We end up taking a one-way flight to a deserted island we've created for ourselves and in our minds. - WanderingNobody
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Deja Vu-Theories - Page 4

User Thread
 1961yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that otb is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no offense taken cturtle,
Sorry that particular site can get intense with the math.
i was hoping that link would give some insight for those who are unfamiliar with aether. There is an interesting story on there, with the monks...did u catch it.

Maybe your right , I may try and come up with a condensed version, or at least an introduction to the idea.

tks

37yrs • F •
1xplicit-azn is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
hey guys.. uhm i think that.. well i belive in re-incarnation and that we don't really exist. like we've had past lives and we go trough the same thing. and once we die we come back as something else.
oh and i wanna know if u guys think deja vu is related to if we are real or nott

59yrs • M •
deja-who is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
On the subject of DEJA Vu
a more probable explanation would be
when you walk into a room and start to experience deja vu
what is actualy happening is that your brain is processing out of sync, your sensory perception a split second after you have experienced the events

as such, what you have experience a split second before becomes memory attained,

what your conscience mind perceives or becomes aware of (what you see and hear feel smell etc..)
is familiar because your are out of sync with your environment
on a conscience / sub-conscience level.

so it is true you did have the experience before but it was only a split second before you became aware that you where actualy participating in the events.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hmm I always had them as pior dreamexperiences which was manifested in consciousness by the stimuli of the presence of the actual experience.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 59yrs • M •
deja-who is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
yes that is the most common believe
however if we admit were not reliving the momment from a previous life then there is only the here and now

so assuming we never experienced what we are percieving during our deja vu, then what we are experiencing is the first time so it is the mind that has tricked us by generating a feeling of familiarity in the manner explained above.

72yrs • M •
quote:
however if we admit were not reliving the momment from a previous life
Ah i see why we differ! I don't consider deja-vu a past life experience?
quote:
so assuming we never experienced what we are percieving during our deja vu
My experiences with it would be closer to precognition of a juxta in life.

40yrs • M •
ravendark is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
My thoughts.
Deja vu is unkown to us. How many books can you find about dejavu ? Fuck all right.
I have been told that deja vu is things happening as they are meant too.
I think that we can see our future before it happens. I don't think it has already happened but we get a glimpse at what is to come. Like reading a book about things that have happend, we can see or read a non phisical book of what will happen. Or at least what might happen. a vision. I mean time is not linear. Our lives do not start and then go on a straight line untill death. We can channel into our future, as I'm sure all of you have done. Weather in a dream,vision, or reality.
I also think we can self induce deja vu. If you constantly examine the reality you are in and ask yourself is this familiar ? then your can get mild forms of deja vu. It is not always a strong mind blowing experince. It just seems familiar, you know.

"lIFE IS Painful"
 72yrs • M •
Well one may induce a deja vu type experience? But my were more spontanceous & seem to be more prevailent in my youth.
I have trained myself in other areas, extending or opening other outlets. Once when I enter an sweatlodge as I sat waiting for my eyes to adjust to the darkness & preparing myself, I let my focus on the darkness. Vaguely the darkness seem to swirl as (like clouds) shades flowed into a form of a bird which seemed to fly toward me. As it drew near it seemed to turn (bank) extending a wing toward me which in effect emphasized it size like a wide angle lens would & a number of feathers extend from the wing as it was gone from sight.
A strange experience (vision) and just as baffling. The sweatlodge leader was beginning the ceremony so when it was my turn to speak, I told those present of it & asked if anyone related to it in some form. The leader, a mixed blood commanche said it related to His NA name.

56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Theoretically, I could think deja vue is a form of esp....only you dream the incident first, and it makes the experience somehow familiar to you...when you seem to 'relive' it.

I only suggest this because I have dreamed things that did become a deja vu........

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 72yrs • M •
Raven & I had many discussions like that his theory is that we all are born with these aspects to some degree. Like our body & other mind functionings, if we don't use them, we lose them.
Kind of like Evolution of species, developing the natural abilities promotes survival. He helped me to accept & adapt, extending & developing my abilities, letting me feel at ease with my inner (spiritual) self.
Consider the ancient world before the tower. Perhaps the confusings of tongues is in fact the same ability Christians call speaking in tongues?

80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My theory of deja vú has several levels to it and to me irrefutable evidence for time travel and against extra-terrestial contact.

In the Bible, Ezekial has contact with 'beings' that have been described as the first written account of extraterrestials. It has been a while so I might have the animals wrong, but bear with me. Ezekial had a visit from a shiny object from the heavens that was round (read flying saucer) that stood on four legs. So far, nothing spectacular - except the saucer. Each of the four legs was decorated with four images so they could be turned and kept track of when viewing from inside - the drawings were of a lion, bull, ram and eagle. Okay so far? What are the chances of another world having a lion as part of its creatures. A lion and a bull? A lion, a bull and a ram? A lion, a bull, a ram and an eagle? What are the odds that those images, and no 'foreign creatures', are the ones chosen to decorate the space craft? Talk about decimal points and strings of zeros! So what does that mean? It means it is us. I'll put that down again. IT MEANS IT IS US! Okay, that out of the way, let's get on with it. We didn't just visit poor old Ezekial once. It was 3 or 4 times. And not just where we found him in the first place. He was in construction and moved from job to job, country to country. GPS? Where was the satellite????? Or did the going back in time and contacting Ezekial restart things? And again, and again. Lets say we visited Ezekial 4 times. First, we get a Bible without the book of Ezekial because he died with nothing to say or report. We develop time travel and go back and voilá, Zeke has a story to tell. So Bible #2 has Ezekial and the account of one visit. Then we get up to the future, because we did it in the previous iteration that we really don't remember or give validity to, and go and find poor Zeke and voilá, Bible #3 with two contacts because Zeke scratches his head and says "Hey, deja vú!" To bring it current, we have Bible #5 with 4 contacts with Ezekial recording sketchy contacts that he remembers, but they weren't all the same or in the same place but they were... . But our Bible has one clear and lucid and detailed account of the visit and 3 vague accounts of 'lesser' contacts. Are they recited in reverse order? The last visit as the first, most detailed?
What this whole thing shows me is that we are on our (at least) 5th iteration of life. It is not the same life each time, I mean in hindsight, given the opportunity to take it back would you really have farted in church that day when the minister asked 'If anyone knows of any reason these two should not be joined in holy matrimony, let him speak now or forever keep his piece" or held it until you got outside?? And who knows what a little misplaced methane might do under the proper circumstances. Anyway, in reality only one visit is made to Ezekial. But it is one visit in each of the iterations. Deja vú? Why not? When things happen for the second/third/fourth or fifth time why wouldn't/shouldn't we have flashes of 'memory'? We will continue having these iterations until the end of the universe. And who knows, maybe in one of the previous iterations Saddam really had WMDs, in Bush's eye-vú!

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
[  Edited by squatteam at   ]
 72yrs • M •
As previous statements, I don't normally see spirit. So when something manifest itself visually I find it interesting. During our (Reaven & I) discusions, I came to theorize that the greatest difference between accounts of this nature where the vehicle of perception or conception?
So I tend to not to project a form to experiences that it manifest whatever form that it has.
But there is a draw back to this, I may well project the form of 'non form' to the experience?
Like Inktomi, some say Inktomi has no appellation > others say Inktomi's form
Is so strange that it is hard to preceive?

40yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that DitzyBlonde is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I totally believe in DEJA Vu I was just going to make a thread of that myself. I used to hang out with my ex's friend and, she was driving. We just got out of a rodeo and, all of a sudden she was turning somewhere I was telling her that, I wanted to get my hair highlighted in to a red kind of color into my blonde hair and was telling her like the girl you were talking to at the rodeo who had red hair... My ex's friend told me she thought that, was way too weird. I asked her what was weird about it? She finally told me that she had DEJA Vu of me saying that I just had DEJA Vu of you telling me that on so forth she was real creeped out. And not that this has anything to do with DEJA Vu but, my mom had twins recently and they are a boy and a girl. Then my ex's friend went and, got a present for the twins. Well she had no idea that, my mom loved care bears and, we had the whole twins room into care bares... My ex's friend thought that was really creepy because, she got us onesee's for the twins blue and pink that were care bears. Anyways I even had DEJA Vu at my old job I had a vision or DEJA Vu of me getting yelled at by my manager. But I did something else because, I saw my manager walking towards me well I did something else and, he ended up walking off. So whatever I was doin wrong he changed his mind about yelling at me because, I did something different... Creepy DEJA Vu but, in a way I think it's cool

"Don\'t judge a book by it\'s cover : 0 )"
 72yrs • M •
Perhaps part of the trouble is we have experieinces like deju vue & thoughs which are de ju vue? Times of De Ju were
( trying to shorten it to DJ?)
some what spontance & usually companied with a paranoia
about changes in the events as they transpired?
quote:
My theory of deja vú has several levels to it

40yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that DitzyBlonde is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think some things happen for a reason... And that is why we experience things that are undentified or experience things that, are magical or experience DEJA Vu that we just can't explain especially visions we have in our head and then they happen the next day or the next minute kinds of visions... So other then that I just think that things happen for a reason and, sometimes we learn from the experiences we have and learn from other things too.

"Don\'t judge a book by it\'s cover : 0 )"
Deja Vu-Theories - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy