Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

real or just a myth?

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
zerokool is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
real or just a myth?

[  Edited by zerokool at   ]
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
they probably have some generation in truth-maybe someone from an ancient village came running in at night claiming to have seen a man change into a wolf, when in actuality he had only seen a wolf, but his eyes and mind played tricks on him, and then as he came running back the whole retrospection of the event elaborated it even more, and when he told it to the rest of the villagers he exxagerated and said that it chased him or something, and then the villagers became frightened(ancient people frightened easily because they didn't have very many rational explanations for things) and ellaborated on it more. then, people claimed to have seen these "werewolves"-whether lying to get attention or having been fooled by their perception-and people began making up stories and myths, and over time, they became an integral part of their culture and mythology.

"You are reading this."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Celtic has the tradition of shape-shifting as well as the Greek or Romans but I don't think that these are particularly related to the Medevil tales of werewolfs and such which may relate more to the myth of yetti (abominable snowman)
As to the alien myth I think it is just the importance that has been put on technology that has fired imaginations. Afteer all, these myths weren't the product of ignorant villiagers were they?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if i believe that there is life on other planets as well does that mean i believe in aliens ?
Prolly does
i just don't believe in the green with big eyes kind

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 41yrs • M •
zerokool is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I too, believe that there is other life forms out there how can we say there isn't when we have only study a extremely small amount of the universe.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Personally, from what ive seen, i reckon aliens do exist... bit like was said above, not giant green big eyed thingys O.O

But from all the video and stuff, im pretty sure they do. By the way, does anyone else here believe in the conspiracy theory of NASA and the moon landings?

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that dr. suess is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
in a rebutle to cturtle, u said that alien belief is new, whitch it is not. aliens go back as far as the egyptians in hyrogliphics.

72yrs • M •
dr. suess; what I was stating that today people see aliens as proof that life exist on other planets which is the basic primise of the Sci-Fi "StarGate", correct?
quote:
aliens go back as far as the egyptians in hyrogliphics.

War_X, what or which conspiracy theory? If you are speaking of the faked photos of the lunar landing then as a photographer, I have to admit that they have a valid accusation about the highlights and shadows in the photos.
quote:
By the way, does anyone else here believe in the conspiracy theory of NASA and the moon landings?

Kool, your right about how little we conceive about the extent to which the universe exist. And there may be some form of life upon another planet, in some distant solar system, in some distant galaxy. After all I think that they have found life in the waters deep in the earth which don't use or function by some form of photosynthesis. So yes there is a chance that alien life may exist.
quote:
how can we say there isn't when we have only study a extremely small amount of the universe.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
They are learning more and more about mental sickness. As we focus on the physical and get all these things in order, so we hope. We learn less and less about the spiritual (religion) and these other things.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I only think that things such as werewolves and vampires are just tales that got passed around as entertainment and as a way of keeping people in line.

But I do like hearing stories about them.

And as for aliens I look at it this way, if there are billions and billions of planets out there, don't you think it would be odd if we were the only ones with intellegent life.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Mostly myths. Though many are based in reality. Alien visions could just be a drunk in someone's headlights, the great bull's (minotaur's dad) rumbles were earthquakes and the smoke and fume of dragons were volcanoes.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Not only the shadows in the photos, also stars in the photos do not exist.

Also, the little cross hair on the camera, is ometimes overlapped by an objext (!?)

Also, the thrust required to land the shuttle on the moon was a very high amount (sorry but i dont know the exact value) and yet in the pictures there is no crater where the shuttle landed.

Also, in some photos, the front of the ship is all dark, and yet you can clearly see certain features =O

Also, the reason Russians stopped in orbit and didnt want to go to the moon was because they feared the large amount of gamma radiatin that humans would be exposed to.

Also in the same year, France (i think) recorded the strongest storm on the suns surface, which would greatly increase the gamma radiation.

Also, sattelite images of Area 51 having moon type terrain.

Also, the similarity of the terrain they always land on.

Also, scientists back in 1969 predicted less than 1% chance of them actually being successfull. =O

Also, the camera pictures were taken perfectly, no chopped heads/feet etc, and yet the maker said that the astronauts could not se what they were taking pictures of because the bulky camera was positioned immobile on their chest.

Also if you increased the speed of the video by x2 the people and vehicles are actually moving normally.

Also, THE AMERICAN FLAG WAVED!?!?!?!?

Also, in 2007 or 2008 Japan is going to send a shuttle to the moon to uncover the truth =D

Well, thats all the evidence i can remember.

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Had it been faked, I think the Russians would have pointed it out to us.

"Also, the thrust required to land the shuttle on the moon was a very high amount (sorry but i dont know the exact value) and yet in the pictures there is no crater where the shuttle landed."
Could have slowed down before getting close enough to the ground to make a big mark and then just fallen.
Hell our robots to mars don't even slow down. They just bounce at the bottom. The moon has even less gravity.

"Also in the same year, France (i think) recorded the strongest storm on the suns surface, which would greatly increase the gamma radiation."
So?

"Also, the reason Russians stopped in orbit and didnt want to go to the moon was because they feared the large amount of gamma radiatin that humans would be exposed to."
Why would there be more radiation on the Moon then in space? Both give exactly 0% protection to radiation.

"Also, the camera pictures were taken perfectly, no chopped heads/feet etc, and yet the maker said that the astronauts could not se what they were taking pictures of because the bulky camera was positioned immobile on their chest."
There are so many ways the minds of NASA could have solved this that I won't even bother.

"Also, THE AMERICAN FLAG WAVED!?!?!?!? "
It was held up by a piece of metal. Droopy flags are unsexy.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 72yrs • M •
The photos have discrepencies which make them highly suspect at least.
The multiple highlights is some of the photos might be explained by an extended solar array acting as a reflector but not in all the background nor photos. Which shadows of objects indicate multiple lighting sources.
As the moon has some atmosphere convection currents caused by temperature differences could cause this effect but then we would expect the dust churnned up by the lunar rover to be effected likewise, as some of the dust seems to settle indicates a greater gravitational effect? But the the rover sequence may have been compressed so the apparent velocity may not be as great as it appears.

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what about ghosts? i think there is a perfectly logical explanation for them, im confident they are real, but they probably arent "ghosts" as we think of them.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
real or just a myth?
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy