Playing the drums is like making love, playing fast will make those who have never done it amazed, but pointless to those who have. - UnderDawg
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

ALL the world's problems in one single word:

User Thread
 49yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ill_llI is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Scarcity.

"The birds have their nests in the trees and the foxes have their holes in the ground, but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest His head."
 73yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Decapolis is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you spell it ScareCity it could be the title of a new horror film.

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like that "Scare City", it's got a nice ring to it.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 36yrs • M
Here's why I don't think scarcity is the source of all our problems.

Let me lay down an axiom:

1. The universe encompasses everything.

Scarcity is a facet of everything. The inhabitants of the universe (everything) would actually be more limited without scarcity in terms of diversity of experience.

If you take away scarcity you also take away excess. Scarcity is absolutely essential to so many things... possibly everything. For instance, we would have no differentiation in the universe without scarcity. How could we perceive things if we were all jumbled up into a singularity (assuming we weren't infinitely crushed)? The scarcity of matter in some parts, giving us space, is a wonderful thing.

I think the true source of all the world's problems is ignorance, for if we understood why everything is the way it is, we would see that it is exactly as we would want it to be.

60yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that absolutely is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i should look for tht word definition but from what i guess here, u mean ultimately the lack of superior bounds

when u kill superiority then everything is the same inferiority the quatity of it make it worse even if it means to end it free

originally the reference to what could or exist is absolute value superiority, knowing how from nothing it must b perfect to stay but also somehow hearing that everywhere knows that truth is objective perfection which exist in abstract terms as the reason of anything and any space

anything is in absolute terms so superiority is never anyone while always from one perspective of what is absolutely superior to it

it is very crucial to keep that sense of superiority existing that is why knowledge is problems source not ignorance

ignorance is a relative thing which is then nothing to anything but also the lack of value which certify that it cant b free source so never existing

73yrs • M
Greed and lust are the words that come to my mind when I consider the worlds problems. Particularly the lust for power.

60yrs • F
i should look for lust definition too but from my guess no it is not that, power and then absolute power has no relation with lust

u seem to not believe that u exist so ur conscious sense of urself seem to b nothing to u
that is why u seem too to mean opportunism will being the exclusive sense out of existence which explain why u justify problems causes as being greed or lust so extreme positive wills

i dont mean to sound personnal unfortunately it seems that one is an absolute evil thing that is why anything u say is wrong

73yrs • M
Evil is a human concept. It implies that a person is possessed by a demon, for what other reason could there be when someone commits murder.
I have no doubt that I exist. As Rene Descartes put it "I think therefore I am" is good enough proof for me.
I would say there is no absolute right or wrong. In order to judge morality all circumstances have to be considered in each situation without any precedence.

60yrs • F
on the contrary, all the world criminal law is based on the concept of others rights abuse so on self reduction and sometimes exclusion of subjects rights, exactly as u proved it by claiming that all problems are from greed, without mentionning anything about evil

evil is a concept introduced by religions only about reasons of everything that no one can know by living through things
about existence dimensions that we can never guess within ourselves, built on absolute powers on objective grounds as a constant way of being existing free

what demon, a human possessed is nothing to fear as a free mind he is killed so do not exist on his ground and as a demon possession he is nothing but dirt that do not exist either

42yrs • F •
inefficiency

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 36yrs • M
Yah inefficiency is a good one. That's definitely close to the root. Isn't that still a product of ignorance though?

42yrs • F •
If you're ignorant, then yeah, you will cause inefficiency but does ignorance encapsulate more of the world's problems within that word than inefficiency?

And you could have a precursor to ignorance - repression could cause a person to be ignorant so then you could say that repression sums up all of the world's problems in one word.

Hmm... yeah, perhaps repression is better if you're looking for the ultimate root. But I like inefficiency because it's a wide umbrella under which you could categorize all of these ideas.

It's inefficient to be ignorant; repression is inefficient; lack of knowledge is inefficient; it's inefficient to be greedy; it's inefficient not to use solar power.... so forth.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 60yrs • F
inefficience has nothing to do with any truth so never problems truth
what is inefficient cant be existing nor related to what exist, u keep meaning to think for urselves as u r wrong

this concept that u want to introduce is obviously meaning the best u can do for what u know being for opportunism principally and ultimately it is all of u to u

73yrs • M
Absolutely

I say this without malice from one human to another.

I think you are missing the point of this thread. I think the author is only looking for peoples opinions on what one word describes best the problems of the world today. I don't think he was attempting to start a discussion on universal truth or who is right or wrong.

36yrs • M
I think it's good to explain inefficiency if only because it is misunderstood as a source of many problems. It's a very beneficial concept to understand and is more far-reaching than most would assume.

Repression on the other hand wouldn't work as the cause for ignorance. Repression at some point was a conscious decision made by the repressor and only afterward became subconscious through repetitive affirmation of the decision.. So even repression would be caused by ignorance.

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy