Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A Terrorist Bombing

User Thread
 57yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that WolfLarsen is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A Terrorist Bombing
A Terrorist Bombing
a short story by Wolf Larsen

It is a humble home in Afghanistan. The husband and wife and their three children (ages 13, 11, & 9) are all sitting down to eat. The youngest son is yelling and laughing loudly about something.
"Can we have a moment of quiet please?" asks the father.
As they all sit before their food the father thanks God for the food that they're about to eat. Then he faces his wife with a smile and thanks her too.
The husband and wife look at each other with tenderness.
The older son blurts out, "Enough of all your mushy lovey-dovey stuff! I'm hungry!"
The daughter says laughingly, "You're always hungry! Do you have a tapeworm?"
The older son just shakes his head and begins eating and everybody begins eating while the younger son tells everybody about what he did at school today.
Meanwhile, unbeknownst to them in the sky above their home a CIA drone is moving into position.
"One of my teachers Mr. D---- is so boring," says the youngest son. "But Mrs. L----'s classes are not boring at all."
As Junior talks the cargo doors of the CIA drone open up and release a bomb. As the bomb falls through the air Junior continues talking:
"Mrs. L---- smiles a lot too. I wish my other teachers were more like her. Sometimes - "
And that was the last word that Junior said. There was a big crash, a scream, and then an explosion. The entire family was blown away into bits.

Copyright 2011 by Wolf Larsen. Advance permission is given to anyone wishing to do so to publish the above story without alterations as long as credit is given to the author, and the intent of such publication is not hostile.

37yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that mutnuaq is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hahahaha what a silly story.

It's obvious what your doing. Those people don't need YOU to try and humanize them. What about the CIA drones killing the terrorist?

Where is your story about that same family getting blown to pieces by their neighbors? That is much much much more common and you know it is.

Your story is one sided shallow and transparent.

Your goals are obvious and terribly presented. '

It isn't your job to humanize those people. Anyone who isn't a sociopath knows that there are innocent people being hurt over there. Unfortunately for you and them Al Qaeda was being harbored there by the government and the people. That organization is dead set on killing anyone and everyone that disagrees with them including your loving fictional family. If that family would have stood up and fought for what was right instead of standing on the sideline the horror in which is Afghanistan would have been long over. Instead they said to themselves someone else will fix it until it blew up on their front door steps.

Who causes more deaths among citizens there? I E D 's or CIA drones?

"334jui8"
A Terrorist Bombing
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy