Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What do you say?

User Thread
 70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What do you say?
Here is the scenario:

You, and many others are in a concentration camp. Not in any way belittle the horrific nature of such camps as Auschwitz; but this camp is worse. Your captors take pleasure in torturing each and everyone of you before killing. You (all) are weak, underfed, slowly dying and have no possibility of escape. There is no doubt that all will die horrifying deaths.

Because you personally have shown sound, compassionate actions and advice, everyone trusts you. They come to you because Johnathan is threatening suicide. They want you to talk him out of it.

What do you say?
Keywords: Suicide

62yrs • M •
purple burtle is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Ethics of euthanasia? My personal opinion is that we should have the right to choose to die without suffering.

""I didn't get where I am today by thinking." - C.J."
 26yrs • F •
chambre is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Personally, i would tell them that it is much better to let Johnathan commit suicide and to get out while he can. In the end it would be his decision right? It would be helping him, he doesn't want to live like that.
Plus, wouldn't almost everyone want to be dead in that situation anyways? And knowing history, i would imagine if Johnathan killed himself the others plus myself would be punished also. Not to contradict myself.

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Are we talking martyrdom? As in forced into slavery because of his faith?
Suicide is bound to be against his belief system (as not many are pro choice).

Then he may as well denounce his religion.

Logically speaking suicide would be pointless unless you mean suicide mission ie escape or attempt to kill the guards.
Then the seems like the best option as what have you got to loose in this situation.

Fight or flight scenario springs to mind.

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
What do you say?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy