Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

real or just a myth? - Page 3

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As a group I see that most have certain elements of non believe in ghost as such? Which I think is good.
quote:
You're also much more likely to see a ghost or think you saw a ghost if you actually expect to.
I know I had this Christian tell me the same thing . . you can only receive the 'gifts of the spirit'by believing you can receive these gifts'.
So I am wondering about ghost stories in which the ghost was some sort of animal? But then I would have to make an distinction between ghost and spirit? Or are they the same thing?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I wonder if the astronauts crashed on the moon if they would haunt it?

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 35yrs • M •
Beatleboy182 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.

Well that depends on weather on not u belive in Gohsts in the firsts place

As for the moon -

When someboday (sorry can't remember who) was talking aboot speeding the tape up, the sand flies up in the air then falls back to the surfave as tho normal Gravity applies. But gravity levels on the moon r ment 2 b low ..... (Do u get me? (The sand moves like it would on earth, when on the moon would just float upwards))

As for aliens -

Of coarse they exsist

The exact meaning of the word alien is something forign - Something not origanally belonging in the place it is

So this is even a human in another country then thier home

If u meant Extra Terestrials (Sp?) of coarse they exists aswell -

The Romans thought they were the only people on the planet (And thought it was flat) then met Blacks and Asians, Idians Ect.

Igronat 2 belive we r alone, realy

It's a practical imposiplity if u think aboot it

So big a universe yet only 6 billion (So of not long ago) Humans control it

What a planet each

NO!

Feedback?

"Freedom of speech is being alowed to walk down the street talking into your shoe, As long as your not using it to rape somebody"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Of course there is life on other planets, but 90% would be non techinical, only simple, non-intelligent life. However, even if EVERY planet was inhabited, none would be even close to human form. Anyway, only a tiny percentage of advanced civilizations may exist, but again, they might have become so advanced at one stage that they could have proven to be their own downfall!(very much like where the human race apears to be going)So that leaves us with about less then one percent civilzations which have not been destroyed, it would be in few million planets I think. There is a mathematical equation on this by Carl Sagan.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
Beatleboy182 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.

How do u no they were not in a technological situation simular to what we are now, When the first homo-erectus was born?

They may have been a civilisation for billions of years before Anything evolved into an ape

Or they could just be starting out - Just discovored the wheel ect.

Or there may be a civilisation may have inhibited many planets .......

Interesting

"Freedom of speech is being alowed to walk down the street talking into your shoe, As long as your not using it to rape somebody"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Maybe the aliens came to earth, passed it and are still searching for sentient life? =O

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 35yrs • M •
I don't think that they actually visited our planet at somepoint of early earth, I mean, how would they know where to search for life out of trillions of planets? Maybe, like us they are also sending radio signals. I dont think that they even know we exist, because we are just starting to send radio signals, however, no govt. is willing to take the issue of alien signals seriously, so even if they ARE trying to make contact, we'd never know.

43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with most people on this forum, I dont think that vampires etc are real but when it comes to aliens I think they are out there but we dont know enough about them weather they are friendly or out to take over our world?

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 35yrs • M •
Well, if they are reletively young and curious like us, then they will be friendly if contact is established, however, if they have existed for about 15-20 thousand years, then they will be an intergalactic civilization, and will see a planet as rare as earth of little use except for inhabiting it.

35yrs • M •
By the way, this is a very special day for me(sob sob), today I reached the 50 post mark!

52yrs • M •
Hey maybe the aliens are here allready and actually they are Vampires! That has got to be it- that makes a lot of sense it is always dark in space right?

One thing though aliens coming to earth could lead to a biological nightmare- ie the spread of diseases and parasites from differnent ecosystems could prove to be disasterous.- like in the war of the worlds.....

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I being older may find belief in aiiens as far fetched as those who are younger may find ghosts?
Although there is an astronomical number of planets from these we would tend to subtract those which don't have an atmoshere? sun(s) rediating the required light -- frequency and intensity? similar elemental compsoition and form to form organic life?
What would non-organic life form? Would aliens comunicate or even perceive the wavelanghts of energy as we do?
Odds of aliens beings looking a lil' longer??

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 52yrs • M •
Has anyone ever had the thought that perhaps they were a ghost or that perhaps we are all ghosts? Imagine our world had abruptly ended and our collective consciouness just could not cope with that....

35yrs • M •
Just like 'The Others'!(shiver shiver).
Yeah, the aliens could be ghosts but I don't think that this universe works that way, and i dont think they would have developed telepathy etc. However, it is not neccessary that they should have radio signals etc, they could entertain a host of other ideas.
Yes, a majority of planets would not have life, but could life evolve according to those conditions?

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Im not too sure about this but i think a while ago now scientists said they found small life forms (germs or something similar) on one of Jupiters/Saturns moons. Im not too sure abuut this, just asking if anyone else heard about it and what their opinion is?

Ill try to maybe find a site that explains it later today.

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
real or just a myth? - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy