Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Welcome to "Atheist vs. God". Join the s - Page 5

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Yet they have justified their warring nature, seeking after their own way rather than accepting His (Jesus) Way."

The sick thing is they justify this warring nature of killing by saying it's to stop killing. And people are like, well ya know, that makes as much sense as anything else these days, why not.

The even sicker thing is that people still end up saying, ok, we killed a bunch of people now feel dirty but fairly somewhat avenged, time to stop.

Then "they" say, NO!, You'll die if you stop killing, because either the terrorists will kill you, or you'll be aiding terrorists by not backing war, and WE'LL kill you!

So everyone's like, AAaarrrruuuuughhhhh??? And we all ponder it, maybe bitch a little, and continue on our merry way while always feeling a little dirty, untill one day they kill us all...... unless we wake up and do something about it I guess.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The even sicker thing is that people still end up saying, ok, we killed a bunch of people now feel dirty but fairly somewhat avenged, time to stop.
Wouldn't that indicate remorse? I don't see their being any rather they say we needed to do these things for the greater good
(of themselves; the justification for their actions)!
Christianity => democracy => capitalism rule of the world,
because if they don't then someone else will rule them?
Yet they don't even rule over themselves, the love of material wealth does so those who have such lord over them.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 28yrs • M •
Hartzy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'm and atheist, and I'm proud of it. I go to a Christian/catholic school and I am one of the few atheists who attend.

One of my main reasons for being an atheist is simply because of the hurt that religion has wrought over the many many years of human history.

The ok'd testa eg is ripe with mass genocide, murder and all other kinds of sin, however, it is religion itself that speaks out against it. I kind this to be contradictory in the extreme.

When stating that I was an atheist for one of the first times, I was ridiculed tremendously because of an opinion and my way of thinking - by religious people.

People say that atheists are horrible people, bias, sinners, blasphemers, and other kinds of absurdity. However, they never stop and check they're own actions which are just as bad, if not worse.

Religion is the cause of most hurt, suffering and pain. To be 100% honest, I wholeheartedly believe that the world would be a far better place without it. To quote Stephen Hawking:
"science will win over religion in the end because it works."

28yrs • M •
Hartzy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
A few spelling mistakes:

Old testament*
find*

Welcome to "Atheist vs. God". Join the s - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy