Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Having agendas

User Thread
 62yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that manbible is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Having agendas
I've been thinking over the past couple of weeks about having agendas. I wasn't sure the religious forum was the best place for this thread but then I thought why not? Religion definitely has agendas.

What's been on my mind is a more personal aspect of having an agenda. I've been accused of that and my first instinct is to defend and redirect against such accusations. But on further self examination I realize that it's true, I do. And honestly I'm not the only one, we all have agendas. We are all trying to communicate that what is most important to us at any giving time. And that qualifies as an agenda. It's not a bad thing.

I think what finally opened my mind to this was a court t.v. show in which the judge pursued her agenda in the case. In short , a church that held a raffle for couples who were engaged and to be married in that church. The prize was a paid honeymoon. Well even though a lesbian couple knew the rules they bought tickets and deceitfully kept the supposed 'grooms' gender secrete. Keep in mind they attended this church for three years and knew the church didn't recognize same sex marriages. Well they had a private, nonlegal marriage ceremony in their home after winning the raffle. Then refused to give back the money from the prize. Well the liberal judge read the church representative the riot act for not accepting that what goes against her beliefs. Then reluctantly awarded only half the money should go back to the church; totally ignoring the fraudulent behavior of the couple. Even though the marriage isn't recognized legally or spiritually.

Anyway, that obvious agenda based ruling help me to realize we all have something to push, sort to speak. So I would suppose my agenda is to seek and promote truth.

"To love oneself is to love others."
Having agendas
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy