ducunt volentem fata, nolentem trahunt - The Fates lead him who will. Him who won't, they drag. - Seneca
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Songs That Make You Cry

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
Songs That Make You Cry
Brian Eno - An Ending (Ascent)

For some reason, whenever I hear this song, it pulls at something in me; it connects to some deep emotion in me that ends up drawing a tear.
This video appears to have been removed

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that andrula is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The only song that gets me crying every single time is 'Daddy's Angel' by Anthony Carter. The story behind it is, I was planning to get married last year and my father got extremely ill. This was supposed to be our song, though the wedding got cancelled as my father got worse and worse, so every time I hear this song I think about the pain, struggle and loss I felt the past year

24yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that ravenclaw is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There was this one composer or orchestra conductor or something (forgot his name) that made music that somehow struck people so strongly that they started rioting. At classical music. I have no idea what he could have done. Does anyone know who I'm talking about?
But anyway it's interesting when a piece of music that doesn't actually have words can create such a strong emotional reaction. I wonder if it could be done with art? Would it be possible to make a piece of art that doesn't actually depict anything to do with people but can immediately create an emotional reaction?

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BHU is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This video appears to have been removed

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoeCrow is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Andrula, that's really sad. I tend to associate certain songs with certain situations rather than feel emotions triggered by the songs themslves.

Songs That Make You Cry
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy