Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why would god need worship?

User Thread
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
[b]Why would god need worship and faith.

Why would the Creator of creation re lie on blind worship and faith to sub stain itself?

For a believe in god but not of one who is material in form or conscious in mind. To suggest such a notion seems like blasfemie. In fact all scripture seems to belittle god for the easy understanding of man.

Why would a god need it's creation to repent towards it. This seems very much like asado god.
For my god has the power of omni infinity. So worship to me only seems to destroy the fundamentals of creation.

In all my logical thinking I always end up with the assumption that we are in fact god, a creation of ourselves. So why worship?
Shouldn't the message be "live"
Keywords: God, Worship, faith, religion.

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that James008 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow i have got to say this is eye opening!!!

and i would say it is very true for me, but you put it all into words and opened my mind to see the obvious.

BTW this is a great theory!!!

"Life is interesting but the universe rules."
 63yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that manbible is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why would you assume God needs worship as opposed to just requiring it for our sake?

Why assume a creator would require "blind" faith? And why assume it would be so he would be sustained?

Why assume a conscious god would be blasphemous? And why assume such a god would be belittled because of the need to dumb down communication efforts so we can gain some perspective?

Why assume repentance is needed by God? And not us? For our benefit? And in what way would that destroy the "fundamentals of creation?"

How is it that we are god and "created" ourselves? And if we are god, how can the message be "live" when we face death and will succumb to it?

Logic seems to dictate to me that if we're to do anything but die, we need God. Not the other way around. I think you're projecting human needs onto God.

"To love oneself is to love others."
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that James008 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wow there is so many questions, its making me dizzy!!!!!!

"Life is interesting but the universe rules."
 45yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Cainchild is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am going to have to go with mambible here. We pray and worship for our benefit. I am pretty sure god would be fairly confident in his position. I can't imagine god would have any real vested interest in our prayers aside from being mildly flattered and or amused.
Now as to whether or not (the) god(s) prefer or want some form of personal relationship or attachment to us is debatable. Would you really want to be personally acquainted with a child rapist?
What is so special about the average person as to warrant attention from even another average person, much less god?
The message has always been, by the way, to live and to love. It has been to come to god of your own accord, when and how it was right for you.
The whole Calvinistic ideals of worship; without choice, blindly...or else, isn't really rooted in the reality of the bible from my perspective. It seems that faith can only be seen in the harsh light of questions, and challenges to it.
Faith is something that happens with or without the logical part. Half of the point of it is not knowing for sure, and still having faith.
By my faith, we are made of the very flesh of god in a sense, as are all things. Everything from that point, has no point unless we choose a path to the divine on our own. God, wants us to figure out what is right and wrong WITHOUT having our hands held. The worship and repentance is probably an easier system of accomplishing that for folks who aren't likely to end up with a Nobel in theology.

"Fear is the emotion that prevents us from doing thing we shouldn't have thought of to begin with."
 36yrs • M
My phone crashed when I first created this thread and presumed it was lost so wrote it again, as it took time to write I thought I'd post my second version here and responds to your agruments tomorrow after I've got some vital sleep.

I believe there is a god, but feel there is a common miss conception of what a god is. For I believe god created itself (reality) thus everything inside said reality Is god and life/experience being "gods" consciousness. (not a person or a separate conscious mind). There may be a creator separate to our reality but this would not make it god but the creator of god.

As I constantly attempt to belittle my own theories in a effort to better them I arose to the question why worship? For all my own logical thinking god would not require worship in any way to sustain itself. Many religions differ in there means to worship a god from suicide and sacrifice to prays and self dedication to said course. Surely this defeats the object of "god" does it not?
Why waste hours praying for HELP! When you have the ability as a human to over come the situation (granted some can not be beaten but this is your fate)

a Muslim friend once told me that he believe all animals pray by living and taking part in the food chain and humans as the chosen species pray because god gave them the ability to.

My personal opinion on that is that all animals are equal thus we should only pray in the same way the animals and plants do.... by living.

40yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that DannyDuberstein is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God doesn't need worship. People do (IMO). It serves toward the end of creating community where almost none can be found this day and age. It also serves to concretize speculation into dogma. People need that reassurance that there is a collective among them who shair their view.

Many things WE do, I feel that "God" is "laughing" at us for them (eg; chastizing a fellow Christian because they've missed church two weekends in a row, or perhaps an Adventist telling a Catholic they will burn in hell for worshipping on Sunday, etc. etc.)

"Just a fleck in the immeasurable circumference?"
 36yrs • M
First of all thanks james008 atleast sombody appreciates it lol

Manbible- without death life would be meaningless.
We would have no need for adaption for survival.
Funny anouth but the ouroburus symbol (used by James008 as his current profile pic) depicts this perfectly please do wiki.
Why would we need worship?
For I can feel the presence of god, but I do not wish nor do I think it is correct in attending service to worship by the accordance of an appointed human. Who Leisurly pass the collection plate to soil there coffers. Is this "gods" wish? or am I making yet anouther assumption?

You see all religions require a form of worship. But why is this? Because I can not comprihend the means for this except for dubberstiens point of collective congrigation. Then why pray?

Dannydubberstien.

I suppose inteligence has awakend the fear of death.
My god is the ever questioner

36yrs • M
First of all thanks james008 atleast sombody appreciates it lol

We would have no need for adaption for survival.
Funny anouth but the ouroburus symbol (used by James008 as his current profile pic) depicts this perfectly please do wiki.
Why would we need worship?
For I can feel the presence of god, but I do not wish nor do I think it is correct in attending service to worship by the accordance of an appointed human. Who Leisurly pass the collection plate to soil there coffers. Is this "gods" wish? or am I making yet anouther assumption?

You see all religions require a form of worship. But why is this? Because I can not comprihend the means for this except for dubberstiens point of collective congrigation. Then why pray?

Dannyduberstien,cainchild- you both seem to humanise god. As the bible and many other scriptures do... In my eyes god is far from human I guess some people can't comprihend infinate size, power and wisdom. God would have know means nor reason to find anything ammusing. nor would it require it's creation to know of it.
The way I see god in our level of excistance is the ever questioner, with each probability sequence being a answer.

"I suppose inteligence has awakend the fear of death. Thus we cling to hope to be rescued but we are infact just a consious thought of god"

63yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that manbible is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:

Actually theory, I find myself in more of agreement with you on this one. You're right, God doesn't require that form of ritualism as worship. Organized religion is a human institution and has human faults.To me worship is more about honoring God with your life then passing a collection plate. We agreed on something, who knew!?

quote:

How does death give meaning to life as opposed to say contentment?

"To love oneself is to love others."
 40yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that DannyDuberstein is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Theory, I guess you couldn't sense my sarcasm. When you put quotes around something, it signifies sarcasm. Get with it, man. I mean, I thought I made it fairly obvious. Ah well.

"Just a fleck in the immeasurable circumference?"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy