Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The next stage of Evolution? - Page 3

User Thread
 31yrs • M •
Misconceptd is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Im new to this but read alot of what was said (not all of it though).

Like others I believe evolution is nothing more than adaptation except on a larger scale. But I also believe as of now evolution is not possible for the human race. Reason being is because in my theory we already believe ourselves to be top dog of the world, therefore we need not change anything.

Unlike other species with impending uncontrollable predators we have no reason to evolve. The main point is we cant evolve because we choose not to. The reason a say that is becaise of outer influences. Some have said that our enviroment can cause evolution, if so, then cant it also stop it?

For example someone brought up religion, now keep in mind I grew up in the church, 7days a week 365 days a year. Its my belief what really triggers evolution is our minds. If our minds believe evolution is neccessary then it happens. Now there is proof that many species have "evolved" over time in some major while us humans have only made minor ones. My reasoning is that our mindset is the cause. Animals do not have religion (at least I think they dont). But we do and its a major part of history as a species. In all religions there is the belief that a god/gods creates us and everything we kno and see. Thus giving us the idea that they made the as it should be. Heres where that mindset thing comes in. With that in mind we negate all changes that are possible because we believe they are not the god or gods have intended.

74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Humanbean is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Our minds have allowed humans to somewhat stabilize their environment...it is the stabilized environment that removes survival from the evolution equation.

Adaptations become species changing evolution due to SURVIVAL FACTORS.

36yrs • M •
Akreia is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe that evolution has to be forced more than anything. Though a lifestyle and certain mannerisms can change said evolultion from how it began or when/why it even did. Example: Say a nuclear bomb could cause mutations. Say someone effected by the outskirts of the blast as to where they recieved hardly any radiation caused them to mutate/evolve adapt and change of said immediate explosion. Then another candidate of similar attributes of whom was mentioned previously instead took shelted anticipating the blast was exposed to it at a much later time, in a different dose. They, in my opinion, would not turn out the same yet they both are the same species.

I do think, other factors apply. Intellectually a human only uses a very low percentage of their brain and it's generally in the same regions. If one had the luxury to choose to live a different way that wasn't "fit" for society that they could use a certain part of their brain, and may even be capable of doing things, that others cannot. Thus is evolution. But, deep down this is still forced, by the host. Some see patterns, others faces and if they practice this, they will become better at it. Your brain is a muscle and can be exercised, and exhausted. We have yet to unfold the entire potential of the mind and its capability. But we really never will in a fashionable time because of the way we live. There is simply no need. It must be a choice and a great effort has to be put into it like anything else that is difficult

38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The next stage of evolution is fusing the brain with silicon computer chips that would provide us with ALL the knowledge that is available to the world today. Just think of it, no more school. In one transplant you will know every topic, every subject, every winning lottery number that was ever pulled.

In one word, the next part of evolution is man turning into God.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
 73yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Decapolis is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't believe in deevolution. All evolution is forward. If a comet strikes the earth today and causes major climate changes all living things that survive will begin to evolve into whatever they need to be in order to survive.

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Eotw- that's a scary thought.
I doubt knowledge would render you god. Especially when there are still so many unanswered questions, but i guess it depends on the way we perceive god.

I wouldn't want to become part cyborg controlled by a program.

If anything i wish we could pre evolve or just simplify the means to live.

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
The next stage of Evolution? - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy