Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

WTF with conditions had to be just right for life?

User Thread
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that James008 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i disagree when they say when life emerged conditions was just right for it and the was just enough light, water and chemicals!!!

the scientist say this but they are the ones accepting evolution, which to me means to adapt the best you can to a environment and evolve to fit better!!! therefore conditions wasn't right for life, life was ready for the conditions!!!! and life evolved to make the environment better for them and to adapt better to it!!!!

so do you agree or disagree?
Keywords: Life, evolve

"Life is interesting but the universe rules."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that deadcitystreets is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the vital signs of life may exist under many different conditions. consider our own human physiology; the conditions for our existence are suitable on this planet, but not any other planet in our solar system.

now consider other life on this planet, fish, whales, dolphins, microbes and insects. their very presence on this planet proves that conditions were right for their species to develop and adapt in the same way as human beings did; though the physiology and biology of all these creatures are somewhat far different from ourselves.

thus this planet (and the universe around us) is 'fit' for lifeforms to exist.

so, you're right! humans may well have improved upon perfection for the human race, but for the rest of life its a mute point - as only humans have the power of language... (another thread)

logically, this leads us into the territory of alien life existing somewhere nearby in the universe. although, as we know there are a variety of lifeforms on this planet which are catagorised as different species; mammals/fish/amphibians/insects, etc/ therefore we can suspect that these alien lifeforms may not have the same chemical/biological/physiological or even genetical substance as life on this planet.

thus they may not be humanoids but some terrifying chimera or unimaginable lifeform; - that - and this is the important part - may not find our planet inhabitable due to earth's atmosphere or its oceans or even how much light reaches us.

its an interesting thread though.

"therapy, or more love to give?"
 29yrs • M •
i am sorry i disagree i think aliens if they exist will be very humanoid. i will use a earth life form to prove this. have you ever heard of The Thylacine? this is a very interesting thing as it can hop on its back legs just like kangaroo's does, but the two species has no genetic ancestry that is before they evolved there hoping ability leading me and a lot of scientist that evolution finds it's own way to evolve to fit best and therefore can reach the same form if the conditions are closely the same and therefore can look very the same while having none or almost none common ancestry!!! so what i am saying here is that aliens might and is very likely to form the same form as humans because it allows better brain function.

anyway i still think that if we truly evolved the process of evolution will be much faster because as animals and evolution has probably found out that the only certain thing is change and therefore they should have become so good at change that we should have been able to evolve into a completely different form in just one lifetime or less.

i just want to add that The Thylacine scares the shit out of mes, even pictures!!!!

29yrs • M •
here is a pic of this thing, no wonder the British killed them off, it's like a demon straight from hell!!! if an alien looks like this i will rather kill myself then see it again!!!! it can open its mouth 180 degrees!!!!!

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy