Guys are like stars, there are a million of them out there and only one will make your wish come true. - ashleydepp737
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why are guys so shy to be nude in front of other guys. Clearly it all cant be about the size.

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
Wayne Canary is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Why are guys so shy to be nude in front of other guys. Clearly it all cant be about the size.
Guys who are shy to be nude in front of other guys,or show they have an erection. Makes one think!
Keywords: Guys, nude, penis, size, erection.

[  Edited by Dawn at   ]
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that andrula is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don’t think all males are shy to be naked in front of other male. I personally know a few mates, who generally don’t care. I think it depends on the individual and secure they are in their own body. I am a female, and 4 months ago was shy to be naked in front of other girls. As I have lost a substantial amount of weight, and toned up a bit I couldn’t care less now. My confidence has risen and I am happy to be naked in front of other girls.

25yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that ravenclaw is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think part of it might be the cultural objection to being gay, part of it might be lack of self-confidence in general, and a significant part of it is definitely about the size.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that andrula is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ravenclaw
1) Size? Is it because it has been brainwashed to society that if a guy does not have a big penis he is not good in bed? Size is not everything, a lot of women wouldn't give a rats arse if it is 1 inch or 10 inch, it's more about the emotion and foreplay?
2) Gay? You would think in today's society, that this would not even been considered as a factor why men can not get naked in front of each other. Laws are being changed for same sex marriage, celebrations are created for the gays and the society is changing to the views of gays - so this should be starting to eliminate the fears and cultural behaviour, or you would hope so!

25yrs • F •
I'm writing based on the opinions of guys I know. I would, of course, hope so that guys did not really make such a big deal of this stuff, but they do.
Women certainly may not give a rat's arse about size, but guys will still think they do.
As for the gay thing, well, 2 guys I know agreed that if one of them was choking to death, the other guy would punch him in the stomach. Why? Because the Heimlich maneuver looks gay, and they agreed that they'd both rather die than look gay. Showing off your boner in front of other guys would probably also be categorized as looking gay. It's not exactly homophobia, because they don't actually not like gay people, it's like this weird cultural thing that's kind of a cultural leftover from homophobia. Will people get over this someday? I really hope so, because it's pretty stupid.

25yrs • F •
Edit: I did not mean cultural objection to being gay. I meant cultural objection to looking gay, which still doesn't sound like what I really mean, but just read what I wrote above because I'm not really good at explaining this.

46yrs • M •
Wayne Canary is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
[b] Thank you for all the great responses regarding this topic. I would like to add that in my opinion, nudity is a everyday experience. We dress and undress every day. Some however dont spend time being nude with themselves and thus leads to a immaturity when surrounded by other nude people. Like myself,being nude around other guys,is just another experience. I am comfortable in my skin and could not care less how the next guy looks, thinks or scope his penis size. We all have the same tool, the package just differs. So for the rest of the guys who duck and dive when nude-grow up please.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BHU is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Homophobia probably.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy