Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Qur'an - Page 7

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
" man u have no idea wot u speaking bout. the quraan is da most amiazing piece of arabic writing u will eva find"

Please at least try to spell properly first PLEASE.

I respect the quran, but what muslims needs to understand is that the scientific knowledge that people speak of exists in other older scriptures too

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ya, so since when is it written in the Quran that all the other scriptures contain balderish?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
well okcitykid, there are some truths that I don't think can be stated plainly in paper. 'Seek and thou shall find' covers a lot. It could mean seek God, or truth in the sense of true reality.
and nyway, if we knew every truth, wat'd be the point of life!

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
look. rajpal.
every1 makes mistakes ON THE NET. if u fink dat saying that is in some way insulting me then u are so WRONG.
LOSER.

AMAZING.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 43yrs • M •
"every1 makes mistakes ON THE NET. if u fink dat saying that is in some way insulting me then u are so WRONG"

- actually i wasn't trying to insult you, i was simply making an honest suggestion. The shere fact that you use pathetic words like LOSER really does show your a pre pubesant child.

As for what angel of death said - "ya, so since when is it written in the Quran that all the other scriptures contain balderish?"

Well the quran may not but many muslims sure do. Many muslims go as far as to say that the knowledge in the quran exists nowhere else and that the world was in some kind of dark age before muhhamed "obtained" it from god?

Please dont try to say that these views only represent a few misguided individuals because that exuse really doesn't work. I have always shown respect towards muslims but ive always found that 9 out of 10 times the muslims always seem to be trying to find fault or cracksin other religions and belief systems.

Muslims love to teach others about their religion, but how often do muslims try to learn about other peoples religions instead of making them the subject of ridicule.

How often is it that a muslims decides to study the VEDAS OR GURU GRANTH SAHIB OR TRIPITAK

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Koran, the Bible, there just paper.

Truth lives forever, long after paper decays. You want truth, go out in the woods, there you will find it. You'll find more than you know what to do with.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 43yrs • M •
I agree with you okcitykid, nature can provide the greatest inspiration and spiritual insight there is.

35yrs • M •
well rajpal, here is one muslim infront of you who wants to learn about other religions. I take it you don't travel so much, so when u'll see life more and get to know more people, you'l start to meet both the good and the bad, not just the bad.
There's a lot of hatred out there, and India Pakistan coupled with Islam and Hinduisim really fuels it. Since a Kid I was taught negative things about hinduisim and still am, but along with people who despise it, I have also met people who are willing to learn and respect it.

But unfortunatly most religous people of most religions are not good advocates for that religion.

And yes okcitykid, I tottally agree, you will find far more from nature than from typical religion, and then with the insight you have gained into nature coupled with religion that you will now see in a new light, you will learn a lot about life

43yrs • M •
" I take it you don't travel so much, so when u'll see life more and get to know more people, you'l start to meet both the good and the bad, not just the bad".

I have travelled much and have seen what you call the good and the bad and im sorry to say that what i see is mostly BAD. Ive witnessed christians and other non muslims being called "Kafirs" and ive seen their humiliation, but it seems that when the same happens to muslims its classed as relgious predjudice. When muslims were killed by the hundreds in GUJURAT others spoke of injustice, but what about all the sunni and shiah muslims killing each other in pakistan, iran and other muslims countries, not to mention the cases of hindu slave holdings in parts of pakistan.

When you people face injustice you cry out, but when you do the same to others you expect everyone to except it - BIG MISTAKE. People see the muslims being persecuted but does anyone think why it happens in the first place. Truth be told the they start it. Its just up to others to re-establish the peace.

ITS NOT THE FAULT OF RELIGION ITS THE IGNORANCE OF PEOPLE THAT LEAD TO THESE PROBLEMS.

35yrs • M •
quote:
ITS NOT THE FAULT OF RELIGION ITS THE IGNORANCE OF PEOPLE THAT LEAD TO THESE PROBLEMS.

Exactly. Thats wat Im sayin.

I don't know where your opinions come from. Yes the killings in Gujrat were injustice, but where did u get the idea that sunni and shia killings are encouraged? You make it seem as if in every muslim country non muslims are being humiliated. I v'e been to christian and HIndu communties in Pakistan, and they are allowed to practice their religion and festivels freely.
It seems you only travel to the wrong places and see onlythe wrong things. The so called muslims that you have met must not be muslims, because nowehere in Islam is it stated that christians and jews are infidels, infact, if a Muslim does not believe in their prophets, he is not a muslim.

quote:
When you people face injustice you cry out, but when you do the same to others you expect everyone to except it

For God's sake, where do you get these stuipid opinions? and let me remind you, we'r not here to voice each otherz opinions, but to have a discussion, so it wud be better if we tried having a 'discussion' instead of an argument.
I don't know in what fantasy world you live in, but it seems you mostly live in aghanistan amongst the talibans, cuz no muslim that I havemet says that the world trade center bombings were good.

ok, so instead of making basless acuusation, try to present facts as well.

you said sunni shia killings were not called injustice please tell me right now, how did you get this 'fact'? just tell me.
God help us....

35yrs • M •
look, the thing is, u can't judge a book by it's cover. You can't judge America by George Bush, you can't judge a religion by it's followers. What you'r reffering to is religious extremisim, and I along with many otherz condem it. But I have no hard feelings towards christians when thousands of them kill millions under George Bush, and I have no hard feelings towards Islam when a suicide bomber decides to destroy buildings and the families in them. Yes, at times when I see a report that a person has killed innocents in the name of Islam, I start to despise Islam, but now I have learnt to think logically. By simple technicality and no mumbo jumbo of the different meanings of a verse, any one who kills innocents cannot be regarded as a true muslim. This topic is about the Quran and Islam, I think your aruments against relgious extremsim wud be better suited in the thread not all muslims are terrorists in the complaints section.
Peace to all.

43yrs • M •
"The so called muslims that you have met must not be muslims, because nowehere in Islam is it stated that christians and jews are infidels, infact, if a Muslim does not believe in their prophets, he is not a muslim"

Thats all fine and dandy for the jews and christians but what about people who dont follow religions of semetic origin.

"I don't know in what fantasy world you live in, but it seems you mostly live in aghanistan amongst the talibans, cuz no muslim that I havemet says that the world trade center bombings were good".

WHERE HAVE I MENTIONED THE BOMBING OF THE WORLD TRADE CENTRE ? - AS FOR WHAT MANY MUSLIMS SAID ABOUT IT WELL YOU OBVOUSLY DONT KNOW MANY DO YOU.

"You make it seem as if in every muslim country non muslims are being humiliated. I v'e been to christian and HIndu communties in Pakistan, and they are allowed to practice their religion and festivels freely".

Thats your misconception, my intention wasnt towards making all muslims countries hostile towards other religions.

AS FOR THE PART ABOUT VISITING HINDU AND CHRISTIAN COMMUNITIES IN PAKISTAN - WELL LETS JUST SAY THAT THINGS OFTEN LOOK SPRUCED UP AND CLEAN ON THE OUTSIDE BUT THE REALITY IS OFTEN VERY DIFFERENT.

SURE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT CHANGES IN PLACES LIKE PAKISTAN AND "IMPROVMENTS" BUT IN THE LIGHT OF ALL THIS IS OFTEN JUST AS FABRICATED AS A DODGY PYRAMID SCHEME TO MAKE MONEY.

You talk about seeing the bad side of everything but the same can also be said about the good side, i have christian friends who have lived in pakistan so dont tell me this is all baldersih just because you "been" to a communities in pakistan.

"you said sunni shia killings were not called injustice please tell me right now, how did you get this 'fact'? just tell me.
God help us...."

THERES NO NEED TO INVOLVE GOD (AS USUAL!) WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY DEAR, IS THAT WHEN A NON MUSLIM HARMS OR KILLS A MUSLIM ITS SEEN AS RELIGOUS INJUSTICE AND THE MUSLIMS CRY OUT. BUT WHAT ABOUT WHEN YOUR OWN KIND KILLS EACH OTHER - THERES NO REAL FUSS KICKED UP ABOUT THAT IS THERE.

I KNOW THIS BECAUSE MUSLIMS IN PAKISTAN HAVE CRITISISED THE TREATMENT OF MUSLIMS IN INDIA TO WHICH THE MUSLIMS IN INDIA HAVE REPLIED - FAIR ENOUGH THERE "WAS" RELIGOUS VIOLENCE IN GUJURAT BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE MUSLIMS FIGHTING AMONGST THEMSELVES AND KILLING EACH OTHER IN PAKISTAN AND OTHER MUSLIM COUNTRIES - DO YOU UNDERTSAND NOW DEAR?

I know my disscusion may not seem relevant to the quran but it goes back to that original point that i made about muslims wanting to preach there doctrine and not wanting to learn about other religous doctrines, treat those the way you wish to be trated yourself.

Believe me ive had far more ilogical argumants from your kind than this.

YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY MUSLIM IN THE WORLD - SO PLEASE DONT TRY TO BE AN ADVOCATE FOR YOUR RELIGION .

PEACE TO YOU ALL - AND I ACTUALLY MEAN IT!

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I agree with you okcitykid, nature can provide the greatest inspiration and spiritual insight there is.

Thanks, and I wished most main stream religions believed this as well.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
quote:
Thats all fine and dandy for the jews and christians but what about people who dont follow religions of semetic origin.

Even for religions of semetic origin, Muslims are not allowed to disrespect them, and whoever does so is a very narrow minded individual.

quote:
WHERE HAVE I MENTIONED THE BOMBING OF THE WORLD TRADE CENTRE ? - AS FOR WHAT MANY MUSLIMS SAID ABOUT IT WELL YOU OBVOUSLY DONT KNOW MANY DO YOU.

You said that whenever there is any injustice any Muslims, they cry out, but when they do injustice to others, they expect them to accept it. The world trade center is an example dude.

quote:
THERES NO NEED TO INVOLVE GOD (AS USUAL!) WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY DEAR, IS THAT WHEN A NON MUSLIM HARMS OR KILLS A MUSLIM ITS SEEN AS RELIGOUS INJUSTICE AND THE MUSLIMS CRY OUT. BUT WHAT ABOUT WHEN YOUR OWN KIND KILLS EACH OTHER - THERES NO REAL FUSS KICKED UP ABOUT THAT IS THERE.

Lol, what do u mean that no fuss is kicked up? Whenever it happens it comes in the news papers, and the police is after such people, so what is you defination of fuss? lol, do you expect mulsims to complain to U.N when they themselves are the ones killing themselves?
btw way 'God help us' =expression lol

quote:
YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY MUSLIM IN THE WORLD - SO PLEASE DONT TRY TO BE AN ADVOCATE FOR YOUR RELIGION

Thankfully I don't claim to be the advocate of Muslims, as I don't support any one who goes against Islam, but I am of Islam, as majority of tadays muslims have got nothin to do with the true meaning of Islam.

lol I think I 'll write a few lines in capital letters as well, so GET THIS, ANY MUSLIM WHO MISTREATS SOME ONE FROM ANOTHER RELIGION IS BAD, ANY MUSLIM WHO KILLS SOMEONE IS BAD, HECK, ANY MUSLIM WHO SLEEPS BEFORE MARRIAGE IS BAD, BUT HOW DOES THE QURAN GET INVOLVED IN ALL OF THIS?

35yrs • M •
quote:

Even for religions of semetic origin, Muslims are not allowed to disrespect them, and whoever does so is a very narrow minded individual.

quote:

You said that whenever there is any injustice any Muslims, they cry out, but when they do injustice to others, they expect them to accept it. The world trade center is an example dude.

quote:

Lol, what do u mean that no fuss is kicked up? Whenever it happens it comes in the news papers, and the police is after such people, so what is you defination of fuss? lol, do you expect mulsims to complain to U.N when they themselves are the ones killing themselves?
btw way 'God help us' =expression lol

quote:
YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY MUSLIM IN THE WORLD - SO PLEASE DONT TRY TO BE AN ADVOCATE FOR YOUR RELIGION

Thankfully I don't claim to be the advocate of Muslims, as I don't support any one who goes against Islam, but I am of Islam, as majority of tadays muslims have got nothin to do with the true meaning of Islam.

lol I think I 'll write a few lines in capital letters as well, so GET THIS, ANY MUSLIM WHO MISTREATS SOME ONE FROM ANOTHER RELIGION IS BAD, ANY MUSLIM WHO KILLS SOMEONE IS BAD, HECK, ANY MUSLIM WHO SLEEPS BEFORE MARRIAGE IS BAD, BUT HOW DOES THE QURAN GET INVOLVED IN ALL OF THIS?
Phew! I wrote in capital letters, but I must say, ur capital letters really show their anger better

The Qur'an - Page 7
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy