Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

AFTER DEATH - Page 5

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
theNvrending is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
when we die. our bodies are put into the ground. they turn into nutrients for the surronding organisms. that is where our bodies go. not into a new person. as for our souls(if we even have them. who knows), they cannot continue to live. in my opinion, if we have souls they must have our bodies and our minds to survive. well, if our bodies are six feet under, the "soul" must be dead as well.

but who is to say who is right or wrong. none of us are dead.

"Am I free yet?"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well I think that was the point of Jesus's resurrection, to give evidence of of the eternal after life & the existence of living souls living according to God's Will. Just a thought.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Danny123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nobody has any experience with being dead, yet almost everyone seems to know what will happen. Why?
Because underneath the threshold of our consciousness lies a fear of death so overwhelming we are unable to face it.
All these theories of life after death are the minds way of trying to escape death.
We have to face our fear of death what death really is, not run form it.

72yrs • M •
yes tobe an impeccable warrior one maust accept death to the point of embracing it.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
every matter changes form.. believe all of our properties are the same, nothing dissapears just like nothing is created, things just mix around.. but what makes you you, different parts of like your brain? etc still lives with same feeling?, we came from sperm chain, i beleive whatever we eat (which is re encarnated cycle) becomes possibilty of perm

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 72yrs • M •
so you are saying,
quote:
every matter changes form.. believe all of our properties are the same, nothing dissapears just like nothing is created, things just mix around..

Genesis vs 1.2
Earth was WithOut FORM and Void; without life and Darkness was upon the 'face of the Deep'; and GOD's SPIRIT moved upon the 'face of the Waters'
Genesis vs 1.7
And GOD made the firmament; and 'divided the waters' which were 'under the firmament' from the waters which were 'above the firmament'
quote:
we came from sperm chain,
by that you mean Man's Responsibility is caretaker of the Garden of the 'Tree of Life', the DNA which gives form to life?

40yrs • M •
who the fuck created god? your saying something ex: god came from nothing? (no mad tone intended just thinking), why is it harder to thionk that everything was just always here (yea forms change) and if god was always here its the same logic that everything was always here, if god something came from nothing, iots just as mind boggling to think that god came from nowhere or whatever the "first" force was..

72yrs • M •
I didn't say that He came first, He said He was, has always has been, & shall always will be. He said I am.
If all matter is energy at some level then the existence of life in the universe implys it has always existed in the universe?

40yrs • M •
i think that story of god was created by humans as naturally were not sure and perhaps want more as its hard to acceptr that we dont know what happens to us when we die... and if god was always here its kinda the same logic for everything to always been here without him or it, cause what gave him the power to create things? if a big part of why we beleive in god is because we wonder how all things we know of are here, then having god as an answer doesnt really answer that concpt because you can ask the same question about him, can just the same wonder how god came.. mabe theres something we just dont know

40yrs • M •
i would (currently) say its more logical that everything was always here (including our mental events being capable of having a concept of god) or perhaps thats a stage in evolution or some sort of cycle thats going on.. its kind of the most intresting thing that all humans arernt 100% sure where everything came from, but we get by by not thinking of that too mych and just everyday life personal issues etc... ,, mabey theres no time things just move around so why a god? or i dont know have to think of theory...

40yrs • M •
well if we die and thats it, just think of the worst times in your life and say at least wont experience that so it balances out with worrying about loosing the good times, just think you were once not born and were used to that whatever you if you were a you were.. its just cause we got used to life why we fear and care about leaving, we get attached to things (people, places) like the people you currently know, it would be scary if you suddenly went away from all them and put around other peopele... but you naturaly adapt and get used to those people and the trend of whatever way there used to, were all similar anyways... anyways so when you die im sure "you" if your stil "you" get used to that.. hagsha

72yrs • M •
Yes, if god is nothing but our desire to give explantation for our existence. the aspect of the bible which causes belief is the supernatural nature of the events it described, which some say are prophesies. But then the pattern could be seen as just the ascribing events to such prophecies.
{prophecy => the fore telling or prediction of future events}
{prophesy => to make predictions esp. by devine inspiration}
Wasn't sure if I spelled it right so I looked it up.
Then there are those who ascribe their belief upon subjective experiences they have had and are seeking to form an understanding based upon studies of others which they find creditable sources.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
An interesting conversation that's been on my mind for days. Two men were talking. One was religious and believed in the Herafter (judgment leading to Heaven or Hell), the other was not religious and did not believe in the Hereafter. They had this conversation:

Not Religious: So who's going to save you from this mess?
Religious: It doesn't matter. What matters is who is going to save me [from going to Hell] in the Herafter.
Not Religious: What makes you think there is a Herafter?
Religious: Everyone knows there is a Herafter. Some just try to ignore it and indulge in this world.
Not Religious: And they do what's right. What if there is no Hereafter? Everything you've done would be pointless.
Religious: If there isn't a Herafter, what do I have to lose? But if there is a Herafter, what do you have to lose?

Anyone who wants to comment....

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"If there isn't a Herafter, what do I have to lose? But if there is a Herafter, what do you have to lose? "

This is assumptive that his particular religious after life requirements or demands are true over all others. By this logic he must be wary of all religious after life rules to be safe. Including Satanism and any other belief system.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 72yrs • M •
quote:
NR: So who's going to save you from this mess? Life evolved on this planet & man is the highest form of life.
CR: It doesn't matter. What matters is the Herafter.
NR: What makes you think there is a Herafter?
CR: Everyone knows there is a Evolution.
Some just try to ignore it and indulge in the world.
NR: And they do what's right. Life evolved here then into the hereafter therefore man is GOD.
What if there is no Hereafter? Everything you've done would be pointless.
CR: Which came first the chicken or the egg? Does
man evolve into GOD> Godlike being or is GOD the essence of life which all life < inclusive of higher forms of being which evolve?
If there isn't a Herafter, what do I have to lose?
But if there is a Herafter, what do you have to lose?

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
AFTER DEATH - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy