Why do you try so damn hard to fit in when you were born to stand out? - brann22
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

About the war...... - Page 4

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Cturtle_ hoo-fucking-ray!

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tanker is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
cturtle clear something up for me. Are you responding from someone elses account? 33yrs ago was 1970. You would have just been born in the middle of the conflict you speek. I am sorry about your brother in arms! I have friends who fought in vietnam as well, and they all have horrible stories to tell. I don't think you should have had to go through that. The gulf of tonkin was a hoax to get us into the war, but I have the utmost respect for those who fought and died even though their country foresook them to an early death or disease or injury. That is the measure of a human and a soldier. And if no one else goes out to battle to protect and die for his brothers in arms, then their are going to be some death laden battlefields here in the US before too long. It sucks, but that's the way it is. The Vietnam vets I know hold on to the good memories of their brothers and stay true to them by how they interact with their govt. So.. I completely understand why you reacted in such a way. Again I am sorry to hear of your brother and I send my thoughts and prayers your way.

Jetplane is absolutely correct about the corruption of elected officials through out history. JFK's election, assassination cover up by Johnson, etc. History is filled with scandal that is still debated to this day. But as for mr. decius, again I say that the Constitution of the United
States lays down the foundation of the electoral college as the only deciding factor that elects the president. Read the damn document and shut up about the popular vote! And how about the democrats canvassing spanish speaking neighborhoods, offering free lunch, and voter registration to recently nationalized citizens of hispanic descent/origin in return for a vote for the democratic candidates on the ballot? How about the names Liebermann and Libertarian being right next to one another on the ballot? It wouldn't confuse some one who spoke english all his/her life, but it did these recently nationalized, non english speaking citizens. Answer...the democrats tried to pull one over on the Republicans just as the Republicans have been accused of election fraud.

And I am still wondering about Mr. Decius's whereabouts on this continent. Does he live in Canada where his info states? Or does he now reside in the United States as a voting member of the population? No answer thus far, and no defense of Canada when it comes to their lack of participation in anything but criticism of other countries, and a lack of back bone in foreign policy. That is, whether they are for or against military force in the Middle East. They make one statement, then recede into the woodwork. Occasionally reappearing to make another statement, then slapping their heads back into the sand like the scared little colony of England that they are...maybe you just aren't willing to dignify my questions with a comment or answer.

I would like to say that when you folks get together to speek on this forum and some one comes in to disagree with you there seems to be the same amount of animosity towards the arguing opponent as the arguing opponent shows you. For folks who say they are more democratic, patriotic, and enlightened then your counterparts, you surely do not act it. This is merely an observation on my part, because lord knows I love a good malicious argument of name calling and eye gouging. Anyone with opposing opinions is dismissed as a republican asshole or some other adjective, but anyone who agrees with you is an opinionated person who has the right to be heard and not critiqued in the same manner as you critiique opponents. I guess that's the nature of this sort of argument. Maybe we can agree to disagree then go on arguing for the hell of it. That's my time...Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow!

"Wars are not won by dying for your country, they a"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Not to debate anything really, but to throw out a very good point of view.

My history teacher once told me about the Catholic church. He said that back in the times of the crusades, turning into the age of enlightenment and so on that it always stayed a corrupt group of people that wanted no more then to take money from people and say it was for the goodness of the church. He told me about how they became strong enough to govern most of Europe and that would lead to them ordering the Inquisition and the Crusades and all other fun christian things they did to keep the party going. The point to all this was to tell me that they basically had control over everyone.

Then came along the uprising of people to stop the church. The change in religion bringing along other branches of the religion. He said that the Church was in fear of losing it's power so what they did was slowly give the people what they wanted. Little treats that pleased them for the time being but nothing that would hurt the church.

He then linked this to our government and specifically voting. He said that we were like the people and the government was the church. We wanted something from our government so they gave us the ability to vote, or so we thought. They let us vote, but us voting wouldn't do anything. It was the electorials that elected, not the popular vote. He said that this was just something to please us and make us feel better.

Now maybe this concept works for more then just voting. But we first have to understand why would our government not let us decide for ourselves. Do they think we are too stupid?
I mean throughout history our government has tried to please us with insignificant facts and ideas that would be like a baby bottle to a baby. It would quiet them for a while giving the government the time to do it's own work.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 35yrs • M •
I just found this and it really makes me wonder.

http://www.ericblumrich.com/liberation.html

It kinda shines a new light on the subject.

39yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that JetPlane is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Vietnam-related info: Has anyone seen /The Quiet American/? Michael Caine and Brendan Frasier star in it as a British journalist in love with a Vietnamese beauty and a "quiet American" who shows a different side of American involvement in Vietnam before the war.

Based on a true story, the movie was blocked showing for over a year and a half in the US, able to only gain entry into British theaters.

I saw it on a limited showing here in Memphis and it is an absolutely beautiful film.

If you haven't seen it, I recommend seeing it. It's just one other drop in the bucket of how America touts that it's better than other countries, but shows that it has used the same war tactics we have bashed other countries for using.

"\"Like maple syrup, Canada\' evil oozes.\"-<i>Canadian Bacon</i>"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I usually don't try to justify myself, which means I seldom feel the need to explain my actions but my tour in Nam was cut short. If asked I will tell others that I was down south. i was selected to remain in country during the pull out so I was in the last to leave from the beautiful city of DaNang . . . just a few clicks south of what was called the DMZ. Nough said.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 54yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that walts is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
First off,
I want to thank all thoughs of you that support our great country and veterans like my self for putting there lives on the line for this country.

I am not going to get involved in this topic because I have had SEVERAL arguments on this subject and I am tired of talking to stupid people that for what ever reason they want to think, we went to war (this one and all others) for no reason.

I also want to add that the veterans that dont support our country or this war, well all I can say is I am ashamed of you. You joined the military knowing what might and could happen (war) so why did you join??

Some have said I am not a veteran for serving in Desert Strom. To that I say, at least I went to war for this country instead of staying at home and bitching about it!!

Thank you to all my fellow vets and others who support/supported our efferts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Desert Storm Veteran
1st Cavarly Division
GOD BLESS AMERICA

"Have you thanked a Vet for your freedom lately?"
 35yrs • M •
*stand* *applaud*

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that shadowcult is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think I am alone in my opinion but I could be wrong.

I don't like this country or this government, but I know that it is the best government on earth and the most promising country you could live in.

I just don't like the idea of a government controlling ever facet of our life's, I know they don't, this is the freest country, but there are more and more corrupt laws being passed every year.

I value life more than anything else. I hate the fact that we have to go to another country, kill thousands, and loose hundreds of our own in the process.

I know our government has the ability to reduce the tragedy of it all.

I don't support the government for what they have done, but I do support all of the soldiers in this war. They believe in what they are doing and I find that honorable.
Also the fact that they take so much care about the fact makes me feel event better.

To all the soldiers that don't want to fight 'I understand why, but its to late you agreed. You are noble for a good opinion but you should not have stated it, just done your duty. Its your fault your there.'
To the vets I say 'I'm glad your alive and I'm happy your home.'
To the men and women still out there 'good luck gods speed and come home in one piece.'

"Emotions are for the weak minded, so cry me a river build a bridge and get over it."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Walts,
you are to be applauded, Dug is right, there is no denying that here, there has not been anyone suggesting that you don't deserve that recognition on this thread, I am however entitled to MY oppinion as you are yours, right?
So call me stupid for believing in what I believe in, I will NOT reciprocate the insult, I rufuse, thanks.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that dingleberry6 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Walts tends to flaunt his veteran status whenever he can in order to make it seem like he is somehow entitled to be illogical and pointless in everything he says.

You aren't man. You're moronic. You make no sense. Every thread you've entered in is moronic because of you. You start your post by saying you're not going to get involved yet you continue by getting involved.

you're confused.

Fighting for what you believe in is only pious if wha tyou ebelieve in is correct.

A jackass like you would say all the idiotic things you say, yet you wouldn't support a nazi soldier, would you? Well, they did what they believed! they followed orders! And they were hung for that. You okay with that? THEy were hung by AMERICANS.

You don't SUPPORT soldiers, you support AMERICAN soldiers. By killing IRAQI soldiers you are killing your fellow BROTHERS IN ARMS because they are also fighting for what THEY believe in.

SO, you are supporting pious soldiers who die for what they believe in, yet you kill soldiers exactly like yourself from opposiing countries. Sounds confused.

be quiet and sit in the corner little man. the adults are speaking.

"Avoid the mantlepiece when you're poking the fire"
About the war...... - Page 4
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy