Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Deja Vu-Theories - Page 2

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ummm, monkey's will do what! WTF? Explain that one to me please DT...

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its just I don't know.. an expression I heard. It just means that if you have enough of something random (monkeys typing) and enough time (infinity) you will eventually get every possible outcome (or in my example, this includes the works of Shakespeare).
In the same way, a lot of prophets predicting random stuff for a long time will eventually predict something right.
But that doesn't mean we should take all supposed prophets seriously.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
see .... that's why i didn't wanna get into it
now count all the people that come up with stuff and count the times they have ideas, count everything else and then you'll see once in how many billion years a thing like that can happen ...... my biology professor did it out on a board - how big of a chance of getting an A on the test a student has without knowing the material. It's 0.000000000000000000000001 %
plus i'm not talking about every kindergardener "predicting" things but smart people, like ancient philosophers that actually wrote books about things that later came true
DON'T ASK ME FOR EXAMPLES don't have any
and as much as they try to make a fun thing out of phsychic reading, and just use cheesy psychology tricks, it still does exist and there ARE gifted people that see stuff in their dreams or just have visions of things that later happen.

yeah i agree, we don't really notice things we're not interested in. but you still can't say it doesn't happen

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
[  Edited by [MiA] at   ]
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Pugsl3yB0y is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've had plenty of de ja vu's, and every single time i remember what is supposed to happen.Or at least it feels like it. But no matter what choice i make whether it's close my eyes or spin around 3 times, it's always what is supposed to happen ! Now that leaves a couple of factors, fate...or just simply a problem in the brain. Until recently I didn't have an answer, but now I do. Not to long ago my head was hit very hard against the wall. When this happened everything I was seeing was taking a de ja vu form. It felt like a de ja vu...but with no memory of it this time.It's happened to me twice, having a de ja vu without memory...and both times I was hit fairly hard in the head. So the most probable solution is a defect in the brain. Am I right?

"Knowing the true knowledge of an answer is first understanding the knowledge of the question."
 37yrs • F •
actually about 75% of people have them in their childhood and teenage years , but grown ups don't really get them much
it's when you're doing something and then all of a sudden you get the feeling that this has happened before - the same exact thing.... you don't remember what's gonna happen next or anything but you just KNOW u've been to some place or already had the same exact conversation with some people before (even if you just met them) ..... it just feels like a repeat of something that never happened .

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just to add a different point of view, but first, MIA were did you get your statistics?
A few years back I was in the Miami area, I got into a freinds car to go into town. We pulled up to Krome Ave., I watched as she looked right & turn to look to the left. I followed suit focusing on the traffic coming toward us. Then a funny thing happened as I noted the long line of cars in the distance but the prevalent semi that was a good way in front seemed to become obsure from view? As she looked right again, I yelled for her to stop as the semi swept past us. She turned pale and looked at me saying 'My God I didn't see the truck, we could have been killed! She started to apologtically to explain but I told her it was alright for I knew.
quote:
To christians spirit speaks in tongues but my experience tend more toward just as we speak in sentences composed of words which form meaning, so spirit speaks in agragates of meaning which form a composite preception. A little like comunicating by naming books or movies so their content form the message.

MIA:I think you may be right I haven't had dejavu in a long while.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 37yrs • F •
i'm sorry i screwed up it was 70% ..... i did a research on it some time ago and my memory ain't perfect...
'The experience of déjà vu seems to be very common; in formal studies
(Neppe) 70% or more of the population report having experienced it at
least once.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deja+vu

72yrs • M •
MIA, no problem been there & done that may times, it doesn't improve with age. But thanks for the link.
De Javu(e) may be nothing more the your spiritual aspect pricking the conscious in order to bring awareness of its being into your mind. But it is real hard not want to make something more out of it?

37yrs • F •
i didn't say it improves with age, i said grown up don't really get them as much, or atleast they don't get the most common kind of deja vu, deja vu vecu, as much as teenagers do.
and it's not my personal opinnion, i read that and i asked a few people all of them said that they don't get deja vus anymore.

72yrs • M •
MIA, I was agreeing with (your) the De Javu, it is memory that doesn't seem to improve with age. But it is nice to know that it is not your opinion but more of a consensus of thought to which you may add mine.
quote:
De Javu(e) may be nothing more the your spiritual aspect pricking the conscious in order to bring awareness of its being into your mind

Considering pior comments with respect to a possible relation of aspects to mental variant. then would it not be safe to say the connection between the conscious and subscious aspects of the mind?

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 37yrs • F •
oh alrightie i guess i didn't get that right cturtle

i had the weirdest deja vu experience last night !
i saw something, it was a piece of jewerly that i know i've never seen before. but it didn't feel like i've already seen it, i KNEW that i already had 2 visions of it .... or maybe i've seen it in a dream a coupla times. so i'm not even sure if i have had visions of it or it's just my memory fucking up ...
i wonder if i'll ever see that thing again
maybe it meants something ?
does anyone know what i'm talking about ? or am i SPECIAL [u]

44yrs • M •
    A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
    Of course you're special MiA.

But, yes, I feel that trippy feeling aometimes, and you almost doubt the truth.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
     37yrs • F •
    yes but how do i KNOW that i've had the vision 2 times ?!!!! tha'ts just insane
    you know how in a dream sometimes you don't really see the person but you know who the person is ? the same exact feeling ... i KNOW i've seen the vision 2 times, how is that possible ? i don't know

35yrs • M •
    A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
    Hey MIA, Check out what I wrote on the 'how do we know' thread. Through it U can come to the conclusion that This all may mybe a illlusion,m and that life as we DO NOT know it maybe could not be restricted to one 'life time', or in other words the 'source' could keep on sending electrical signals to the 'brain'.

To sum all this up, i agree with the view that all this is just caused by a error in the brain, or perhaps an error in the 'configration' by God of the universe. But i'd rather stickwith the first one!

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
     396yrs • M •
    spartigol is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
    A Deja Vu theory I've been considering is that you have gone through these experiences before. Not in the phyisical world, but in the spiritual. Either in a dream or in the subconscience your spirit aranged its spiritaul matter into a certain form that prepared your physical matter for the experience.

"\\\"There is no spoon.\\\""
    Deja Vu-Theories - Page 2
      1    2    3    4    5  
    About Captain Cynic
    Common FAQ's
    Captain Cynic Guides
    Contact Us
    Terms of Use
    Privacy Policy
    General Forum Rules
    Cynic Trust Levels
    Administrative Contact Forum
    Registration
    Lost Password
    General Discussion
    Philosophy Forums
    Psychology Forums
    Health Forums
    Quote Submissions
    Promotions & Links
     Captain Cynic on Facebook
     Captain Cynic on Twitter
     Captain Cynic RSS Feed
     Daily Tasker
    Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy