Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Rescued Cats

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
Rescued Cats
I'll admit, I have a special place in my heart for cats, probably because of the cats that I have bonded with in my life, and because I don't fully understand why these creatures garner such affection from us humans. I had to create this thread, not because I am a cat enthusiast nor because I am trying to promote the rescue of animals. Creating this because a few weeks ago I came images and a story of a kitten that a person rescued, and today I came across another one that made me cry. See how you feel.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 42yrs • F •
Story of a cactus kitty:
This baby kitten was born in a patch of cactus, mother was probably homeless. The siblings died, He was three weeks old when he was rescued, taken to the vet expecting he would die.

"His eyes and nose were completely swollen and crusted shut, and he still had hundreds of cactus needles all over his body (even in his tongue/gums!). The Vet removed what they could, but they were tiny needles that blended in with his fur. I spent hours every morning picking more out of him. He sat patiently for it all, and even started purring."

"When Jack started opening his eyes, we were pretty sure he'd be completely blind. He was also very weak and malnourished. The veterinarians who saw him all said "You might lose him at any moment."

"Jack is basically a normal kitten now. Aside from being skinnier than other kittens and having a bit of visible eye damage in his left eye, you could never tell he spent the first 3 weeks of his life being tortured by cacti."

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
[  Edited by Dawn at   ]
 42yrs • F •
I am too nerve racked. I've stopped the video, can't watch it yet.

42yrs • F •
That video is very disturbing. I still have not watched all of it.

This is the other cat that I mentioned in my first post. Before and after pictures.

49yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BSR is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I admit, I'm not a house cat person, by any means. We do have cats, for their mouse hunting abilities. Of course, we've lost many cats due to injuries ie: hit by cars, tractors, kicked by horses.

I do not support any form of animal cruelity, but I'm not afriad to deal with these situations as they come. Watching any animal suffer is not fun, regardless of what you think of them.

27yrs • M •
Color Troll is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have this four stray cats that is near my house that I feed weekly for quite a while now. And, as they trust humans very much now, they would flip over for us to pet them. One of the cats did that, and it got stomped in the belly by some sick person and suffered internal bleeding for days before passing away.
I'm glad that cat is being rescued, and hope there's more who'll be rescued as well in the future.

Rescued Cats
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy