Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Noah's Ark

User Thread
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that James008 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Noah's Ark
now i found a web page where they calculated the total mass of all the animals that would have been present. and it is 5000 metric tonnes and the food that would be required is about 10000 tons for the 40 days, so i thought maybe if the animals didn't eat it might be possible to carry that much animals, so i continued and thought that maybe they had some tech which could analyze all the atoms in the bodies of these animals and then store it and destroy the animal and store only the deferent elements on the ship removing the need for food and afterward just reassemble the animals and therefore using much less space and less food.

so what do you think?
Keywords: ark, noah, mass, animals

"Life is interesting but the universe rules."
 62yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that manbible is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thought you might find this to be an interesting read...

The dimensions of the ark were ideally designed for both stability and capacity. It has been shown hydrodynamically that the ark would have been practically impossible to capsize and would have been reasonably comfortable, even during violent waves and winds. Assuming the ancient cubit to have been only 17.5 inches (the smallest suggested by any authority), the ark could have carried as many as 125,000 sheep-sized animals. Since there are not more than about 25,000 species of land animals known (mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians), either living or extinct, and since the average size of such animals is certainly much less than that of a sheep, it is obvious that all the animals could easily have been stored in less than half the capacity of Noah's ark, each pair in appropriate "rooms" (literally "nests".

"To love oneself is to love others."
 29yrs • M •
ok.

28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But before you consider that this is technically possible, you have to also consider how long it would take to build an ark of that magnitude.
(also some texts state that seven of each animal was placed on the ark).

"All the world's a stage. And all the men and women are merely players."
 40yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that DannyDuberstein is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hmm Decius, I always took these outlandish things in the bible to be allegorical. But I never thought to take any one of them as being factual from the accounts of minds/lives simpler than that of our own. Good postin', sir

"Just a fleck in the immeasurable circumference?"
 29yrs • M •
Decius thats a great read but have you ever heard of planet X or Nibiru or Mu-sho-sho-no-no.

now this is ,as believed by some scientist, is a brown dwarf star, which is in binary with our sun. It came from this legend of the Zulu tribes of South Africa of a star which brought water to the earth. and also that it made earth what it is today. some say that the planet earth was once between Jupiter and mars, but was struck by one of the satellites of this star causing it to shift to its current position.

And so leave the asteroid belt and also creating the Moon. now the prediction of its orbit coincides with the flood of the bible and the also the 7 plagues.

i read this very long ago and i am to lazy to research it now so some of the info might be wrong but the main idea is there, so if you are interested go check it out.

Noah's Ark
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy