Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

faster than light

User Thread
 26yrs • M •
Shadows Fall is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
faster than light
many of us have been seeing in the newspapers that nutrinos have been travelling faster than light but is it conformed? Are they really faster, do we have to rebuild relativity?

29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that James008 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
nope i don't think it travels faster than light but then again if it went faster then light i think there would be no need to rebuild relativity but rather edit it to say nothing goes faster then neutrinos. anyway neutrinos is mass less therefore it is also energy less as far as i know and therefore it can not really be classified as an object so still no object can go faster that light. i could be wrong as i did not go and research it now but only said what i know in general.

"Life is interesting but the universe rules."
 45yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Cainchild is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
CERn says they got something moving faster than the speed of light yes. It hasn't been confirmed and replicated as of yet, but the experiment looked solid as hell. It wouldn't require rebuild relativity, just rethinking it. Infinity speed would require infinite energy as it would cause the object to achieve infinite mass. Neutrinos are more or less without mass, so it doesn't break relativity , just upsets it a little. That being said relativity is a fine grained theory, and it is still called a theory for a reason.

"Fear is the emotion that prevents us from doing thing we shouldn't have thought of to begin with."
 27yrs • M •
Halberd is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I saw a link somewhere saying they found an explanation for it but I can't find the link.

74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Humanbean is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In my view of reality, particles are an illusion.
Everything is waves. Light, in a vacuum of space, has a fixed speed relative to all other waves moving within the same expansion rate (the basis of time). Artificially adding energy to a focused area can increase a neutrino wave beyond the natural expansion rate.

Waves that we percieve as matter, expands radially through time whilst E/M radiation expands sperically. This differential creates the "speed of light".

faster than light
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy