To sit alone with my conscience will be judgment enough for me. - Rev. Charles William Stubbs
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Qur'an - Page 8

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This Might Help

Aljazeera

quote:
The Riyadh-based Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) said in a statement that the club of six oil-rich Gulf monarchies "condemns the terrorist attacks which hit the British capital in several locations this morning".

Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE, "supports all measures taken by the British government to preserve its security and stability," Secretary-General Abdulrahman al-Attiyah said.

The Palestinian Islamist resistance group Hamas condemned the London bombings.

"Targeting civilians in their transport means and lives is denounced and rejected," Moussa Abu Marzouk, deputy chief of the group's political bureau, said.

(these are my words)
I don't believe that 9/11 received this much condemnation. Only the Arab nations have the power to destroy al-Qaida. We with our military can really do little. Only those who have connections can stop these things. Lets not forget, Bin Laden, its supposed leader is from a powerful family in Sadia Arabia. I'm curious if we will hear anything from Bin on this?

Aljazeera

I'm impressed, we didn't get that much at 9/11, But that was then, this is promising

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 64yrs • M •
And This too may help

http://okcitykid.bravejournal.com/

quote:
Aljazeera Muslim scholars move to curb fatwas

Thursday 07 July 2005, 10:19 Makka Time, 7:19 GMT

The Muslim world's top scholars have agreed that fatwas, or religious edicts, should only be issued by clerics with religious authority.

The move is meant to weaken statements by figures involved in fighting in Iraq who ordain violence.

The three-day meeting in Amman which ended on Wednesday, has for the first time gathered representatives of eight Sunni and Shia Muslim schools of thought.

They all also agreed that followers cannot label other Muslims as "apostates", something groups in Iraq have done to justify attacks against Iraqi police and civilians.

(these are my words)
I think what has happened in London is terrible - no reason for me to report that here, as I'm sure it is all over your TV screen. But here, I thought it good to show that there are those within Islam working for peace. Lets not fall into the trap of believing that Islam is a terrorist organization. The KKK claims to be doing the will of God as Christians, yet we know that they are not Christian. Islam believes in Jesus and Jesus would never encourage the killing of innocents. Any real Islam scholar could not possibly support terrorism.

Aljazeera

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
interseting, I hadn't read any of this. Then again, the media, especially in the west won't highlight news such as these, doesn't quite create the drama actually.

But it's quite significant actually, because especially in the west, places like England, the young Muslims really don't have any idea about Islam, and as the sources through which they can get to know about Islam are limited, they can find the wrong ones, making their impressionable minds literally brainwashed. Thats why these statements about not everyone having the authority to give religious edicts etc is so important.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well any influence is brainwashing (in a positve of negative view) to me...

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 64yrs • M •
In the past I would never go to Aljazeera because I believe they are bias. But something happened to Iraq.net. My source of news for what was really happening in Iraq. So now, all you have Aljazeera. They might be biast, but it least its news.

There is a sad media blackout on truth about pertinent things happening in the world. Very sad in deed, so you have to go elsewhere to find what's happening.

The Qur'an - Page 8
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy