Ignorance is bliss. Intelligence brings pain. Why do we strive for intelligence? - shadowcult
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Qur'an - Page 3

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Surah 5:69: Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Last Day, and work righteousness, - on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 64yrs • M •
quote:
thats saying that Jesus was not killed, and raised to the heavens. most islamic scholors believe that God replaced jesus with some other person, and that he was crucified instead of jesus.

Again - I don't know who I'm talking to. If Moslems believed as Christians did than they would be Christian and not Moslems. But this verse does show that Moslems do have a high regard for Jesus. That being clearly seen; if your friend is my friend, maybe we can be friends. It is best to first see what we do agree on and then work on the things we dissagree on rather then first see the things we differ on and never see how we agree on anything.

47yrs • M •
nomaan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i've never heard of a muhammed from the 3rd century. Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) was not a follower of the 3rd centuary Muhammed.

Muslims have a lot of respect for Jesus the prophet.

I'd like to know where you read about the 3rd centuary muhammed.

56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Jewish community also believes Jesus was a prophet.

The fact is, HE lived, He did miraculous things...and if you read where he says; Blessed are those who believe but have not seen.

He knew not everyone would believe in HIM, and He knew the way to heaven is a narrow path.
So be it...

I understand they have their own 'bible' and beliefs, but in fact, the apostles covered that ground too.....but they did not believe, therefore, like the Jews, they are in error.
Jesus gave account of His life....and death.

Mark 16; 14 - 17
At length he appeared to the Eleven as they were at a table ; and he upbraided them for their lack of faith and hardness of heart in that they had not believed those who had seen him after he had risen, and he said to them, "Go into the whole world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes AND is baptised shall be saved , but he who does not believe shall be CONDEMNED. And these signs shall attend those who believe; in my name they shall cast out devils; they shall speak in new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands upon the sick and they shall get well."

ALL THESE HAPPENED FOR THE APOSTLES...AS GREAT SIGNS THEY WERE OF THE LORD....

The choice is yours...fascinating knowing other faiths, but do NOT envy them.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Let me explain a tad more. Look at the laws today. Nations built on the basics of christian theology. Even the Quran you keep speaking of, sees that christianity is to be believed.

What nations would that be? As you stated to Teen, Jesus never taught anyone to kill (murder anyone Nor to steal from anyone! So what nation has not done these things and continue to do so even untill this every hour?
quote:
WHY? Because democracy is based on christianity. DO not believe me? read Thomas Jefferson.

Communism is closer to christian lifestyle than capitalism to begin with.
Carl Marx practically used early christian lifestyle as a model, he thought that Christianity was being used as ruse to porpagate capitalism. Which is why communism is atheistic?

After all didn't OkCity point out that Mother Tereassa (sp) give up her material poceesions which aleinated her from her family?
Is this commonly done by priest & Nunns? How can this be compared to our way of life?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that IUHoosier is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's nice that you are sharing versus's on their committment to peace, as long as you realize for every one advocating this, there is one that advocates killing infidels.

64yrs • M •
quote:
but they did not believe, therefore, like the Jews, they are in error.

How about YOU think they are wrong.

64yrs • M •
quote:
WHY? Because democracy is based on christianity. DO not believe me? read Thomas Jefferson.

How did this get here - anyways - I think you got it backwards. Thomas Jefferson was the father of seperation of church and state. If he had his way, we would not swear by the holy bible, a tradition that came to us from the english to which thomas jefferson was very much against.

64yrs • M •
quote:
It's nice that you are sharing versus's on their committment to peace, as long as you realize for every one advocating this, there is one that advocates killing infidels.

I'm trying - thanks

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i am a female muslim, thsi is for all those who feel that we don't have the same rights as men.

islam is [b] is a sexist religion. womn have rights that men don't and vice versa. but so what, that's the way it works. god love the women as he loves men. there may not be a verse about women getting a dozen virgens but so what. there are more bounties that we can look foward to. god is just, and he is a perfect god. everything he does and says has wisdom behind. he said that all will get what we deserve on the day on resurrection. god never breaks his oaths, and never has, never will.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
'WHY? Because democracy is based on christianity. DO not believe me? read Thomas Jefferson.'

Democracy is of Greek origins, developed well before the advent of Christianity.
Thomas Jefferson, to Horatio G. Spafford, wrote in 1814: 'In every country and in every age, the clergy has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own...'
Mr. Jefferson is not really a good example to use for your argument; his negative writings outweigh his positive. And read 'The Tripoli Treaty'. There are also two other threads for this discussion, under 'Religion/America is not a Xtian Nation' and 'Politics/Secular Gov't Opinions'.
--------------------------------------------
'Even the Quran you keep speaking of, sees that christianity is to be believed.'

The Qur'an is preaching tolerance of Xian and Zion religions in that passage.
-----------------------------------------------
'Christians are a MINORITY.'

According to some sources I have read, Christianity stands at 33% (and dropping) of the world population, and Islamic at 20%. Atheists stand at only 4% btw, Wiccans and Neo-pagans do not even break one percent.
=================
I have read the bible, and much of the Qur'an, though both over a decade ago, and in my opinion, the Qur'an seems to be the least contradictory between the two. I was going to say 'also the more closely followed today' but that would be a false statement, there are Islamics who twist their holy scriptures to their own needs of political power, as well as some Christians and their bible.

The trouble I see with ANY ancient writings is the fact that we do not live in that time. Cultural differences, between then and now, make it nearly impossible to think as those people contemporary to the creation of those religious texts. Cultural differences, linguistic shifts, hand copying for thousands of years, and the shifting of word meanings during translations all contribute to muddle the original meanings and intents of ancient scriptures and documents. To begin to truly understand those writings, one must first learn of those ancient cultures that produced them. Those examples listed above, that has occurred just within the past 229 years, has led to much confusion and conflict today in American politics and theology.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
have u eva read the interperatation of the quraan, it has clearly shown us how we can use it today. the prophet and his campanions explained it

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 59yrs • M •
I've only read parts of the translations. During my decades long search for a Path to follow after I cut Xianism loose, I looked at many religions, though I claim no expertise in any.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JimmyK is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Im muslim, and the quran states that if u believe in god even if your christian, jewish, or islamic, and u work for rightousness then youll enter paradise(heaven). But i dont agree with the section on women, women should have more freedom(but i do like the idea of having 4 wives ).

59yrs • M •
"He who would have a harem, never had one"

The Qur'an - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy