Because who you are being isn't who you are, it is the person you are being that is keeping you from being yourself. - Ironwood
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dawn's Eye Doodles

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
Dawn's Eye Doodles
Recenetly whlst I was at my desk thinking through things I started doodling an eye without focusing on it, as though it was an somewhat of an unaware action. When I realised what I was doing I remembered of how I used to doodle eyes back in highschool during classes - it wasn't like I would only draw eyes, I would make lines, spirals, patterns and imbedded in between would be an eye here and there.

I don't view these drawings as art - they are not detailed, refined, they are not coherent - they were not made to be art. It's like sounds and music - music is made out of sounds but a sound alone does not mean it is music. I don't know any other term to accurately describe these as other than 'doodles'.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 42yrs • F •

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 42yrs • F •

42yrs • F •

42yrs • F •

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Inata is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why did you doodle eyes? I know I used to doodle them in between and usually also always eyes in some way connected to each other with lines circles and so on.
I don't know why it was always getting down to doodling eyes so it'd be really interesting to hear your motviation.

"“The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.” – Bill Copeland"
 42yrs • F •
quote:
Why did you doodle eyes?

I don't really know.

I think when I was younger I really connected to the whole 'eyes are the windows to the soul' idea. So perhaps subconsciously drawing eyes has something to do with that - like what I'm drawing is a representation of the idea of a soul seeing as the soul has no universal visual symbol attached to it.

Another idea is that perhaps it's a human connection thing - when we interact with people in person, the eyes are what we hold focus to. Could doodling eyes be a subconsciousness desire for interaction with other people? Maybe - and when you look at the fact that my doodles, for example, occurred during class time or when I'm by myself or whilst on hold on the phone, these are activities where I'm not interacting intimately with anyone, so it seems plausible that the doodles occurred during moments when interacting with someone might have felt more stimulating than the task at hand. Or maybe it's not even to do with interacting with a person - if I somehow attach eyes to the soul, and I doodle them during boring activities, it could easily be a reflection of my desire to be doing something soulful/passionate instead of something boring.

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Curious.
I'm an ab id drawer and i often just draw eyes.
I could sit drawing a singel eye for hour constantly addind more and more detail

I have no idea why i do this either.

But i suppose eyes have far more mystery behind them than say a nose or ear.

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
Dawn's Eye Doodles
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy