Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dream Interpretation Thread - Page 3

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vegeto is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
First time I cleaned a fish... fish guts all night, no plot or emotional content, just fish guts...

As far as dream interpretation goes.... It is possible to interpret them WHILE having a lucid dream. To learn this and many other kickarse stuff, I suggest 'Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming' by Stephen LaBerge, Ph.D. and Howard Rheingold. Very worth it, you only have to do the stuff in the book that you want to.

In my most intense Lucid Dream, I told the Dream world that I wanted to see the "Highest." The "Highest" would be God, or your highest self or something along those lines. Best not to have a preconceived notion of what you will find. If you are ready, it is very intense. I don't want to tell what I saw cause it was very personal, but I did spend alot of time flying and having sex in that dream before I decided to actually do somthing.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wow, all of your guys dreams are so interesting.
I had this one dream that I was back in the medieval times and I was wearing one of those huge dresses. Anyways, I remeber I was on top of a tower and there were these 2 suitors that I had to pick from, so I was standing in between them, then all of the sudden I jumped off the tower, and I remember falling and falling, and when I was about to hit the ground, I woke up.
Recently I had this weird experience when I woke up (I don't think I had a dream) and I felt as if someone jerked or yanked me awake, or like the feeling you get when you were under water too long and you come up for breath, and that was how I felt like when I woke up, and I was all out of breath, and it scared me sooo much, but it did wake me up in time for school.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have had that jerking sinking type feeling too. it use to happen to me a lot in jr high when i would fall asleep during class. i would get really embarrassed because it felt like i was moving a whole lot and making a big scene when i woke up... but when i looked around, no one really noticed. so i think that feelng is mostly in your brain. it is very sudden and dramatic though, thats for sure.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
http://psych.ucsc.edu/dreams/Library/domhoff_2001a.html

A New Neurocognitive Theory of Dreams.

"This paper builds on systematic evidence in three independent areas of dream research to suggest a new neurocognitive theory of dreams."

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wyote - I get that feeling too, as if im falling, very quickly, and my stomach feels like it goes up into my throat. It used to happen to me in school a lot too, I would actually have a little spasm though, I would jump like I just got the shit scared out of me. All this while im sitting at a desk, and half the time my knees banged agasint the underside of the desk. Quite embarassing.

Moving on....I have a recurring dream that I have been having a lot lately. It wold only happen when I was at my girlfriends (ex) house sleeping with her. The dream would consist of me and her, in the EXACT sleeping positions we were in at the time, the same room, same setting, same EVERYTHING. But it would be a dream. In my dream I would awake. In the room, next to her, but I wouldnt be able to move, or breath, or talk. I would find myself trying to move to get her attention, and trying to say "Kali...Kali...help me". But all that would come out was a quiet raspy noise, as if I was getting choked. It litterally felt like I couldnt breath, I remember thinking while IN my dream, "Is this a dream, or is this actually happeneing?". Because the setting in the dream was the EXACT same as my surroundings. Usually, I have very good control over my dreams, I can be in the middle of a dream, not like it, and in my dream i say to myself "Ok, this sucks, wake up" I will close my eyes in my dream, and when I open them again, I will be awake. But when I have THIS dream, that ability is gone. Its like Im stuck, not being able to breathe, or move, or talk. When I finally do awake from it, I have to wake Kali and ask her if I was just talking in my sleep, because I really dont know if Its a dream or not, but I guess it is, because she never hears me, or feels me struggleing (sp?). I can move slightly in my dream, but only enough to grasp my neck, like I am choking. I dont know what to make of this....what about you guys?

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 35yrs • F •
Confusededed is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
wow that is reallly....um? cool? interesting at least!
can you guys help me? I had a dream that i was walking with Jesus back to his home. A mob ( not angry) folowed me and Him and when Jesus got to his front door, he ratled the key in the lock but it wouldn't open and the crowd was getting restless. So Jesus handed me the candle (O! forgot to mention : this is not like in a modern day setting and it is twilight. There is a tree hanging over the clearing where His house is)and i held it up so he could see the lock. He started talking to the crowds elling them that that they could find eaven by looking for th e key and the stairway and if you wanted to get into heaven you had to be like the sons of nineveh. ( b-4 2day i had NO IDEA wht a"nineveh" was,, but after i did a google, i found it is a city, the one that the guy who was n the fish stomach was sent to repent . Jonah i think was his name) i woke up thimking " I am a son of nineve (i'm a woman, not a guy) and feeling really significant in my small neighborhood, like i was bigger than what was around me.
wierd , huh?????
HELP!!

"I knew that! really!ok, not really"
 40yrs • M •
splacka8 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Well here's a dream that's been really bothering my girlfriend; I'm really trying to help her out so I figured id seek a solution from this dream thread...

As stated by my girlfriend:

'I keep having the same dream of my brother lying down with blood leaking from his eyes like tears and when I go to ask him what's wrong he cant speak and blood starts coming from his mouth and the more I try to stop it the more it comes and soon its covering his whole face and I keep trying to wipe it out of his eyes but I cant and then blood starts coming out of my eyes like tears too. Please help!'

Any suggestions? Is this even a normal dream?

""Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.""
 40yrs • M •
To dream that you are bleeding or losing blood, signifies that you are suffering from exhaustion or that you are feeling emotionally drained. It may also denote bitter confrontations between you and your friends. Your past actions has come back to haunt you. Women often dream of blood or of someone bleeding shortly before or during their periods and when they are pregnant.

To dream that your eyes are injured or closed, suggests your refusal to see the truth about something or the avoidance of intimacy. You may be expressing feelings of hurt, pain or sympathy.

taken from http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamthemes/bodyparts.htm

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think it varies from person to person, wyote.

any website or book that gives concrete interpretations for everybody is, in my opinion, full of shit.

"You are reading this."
 40yrs • M •
i agree completely. but hey i was bored and i looked it up and it sounded good to me so i posted it

sometimes people want to hear a bunch of bullshit. it makes them feel comfortable.

40yrs • M •
splacka8 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Thanks wyote, another one of my girls crazy dreams solved...lol.. well not completely...

""Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.""
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I had acouple dreams in which my teeth kept on continually falling out, and I was so worried that I was going to swallow them.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Distraction B is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
this thread seems kind of dumb to me. dreams are personal and have to do with your life. yeahyeah some things have universal meanings but those meanings can be interpreted correctly only by the person who made them. i had a dream i watched a car crash into trees by my house. a woman stepped out, every body feature of hers was exactly the opposite of mine, brown hair/blonde short/tall.... but in this dream she was playing the part of me the faker. b/c my life is a lie

"you held my hem as I traveled blind listening to the whispering in my ear"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I had this dream that I was dreaming about dreaming. Lol just kidding.

I love sleep. I love food and women too.

I used to write down my dreams as a kid when I woke up. Then I'd go back to sleep. I noticed that slowly I started to remember my dreams more and more...and how often we have them. And how peculiar some of them are. Anyway I taught myself that by writing the dreams down I must have remembered this process of remembering and thus was better at remembering my dreams more and more. Simple psychology no doubt.

Anyway my dreams made sense to me and I started to realise how active the subconcious is all the time...how we pick up on so many things which are dull to most of you in concious state...Like what people really mean when they say certain things to you and how they say it....natural psychology if you will. It used to be scary because I was picking up on so many little things people close to me said and understood why they were sayng it. So lesson there...we fear the unkown...but more to the point we fear being alone in the unknown...noone else seemed to recognise these things. SO lesson 2: once you realise knowledge think of it as a blessing. This was all done as a kid and I am trying to revert, almost pretence, to fit back into the habit of normal day living. All that from dreams...wonder how many of you actually use your senses to detect little variations....can you sense fear just by noise....now I wonder....

""No words""
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Punkycarrot is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
most nights at some point idream of falling not every night but most
i always wake up when i reach the bottem of the drop
but when i'm awake i feel myself bounce back on to my bed as if i was actually falling i have no idea if this feeling is real
some times i wake up and its only like 3 in the morning other times it can be like 11
but i always bounce back on to the bed

"rock on"
Dream Interpretation Thread - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy