Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Some of my artwork

User Thread
 30yrs • F •
sarafilipa is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Some of my artwork
Hello guys,

I'm new at this forum, so I'd like to share some of my artwork with you, and as if possible hear some feedback from you.
If you want to see more please contact me

Hope you like it

30yrs • F •
sarafilipa is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Good question. I study arts, but I've never learnt the human figure techniques, I guess I just know it by myself by looking at people's faces and that.
I think it is the practice that makes perfection, and I draw since I remember walking.

By the way, thanks a lot !

30yrs • F •
Usually I do a simple sketch of the shape of the head, like just a few lines to know where each element is. Then I always start with the eyes, I guess because it's the part I like the most. So I pass to the nose, the mouth, the face's shadows, etc. At last, I always draw the hair, don't ask me why I do it in this order. I just start and finish with the parts of the portrait I love the most - the hair and the eyes.
Quite simple

But actually, in the first image I haven't done any head's shape, lines or whatever to guide me, I just started by doing an eye. Guess I was lucky, and it went well

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like the second one - very pretty, could be an album cover.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 49yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Waterdrop is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is so wonderful. Eyes. Colors. And feelings.

44yrs • F •
lainfiquette is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I love the first one, it absolutely draws me in.

45yrs • M
Post Omega is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Nice!

Can you post some more?

70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sarafilipa: very good. Please continue for the benefit of all. Should you care, I love the first. Insightful as well as excellently executed.

Some of my artwork
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy