are talking about! Of course you can vote if you have been dishonorably discharged and the only requirements for running for the senate are stated in the Constitution. Try reading it!

"No Person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty Years, and been nine Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State for which he shall be chosen."

"Mr. Bush the coward never flew any plains in Vietnam"

Mr. Bush's unit was never called up to go to Vietnam - that had nothing to do with Bush. Kerry, like Bush, also joined the Guard however his unit was called up. When it came to choices Bush chose a unit that was far riskier to life and limb than Kerry. If Bush was a coward then you believe everyone who joins the Guard was a coward. And I cant image what you must think of Bill Clinton. But being the hypocrite that you are - I am sure that you love Clinton and dont think he was cowardly.

"Bush Lied Soldiers Died "

You and Kerry are the only ones lying.

"Support the troops, Impeach Bush "

Funny how the troops overwhelmingly support Bush! Ouch - how that must sting!

"Were is your military record? Mr. Not A Hypocrit, no not you"

What does that mean?

64yrs • M •
quote:
Curtis Greene was angry about the war and frustrated with Lisset for not understanding what it had been like there. They argued, so fiercely that twice the police had to break it up.

Gone was the man smiling with her and the kids in family photos. "He was not the person I knew when he came back from Iraq."

One night he disappeared from their home outside Fort Riley, Kan. Lisset and the kids went to stay at her father's house in Hernando County. When he called her to apologize for running out, he promised he would come home to Fort Riley. But he wasn't about to return to Iraq.

"Over my dead body are they going to make me go back."

"I knew he was having dreams, nightmares," Lisset said. "He would wake up at night really sweaty."

On Dec. 6, he showed up for work, his uniform pressed, his boots polished. He sang cadence.

That night, he was found hanging in his barracks. .

I knew a man who took a bullet in Korea, his name was Frank. He died five years ago from the Hipititas he caught in Korea. Though he was wounded in action, he also got into a fight with a commisioned officer. With a dishonorable discharge, he never got to vote and he never got medical. You might be right, a person with a dishonorable discharge might be able to vote in your state. That's one of the complaints about presidential elections, is the inconsistencies from state to state. But distinctly remember that if you served in the military and did not get an honorable discharge, you cannot run for public office. If you have a dishonorable discharge you can't even get a federal job. They'll request a copy of your DD214 and if it doesn't say honorable discharge on it, you don't get the job.

You seem to be so smart about the military - sureley you served somewhere?

64yrs • M •
quote:
Bush chose a unit that was far riskier to life and limb than Kerry

One that stays state side.

quote:
GOP: KERRY WENT TO VIETNAM TO AVOID SERVING IN ALABAMA NATIONAL GUARD

http://www.borowitzreport.com/archive_rpt.asp?rec=933

64yrs • M •
quote:
You and Kerry are the only ones lying.

quote:

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=31659-u-frmid=23

The movie tells the truth and neither I nor Kerry is in it. But you won't watch it - the truth is to much for you - you would rather believe a lie. That's fine, you can believe what you want, that's whats so great about this country. People can believe what they want, even if its not true. It doesn't even have to be proven and they don't even have to investigate it.

But who are you - you're not a swift boat. You never served in Vietnam. This post was never to you or for you, yet you insist on arguing without even offering anything to back up your beliefs.

You're arguing about something you know nothing about, unless you are willing to share your military service with me. Because buddy, if you never served in the military, you don't know nothing about it. I served 14 years. You're trying to tell a blue sky that it isn't blue - you're rediculas.

53yrs • M •
You are being so hypocritical - RELAX - take a deep breath. Kerry is not God you can stop worshiping him.

Now read slowly and try to take it in:

KERRY LIKE BUSH ENLISTED IN THE GUARD.

The only difference is that Kerry's unit got called up and Bush's didn't. If you claim that Bush is a coward for enlisting in the Guard then YOU MUST ACKNOWLEDGE THAT KERRY IS A COWARD TOO.

I'm not screaming just stressing the points of logic! lol

To The SwiftBoat Vets For Truth - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy