Jargon allows us to camouflage intellectual poverty with verbal extravagance. - David Pratt
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

AFTER DEATH - Page 6

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
Vultyrex is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe that Life goes in a circular motion.

You are born here. You have died here. You are born in another existance. You die in another existance.... etc.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The physical form is like an extension of the soul. Think about waves, there are big ones and small ones. Some go on only for a couple feet, some go on for miles, but they all crash eventually. The waves are only on the surface. What is it made of? Water and most of it you can't even see, but it's there. Imagine your soul as water, when you turn into a wave (you are born) and when you crash (you die). You come from water (the soul) and you return to it.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i belive that when you die you become part of the "collective soul"...that you join that energy you can feel on a cloudless night,when you feel peace,i belive everything becomes pure and there is no pain,i also think there is no real sence of indaviduality like there is here,while we are alive,....and since i belive in the collective soul i also belive that it is constantly being added to and taken from so in a sence i also belive in reincarnation....

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Joelb i always knocked people for saying that analogy because we clearly get sucked back or turn back to humans the way waves go back to the water its part of..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 34yrs • F •
Echo is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
afterlife, God the father, Jesus Christ the son, and the holy spirit, al of it comes down to one thing, faith.
You can give "what ifs" and "well if this happens this will happen......dadaadadadada" yet, simply, if you have faith in God, you have faith in the word, they come as a package. if you have faith in the word, you will seek out the truth. yet, there is no convincing one who simply wont believe. so i find these discussions fruitless, none the less intresting, but fruitless. i believe in the afterlife, heven hell, i have proof in the worldly sence and i have faith. It would be pointless, i think, to share my proof because there is no truly convincing a made up mind....

"“I believe the humble to be wise and the proud to be arrogant, ignorant fools. I find those who sit in quite contemplation before giving an answer to be kind and proper, and those who are quick to speak, normally are the quickest to blame unjustly. I cont"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
agreed!

you are very wise echo and i believe you have made the right choice.. belief wise..

quote from you:

'I believe the humble to be wise and the proud to be arrogant, ignorant fools."

i whole heartedly agree..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 32yrs • F •
erikajudar is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have a couple of theories of what happens after you die.
1. It depends on what kind of lifestyle you were living and what kind of person you were. Not only person, but insects and animals, too. If you were a mean, hateful person, you would become something worse than what you were before. and if you were a nice loving person, you would get upgraded.
2. You become something else, doesnt matter how you acted.
3. You become a spirit (like a ghost, you can see everything and everyone but cant haunt houses )
4.Nothing.
5. You go into heavon/hell.
I personally think that either the first reason or the third reasons are more...reasonable.

""Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are to lie upon the blinding dust of the earths gravity, overlying in our hard hearts.""
 25yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that desmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok I'm not that all that smart about this stuff but I think people have to go through some sort of trial. The people who have been a bad person become spirits and mourn it the world watching their loved ones forget about them and die. After that they go to heaven or hell. The good people reincarnate to another body and find their way to thaeir loved ones. After their second life, they go to heaven or hell.

"Come on, let's be friends. (relates to pic)"
 35yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that vigil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I tend to lean toward a belief in reincarnation, more than anything else.

Maybe we live lives in order to learn all that we can and reach some kind of state of "enlightenment". And maybe once we reach that state, we sort of become one with the universe and reach some different reality that our human minds cannot understand.

And maybe if we haven't reached that state yet, we become angels for a certain time and watch over the human world and our loved ones.

Haha, I have no clue.

But reincarnation is just about the only idea I have that I feel might be partly correct.

I don't know if it's from watching too many old films or what have you, but I've had a couple of dreams, both from the same time period, around 1800s judging from the clothes I and others were wearing. In one dream I was in my early to mid 20s, walking along a bridge that connected to a jetty, and i was dressed in one of those bourgeois dresses, with a parasol. There was a very lower class, red headed family at the end of the jetty (I was a redhead too), and for some reason they were all trying to cram into this small wooden boat, it's like they were fleeing from something. A small girl fell into the water from the boat, I have no idea how old she was, but definitley 12 or under. And I don't think any of them could swim, but they were all calling her name, which sounded like "keer-ly" and sticking some wooden paddle into the water. In a matter of seconds I'd discarded my parasol and hat, and raced down the jetty, going into the water after her. I reached her and tried to pull her back up and somewhat succeeded, at least I *think* I was able to sort of push her near the surface. I have no idea if she survived. When I tried to swim back up my dress was far too heavy and since I never made it back to the top in my dream, I'm guessing I drowned.

In the next dream I was a poor girl (still a redhead) getting adopted by a rich uncle, and so was my older sister. We were both quite young and I don't think either of us were any older than 17. He would take advantage of my sister, and that's all I dreamt about.

But yeah, I just thought it was really interesting how both dreams seem to be connected somehow, in that they are from the same time period and I seem to be the same person in both of them.

I don't completely believe they're dreams of my past life, I have no idea - I'm pretty sure it could just as well be my imagination also, but how interesting it would be if that turned out to be "past life dreams"!

It's just the fact that I've never had 2 seperate dreams about being the same "character", which sets these apart from other dreams, in my mind.

25yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that desmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Huh?

"Come on, let's be friends. (relates to pic)"
 31yrs • M •
Oblivionbram is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If you want to know the answer, then you should ask yourself this: What happened BEFORE LIFE? Where were you then? Answer: nowhere. I think AFTER DEATH you will be in eternal nothingness...

I wished I could dream of some sort of Sanctuary, but then you should have been a human being in life. And here we are not human; to be human we need to have emotions. Here they are but mere reactions...

"Existence does not exist"
[  Edited by Oblivionbram at   ]
 64yrs • M •
mikek is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I agree with your theory. It just makes simple sense that what we are experiencing now is what we always have experienced. I think time itself renews with the big bang, contraction & expansion of the universe. The universe follows physical order and patterns so wouldn't it make sense that time does to. Our life is like a sliver on a long looped movie reel which repeats itself at the time when the universe is reborn. Nothing is lost in the universe, mass, energy so why could't time itself recycle. Probability would seem to indicate what we are experiencing now would be more likely to take place in the future than something we are not sure ever existed. When you are dead time has no relevance so in "your mind" the moment you die you are being conceived even though a trillion years may have past.
To think that we just so happen to be living this life of ours now only once in the billions or trillions of years in the life of our Universe seems odd, but it doesn't seem out of place when considering this theory. Again, if your dead time doesn't exist so we are always living this life in our mind...our time!

In closing I have to say it's easy for me to come up with this theory as I feel I've had a rewarding and full life. God is the higher power or force that put this into play, although my conception of God looks different than that of the church.

Make the most of your life or should I say lives! And as buzz light year said, "To infinity and beyond!"

Mike K

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Kratos is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
maybe im trying to oversimplify reincarnation but, when you die your either buried or or cremated either way your remains become one with the earth again, ever wondered why people say you are what you eat? well if your past life was buried or cremated and then became one with nature again then its not to crazy to say that your remains end up in the food we eat, the food your mother ate when you were in her womb,the food that they say makes you who you are, is it at that stage that your soul starts appearing?

"In the chills of brutal cold winter, I realised that within me lay an invincible summer"
 35yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that vigil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Interesting thought, Kratos.
I don't know...it's kind of strange to think about a human embryo just not having a soul from the very start and only developing one through environmental influences. Not that I can prove it any which way, I tend to feel that we are born with our souls, if not all of it then at least an important part of it.

Just as humans have evolved, and are evolving, with their physical traits, so too I believe we are evolving emotionally/intellectually. Perhaps the way in which we process things like emotional information (which I think is part of the soul), is tied in with evolution, and so some behaviors and capacities are a result of human evolution and our collective spiritual consciousness.

AFTER DEATH - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy