Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What Economic Governmental Sytem Works Best and How? - Page 2

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that pickup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thx thank you for sharing that example, I worked in a doctors office for a long time almost three years

I got along with the Doctors and we were all chummy, but I had wrote a research paper on the healthcare system and finally worked up the urge to talk with him about it

I asked him "so the point of health insurance is to make sure all the healthy people are covered and that the sick people are pushed out and so they don't have to pay claims and raise the price"

He thought for a moment and then said YES

that was the end of the conversation

weeks later he came up to me, I had the pipe dream of being a psychologist at the time, and said a joke to me

You know you should go into geriatric care that way if they die you won't have to worry" Implying they would kill themselves, knowing he was trying to get a rise out of me because he knew of my own dark past and history with suicide

I laughed sarcastically in his face and said haha good one, but I did it sooo sarcastically it was sincere and he couldn't fire me.

He was a fascist who runs his private practice as a business, his partner hates him and doesn't associate with him in any manner outside of work, this other guy is a family man and a democrat, he lives a more full life

the owner has wasted his life away working and hadn't started really lining until he was 40 and because of it had become bitter at the world but he is happy as he is, also a catholic and a massive hippocrat that's a pun

I quit the job because I worked in billing and would have to call and tell customers after calling insurance companies for prior authorizations on procedures that were clearly within the scope of their insurance

but the insurance refused to pay and I would have to explain to these people YOU KNOW OWE US 3000 PLUS DOLLARS FOR THE LAST YEAR OF PT SERVICES BECAUSE OUR DICK HEAD OF A PHYSICAL THERAPIST ( who wasn't the owner of the practice) [i] TOLD YOU TO JUST GO AHEAD AND START TREAMENT AND NOT WORRY ABOUT TRIVIAL THINGS

when brought to his attention that they either couldn't afford to pay or refused to pay because it was HIS FUCKING FAULT

HE WOULD SEND IT TO COLLECTIONS AND SUE THEM FOR THE MONEY

That's what happens when profit is god it infects the whole system, Corporations are buying peoples life insurance policies now and are literally PROFITING FROM DEATH

That's my own experience and you know what I coulda joined the military etc. etc. and I may not have much now BUT AT LEAST I CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT

What is your experience with life or society that makes you not give a fuck

"I like carl sagans spin on that, we are all made of the same stuff therefore we are all one and should love one another as an extension of ourselfs"
 70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Pickup, I understand what you are saying, but please cut down on the caffeine level, or no one is going to listen to you. Please?

34yrs • M •
It's not caffeine its raw energy

"I like carl sagans spin on that, we are all made of the same stuff therefore we are all one and should love one another as an extension of ourselfs"
 70yrs • M •
Pickup, here is a suggestion, just merely a suggestion.

First, use a word processor to write the comment down. It's easier to focus and edit your thoughts there. It also tends to cut down on the 'real-time' emotional outbursts. You can simply cut and paste when you are done.

Secondly, remember that you are trying to make a point, or on a really good day, maybe cause someone to examine their own. Before posting, ask yourself is this helping me do that? Or am I just escalating the differences? Most people will shut you out on the first profanity or perceived insult.

There is a reason that debate is offered as a course offered at the better universities. It is a civilized sport, one requiring insight, thought and skill. It is good that you are passionate about your beliefs, but passion does not 'win' a debate. Logic and tempered thought does.

In any disagreement that I have ever seen, or been part, I have noticed that the first one to raise their voice 'loses'.

70yrs • M •
Now, let's see if we can get back on topic. I do think that this thread has purpose. And one not divorced from our every day lives; nor one so abstract that it becomes academic.

34yrs • M •
I agree, I just get so annoyed sometimes when people join a thread with a snarky comment that is bullyish and then don't explain there point of view. I push back which I probably shouldn't so much and take a page out and turn the other cheek.

The only way I can see this thread continuing is for an infusion of other alternate solutions to the problem.

LittleJohn I apologize but you remind me of people who used to bully me and the last two days I have been in a state of near rage I am terribly sorry for being such an ass towards you

I would like to here your opinion and I will answer it without satire or personal attack again I am very sorry

32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that dazedNconfused1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There are two things I notice in this discussion, first one is how everyone seems to think that humans are naturally conniving and out to get everyone else. The other is that no one seems to address "the value of a dollar", so to speak, or the lack of.

Next time someone states,"money doesn't grow on trees", think about it... It does. I find it amazing how many people still seem to believe money is backed by gold and it simply is not. Even if it was I ask you, what good is a piece of gold ,or any precious metal, to the benefit of an individual? And i dont mean in this broken society, I want you to imagine you are the last person on earth, how is that piece of gold going to help you at all? The only thing that gives these otherwise simple and fairly ordinary objects value is imagination and a bit of ignorance.

Also people only conspire against each other because there is an incentive and people naturally choose to follow the path of least resistance, so if you look at the way things are now it is easier to go to the local grocery store, market, etc. and trade invaluable pieces of paper in return of something that is actually going to benefit your person, over actually going out and farming, hunting, etc. this is true not only because it is physically easier to use currency(for some) but because our society seems to intentionally hinder our ability to look out for our selves and force us to rely on the ones with the money. That being said people have become so complacent, that like a drug addict, if one was to remove the "drug", in this case currency, most people would not be able to function and most likely perish. Which is why the idea that the world's elites are attempting to cut down the human race to a manageable level does not seem that far fetched, although their intentions may not be necessarily for the betterment of our race. But that is where the theorizing begins and I don't like to guess.

In conclusion to answer your question, since our society has not been able to find a balance, and since I refuse to just jump to conclusions, I doubt there is an economic governmental system that "works" or atleast not in favor of everyone. Not now atleast.

[  Edited by dazedNconfused1 at   ]
 70yrs • M •
dazedNconfused, I do not think it is a case of conspiring. I think as people act in their own self interest, and corporations seek to benefit the shareholder, inequitable and often damaging results occur. These are not planned, but arise out a defect in the system.

34yrs • M •
Dazed and Confused good point, people do conspire against each other but I do not believe there is a master plan its sort of like a multi headed beast with different factions each get a head and duke it out for supremacy.

The problem with society and uniting and getting along is that all people seem to be doing is trying to pick apart someone else's solution without offering anything of there own

I based my model on Keynsian economics, some people say it was the war that really pulled us out of the depression, but who spent the money on the war? If we took that Idea and spent the money on education and programs that were investments in our nations economy in a way were the motive in society is to move up instead of only working for profits,

corporations are not people, having a nanny state government with a corporate oligarchy that operates like a vulgar elitist Marxist utopia waging class war on the rest of everyone else

I think we need to through out some hypotheticals because no one is trying to think of solutions,

Look at this thread, one of the most important issues in the discussion to save our species and only four people have commented only two offering any sort of constructive examples on moving forward, this is a major problem and I am [b][u]greatly interested in anyones ideas on how we could do anything to change this trend.

What Economic Governmental Sytem Works Best and How? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy