Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Deja Vu-Theories - Page 5

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
sounds good in theory

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 38yrs • M •
EagleTalonTSI is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
heres what I think De ja vus are some people listen to this thoery and start freaking at me because it makes too much sence there what you remeber of your past life when you die you just start you life over again like nothing ever happend. When you come to something you think you have done before its because you have your just getting past the block in your brain of your past life. Sometimes it may be an important part in your life and you see it before it happens I don't know if you can change it or not but if you can everytime you die your life will keep getting better because your fixing all the mistakes that you have made in your past life theres alot more to this but its too much to write

36yrs • M •
sleepyownz is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'm having Deja Vu as i type this now, i remember having deja vu and finding this forum because i wanted to know more.

I just wanted to add as a kid i had Deja Vu in a sense of remembering an exact scene in the exact environment, but it was only seen as a "picture". I would go and tell my mother that i had a dream of me doing something and i just did it. It was a few years before it started happening again (i was maybe 16) but this time i noticed it happened after getting high (weed!).. and i would get Deja Vu but in the aspects of almost watching my life as if i had seen it millions of times. I stopped smoking it

Not until recently i started smoking weed again (I'm 20 ) and I'm having Deja Vu again, its almost as though i can just let my self go and my body and mind already knows what to do such as Driving, Working, Talking and just Living in general.

-maybe a little off topic
I sometimes think there are no true choices in life, If there are such things as Psychic's and Prophet's that can tell the future. I feel It was thought out for you already. Almost like a play

Often times i feel like I'm living a play, and i know whats going to happen. I sit back and just watch my life unfold, knowing every second word for word.

73yrs • M •
Uhmaybeu2 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
My experience of what I have called Deja Vu is usually preceeded by a tingling, nausea and apprehension of passing out. What occurs in the moment to my mind as thought is, yes, I feel like I have been at this moment as location or environmental constituents before. What next occurs to me is that a question arises. What is it that I did not get or understand before? In other words, it seems to be an opening to the present that offers an opportunity. If the present contains all, i.e. past and future, then to me it seems the real question is how much am I truly present within some total Presence.

""With what may the Devil not joke?""
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
P.D. Ouspensky, Gurdjieff's most prized pupil, wrote a book called "In Search of the Miraclulous: Fragments of an Unknown Teaching" where he introduces the theory of Eternal Recurrence, a theory related to him by Gurdjieff. The theory holds that we are trapped in a specific time-period of existence and, so, when we die we are reborn on the same day, month, and year of birth, in the same house, in the same family, and live our lives all over again (and, supposedly, we have done this an eternity of times). Remember, Gurdjieff's teachings held that we are all "unconscious" 99% of our lives--we think, act, and feel only as a result of external, "mechanical" forces. However, there are moments in our lives when we suddenly become aware of ourselves. In those moments everything brightens, sensations become sharper, and we suddenly realize that most of our life, the memories of it, are recalled in shadowy haziness. But those rare moments of clarity remain with us and, sometimes, we realize we have lived that moment before--and we have, an eternity of times. This is what Ouspensky and Gurdjieff called deja vu.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
For me the most logical explanation of deja vu is that it is caused by dreams.

We dream almost every night and most of those dreams are not remembered. And what do we dream about most of the time? The world we live in; our environment, things we want to do, those we love, those we know, those we want to know etc.

So when we do something we have dreamt of before, it is no wonder we sometimes get a small "hint" or sensation of having experienced it before- even though we know we never physically did. It isn't even a strong memory, as in a real life memory. (at least for me) More an impression of similarity. Something vague and dreamlike and part of our subconscious... the same place our dreams come from...

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 36yrs • M •
sleepyownz is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Just as an example Saturday before last, I had a dream (that i remembered only seconds of) that i seen my legs up and my hands in hand cuffs. I told my cousin Sunday morning i didn't want to go anywhere because of the dream I had, I explained to him that i seen myself in the back of a police car. Well he convinced me it was just a dream and that it wouldn't happen, Sunday night we got stopped by the police, who patted me down for weapons, I felt they took it too far and i said something about it. Next thing i know I'm in cuffs and they sat me in there backseat and asked me questions. The police car had no floor so you had no choice but to put your feet up(just like the dream). While sitting in the back seat obviously I was mad until i realized it happened exactly like that in my dream. Then i was able to calm down as it felt like it was destiny.

Its like i knew what would happen but thats all the power i had, I couldn't change what would eventually happen that night.

69yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that willowwater is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, I believe everyone has a kind of destiny, that we've all planned before incarnation in order to spiritually progress. Basically we've chosen our "destination", but we're making the route up as we go along(free will). Our higher self/consciousness(spirit) knows all, and has always got our true life path running in the back of it's mind(kinda like a pre-recorded video), no matter what we do, or how much we've veered off-course, which is why we sometimes make spontaneous, life-changing descisions, or get drawn to certain people and situations(our higher self pulling us back on course). Deja vous occurs when our life(thats a bit off-course), gets back on course. At the moment of deja vous, life and fate touch, so we experience both at the same time momentarily, thats when we say "woa, deja vous", and we start thinking, which in turn usually makes our waking mind take over, and our link to our higher self is disconnected(which is why most deja vous only lasts seconds-until realisation!). I believe having a deja vous experience means I am on the right track to fullfill my destiny, and I usually find them quite reassuring, especially just after making a big descision, as then I feel I'm doing the right thing.

it's as if you are walking along the kerb, or a low wall, sometimes one of your feet slip off, but the other one stays on the kerb(imagine the foot on the wall is your fate, and the foot thats slipped is the life you're living). When you bring your other foot back onto the kerb, you momentarily look down to check your footing, thats when you see your two feet, which fleetingly look more or less the same, then you look up again to wherever your headed.

Well it makes sense to me anyway!

43yrs • M •
Rube is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I came up with a theory to explain Deja Vu. It's actually pretty simple: It works on the Tauist premise that life does not offer an infinite number of different scenarios.
Take for example a tyrannical leader of a country whos' citizens want him out - Robert Mugabe is a good example. Being a tyrant the leader tries desperately to hold onto power - an act which will inevitably lead to his downfall. This has happened countless times in countless different countries throughout the history of the world.
Now think about those small insignificant instances in your own life where you are presented with a situation that has happened to you before: 'Being in two minds' about something or looking forward to meeting someone who's company you enjoy - different instances of the same feeling.
But there are even deeper instances that we experience on a more subconscious level, invisible to us - like when you make a decision without realizing it - it's like an 'inner world' with it's own situations and elements. I believe that when we repeat ourselves on this deeper level that we can only sense rather than consciously experience, we get the strange feeling that we've 'been here before' but we can't put our finger on what it is.

"what?"
 32yrs • M •
xaeft is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Short and sweet answer:
Déja vu occurs because of the pattern loving mind.

Not so short and sweet (computer-like terminology):
So, If the mind finds a remotely close pattern to an older memory, it brings the memory right back up for a couple of seconds. Without your consent, your mind will move the memory to a more safe spot closer to where your short term memory is. Now, if you happened to remember a bad memory, your mind will just try to suppress it. However, the more you suppress it the more likely you'll remember it again!

No real answer as to why it happens. But, it is entirely plausible that these memory relapses occur because of some significance to the memory. Too bad you don't remember what exactly happened during the original occurrence. Maybe, just maybe you have to decipher it?

So, the there doesn't seem like a way to escape the inevitable Déja vu feelings.

"ut proverbium loguitur vetus..."
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've recently come up with a hypothosis for these event
let's just assume time is infinate without anybody there to observe it then after a certain amount of "time" the exact coincedences which have led you to the place you are at now will arise again
perhaps deja vu is a cross roads for a previous life where u turned left but in this one you turn right creating a different possibility and starting a ripple which could eventually effect millions of lifes...
Eg. You decide to cross the road on a zebra crossing slowing a car to a stop, the car carrys on up the Road and is hit by a lorry the person in the car dies effecting his family the lorry drivers family and anybody they both would of come in contact with in the future, but if you kept walking and crossed when the road was clear then non of this would of happened giving you a déjà vu feeling...

I can't beleive that the brain can make such a mistake unless there is a defect the brain.

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
 76yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that dbh is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You should hunt up a wonderful song by John Hartford called I WOULDN'T BE HERE.

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Checked that song dbh... Not really my cup of tea but very cleaver lol

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Here's some deja-vu stuff...

Ever since the age of ten, I have not had an insincere dream... "where there was a perponderence of fantasy"...

for those a little more experienced with the phenom.... I've never had a fantastical dream, like the mickey mouse or cartoony stuff..... never

and all my dreams come true.

completely...

a year, a day... three four or seven years later.... My dreams have always come true... all of them...

down side being, among many things, that I've dreamt of my death and the circumstances of it since the age of at least ten years old...

From a family with a propensity towards these sensitivities....

though with ABSOLUTELY no encouragement from the immediate family, since there was a great deal of influence from the Militant Christianity adopted by my father from the Missionaries in the country of his birth which converted him from the religion of his ancestry

this Missionary Christianity produced a hyper adjusted Protestent Evangelist

my dad

Me, with my awarnesses and influences from outside the definition of Christianity except to call it Satanic... I began and end as a familial oddity that isn't unexpected

there are realities and schools to teach the school of thought to which those realities belong...

as time has allowed, eventually a school of everythng comes about, so it's not hard to wrap one's head around... depends on how long you think we've been intelligent and organized as humans...

which I believe is longer than ever

call it what we will, I'll let this be said of myself

Deja Vu

is a portent... that acts independent of the dillution, or its frequency in my reality which is where i experience the phenom.... it's a portent

of things, IN MY EXPERIENCES, definately to come

I can't imagine how it's not the same for anybody else, actually

my bad

lol

ONE THING I DID DO, IS, BEGIN to catalogue mentally, since i couldn't discipline myself to journal the experiences, except mentally.....

I began to keep track of the experience of DEJA VU

the surroundings, the timing and some of the immediate after effects, and or results from the chain of events that were detailed in the dream...

since my De Ja Vu is always connected to the dreams I've had in the past

Once I discovered the underlying message of the collective experience of the De Ja Vu's that I always have

the only info I seem to retain is this:

quote:
I am exactly where I'm supposed to be

Yippee

Greeeeeeat

More enigma wrapped in a puzzle in the form of questions about infinity...

or not

depending on the conclusion you've come to about the definition of Deja Vu

by this time...

timing IS everything

of course I believe what I'm saying...

some say that belief is the accomplishment

paz

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
Deja Vu-Theories - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy