Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you (nirvana) - [MiA]
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Nokia Lumia 920: The Most Advanced Smartphone On The Market

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
Once available, the Nokia Lumia 920 is going to be the most advanced smartphone there currently is. Why anyone would purchase the new iPhone 5 comes down to loyalty to Apple over choosing the better product.

The Lumia 920 has a bunch of features that no other smartphone has, it definitely sets a new benchmark with portable phone technology.

Some Lumia's innovative features:
- The PureMotion HD+ screen: this screen has a 60Hz refresh rate, which means that it's the fastest display screen available and 'blur free'. It is also the most sensitive touchscreen on the market, and apparently you can use it while wearing gloves.
- Awesome camera: Lumia's camera apertaure is F/2.0. This means it captures more light and has more 'bokeh' for more of that aethestic blur quality. The camera also has ground breaking optical stabilization - means your video recording will be much more stable.
- Insane resolution for a phone camera - 1920 x 1080 pixels - and 332 pixels per inch.
- wireless charging

All of the above mentioned features surpass the specs of the iPhone5. And I haven't even taken into account the OS. It'll be cool to see all the reviews once the Lumia becomes available.

Keywords: nokia, lumia 920, smartphone,

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
[  Edited by Dawn at   ]
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Everett is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nokia Lumia 920 vs Apple iPhone 4S Stability Test.

The guy who did this vid is right handed and held the iPhone in that hand, Lumia in left hand - so Lumia was at a disadvantage there but look at the quality.
This video appears to have been removed

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm wondering why they're describing the refresh rate as "60Hz". The standard measurement has always been fps and hertz reserved for AC cycles... but I guess it's counting the number of passes through the main display function (per second)? So 60Hz would still equal 60 fps - which is pretty nice.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 36yrs • M
Honestly Decius, I think it's not so much spin as much as a subtler expression of universal laws. It's like a game of king of the hill, anyone trying to replace the guy at the top has to fight an uphill battle. Or you can look at it like momentum. Apple is still riding some of that powerful swing generated by Jobs' vision. Although competitors are generating much more energy now than apple currently is, apple still has remnants from that swing that is probably doing most of the work in maintaining their current velocity.

36yrs • M
Yah it might be illogical. The extreme examples are those people in the Kimmel video. I'm not sure how much research has been done on the psychology of a fanboy but I'd be willing to guess it has to do with a fear of change (and consequently clinging to the past) on some fundamental level.

34yrs • F
nexlar is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The original Lumia 900 had a lot going for it, especially in the design and the screen departments. In the Lumia 920, Nokia appears to have shored up its weaknesses that consumers care about: the soft camera, the lack of dual-core processor, the less-than-HD screen. In addition, Nokia strives to offer something new, more than just catching up to the status quo. That's where wireless charging and the floating lens camera technology come in.

42yrs • F •
That's a great ad - I like it.

I hope Nokia blows Apple out of the water. I want a Lumia myself (if I can afford it) - just don't know which color I would go for though I am thinking red or grey.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 42yrs • F •
The moment I found out about Nokia deciding to be exclusive to AT&T was the moment I decided that I was no longer interested in buying a Lumia 920. Very disappointed.

And it's come out that the Lumia 920 is to be exclusively sold through Rogers for Canada.

I personally don't want to discuss anything more about this company. Their stupidity/unintelligence hurts.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy