Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

what made God?

User Thread
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that James008 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what made God?
if god exist what made God? now this is kind of a trick question. if you answer he just existed and then created us, what is the point? in nature everything always takes the shortest possible way in order to save energy and mass now if in the nothing god just exist suddenly then i would say that nothing is not nature and it is nature in reality so i say why the hell take the long road when one could just go a head and made the universe taking the shortest route. therefore no god can possible exist in this answer and it also proves that the big bang could in fact have happened.

and if you say something other then god made god then it would just go on into infinity and therefor at the infinite point something must have came out of nothing and therefore has the same ending as the previous answer.

so therefor the easiest thing which is just for the universe to begin is the most likely to be true. therefore i do not believe in a god.

tell me your thoughts.

"Life is interesting but the universe rules."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I cannot tell you the source of the source or god.

But I can tell you that you lines of logic have far too many holes for conlcusions to be drawn.

Your conclusions on what is nature and how nature must work are based on limited notions that don't exclude other possibilities as readily as you appear to claim them to.

Why take the long road? The answers could be infinite, and who says god took the long road rather than utilized a big bang scenario? Both would seem possible.

But take a video game designer who must create from scratch entire universes bit by bit.

What is this confidently proclaimed infinite point you speak of and use for yet another presumptuous conclusion on what must be in your query of what is?

Your comfort with a big bang and something coming from nothing is no different then a god coming from nothing as even all existance could be defined as god, another lacking element of your point, a defined god.

Existance with or without god is a paradox that defies all known reason.

There are no rules which bind paradox or infinity that I am aware of.

And again, one must define god before claiming belief in or against it.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that DannyDuberstein is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There are endless proofs and refutations for the existence of a creator, designer, what-have-you. The reason is because we cannot know much of anything about our existence. We ALL live through faith.

"Just a fleck in the immeasurable circumference?"
 28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People made God.

"All the world's a stage. And all the men and women are merely players."
 28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The idea of a supreme deity, creating us and even watching over us, is a typical example of man's inability to accept that they are not special. And from a scientific perspective, I do not condone theories which include beings before and beyond the course of time.

63yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that manbible is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What made people?
If life had arose miraculously from nothing, you wouldn't consider that "special?"
Does ANYTHING exist outside of time?
What force prepared life before hand to accommodate the eventual need to evolve do to natural selection?
Why would natural selection become a trigger for evolution when the first life to spontaneously come into existence would have to be perfect, with no need to hunt nor would it be hunted, contented as it appeared?
I look forward to your scientific extrapolations.

"To love oneself is to love others."
 28yrs • M •
The closing sentence almost seems mocking there. Be careful when you taint your points with satire.
Who's to say life did spontaneously come into being? According to science, life would have begun as simple hydrocarbon chains in a soup of carbon rich sludge, sometimes referred to as "the primordial soup." Who's to say that any force did prepare life? I know that it says in the book of Daniel: "Before you knit me in my mother's womb you knew me, before I was made you set me apart." And no, I am not quoting scripture inappropriately before you pull that card on me. With regards to your final question, original life forms would be so simplistic on account of their genetic make-up that they would all have been very similar, natural selection would only have been cause by an environmental factor back then. Eventually leading to variation caused by changes in the environment in which these simplistic beings developed.

63yrs • M
No, no mockery intended. You said you have a scientific perspective. I was curious as to the depth of that perspective.

Quote: " life would have begun"

Isn't that just another way of saying "spontaneous generation of life?"

Since hydrocarbon is produced by living organisms, how could this life begin in your "primordial soup" if no deity is responsible and as you inferred by your remark "Who's to say life did spontaneously come into being?" life didn't spontaneously erupt? Is there a third option? Why hasn't the science community reproduced this soup in a laboratory? But if they do, wouldn't that suggest that only after careful, intentional manipulation of the elements and factors involved under a watchful eye can life arise from non life? You see the conundrum facing atheism?

29yrs • M •
time is only a thing which occurs in the universe therefore if no time exist all would be in its most simple state and in its most complex state at the same moment as time does not exist, therefore a "nothing" can be a "everything" therefore knowing everything and is obsolete and therefore it is a waste for a absolute being to create life which is inside time because if there is no time everything is in its infinite form and at the sometime in its most simplistic form. infinite. and i agree with TheHollowMen275 WTF is it with humans to not just accept they are here and a god in this system is a waste!!!!(sorry TheHollowMen275 if what i said is not what you meant but if it is not what you meant it is what i mean).

28yrs • M •
This conundrum is not really solved by turning to a deity either.

29yrs • M •
ok

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Quote manbible-----"Why would natural selection become a trigger for evolution when the first life to spontaneously come into existence would have to be perfect, with no need to hunt nor would it be hunted, contented as it appeared?
I look forward to your scientific extrapolations".

From my logic I would assume we evolved from plancton to plants then eventually started to move and with expenditure of energy that the sun could not provide thus we turned to canabalism. Which led to the need to protect. A good example of this would be the trilobites.

One of the oldest symbols known to man was Ouroboros. A snake in a circle bitting his own tale. Suposedly was drawn to depict the purest form of creature or what they suposed a god would look like. As it has no need to eat no need to see no need to move or defend and just floated through space. Perhaps this is what you propose we should look like

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
 29yrs • M •
maybe the reason we really exist is because of failure of need for our existence, i mean this in a way to say that if God is perfect and need nothing to exist he probably made is because he doesn't need us, just like rich people sometimes are alone and want nothing more than love, but they do not really need it to exist, therefore we may owe our existence purely to desire of God for companionship. i am not sure but i think that God says this somewhere in the bible, i think i heard it once in church.

63yrs • M
Ironwood,

Presumptuous, yes but not without sound reason. If life did arise without the help of a creator it would have had to been perfectly adapted to the planetary conditions from the onset in order to arise in the first place, wouldn't you think? Then, once the conditions changed and that life couldn't survive any longer it would die and that would be it, wouldn't it? Why would we ASSUME the life would have needed to reproduce? Or why presume some how it would know (or instinctively know) it needs to transfer survival knowledge if it did reproduce just in case it may need it? Why presume all this if life was just a random accident of chance to begin with?

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No, not necessarily. If speculating on origins of life from an unguided perspective, life could be generated by all manner of crazy harshness as scientists have theorized, lightning, volcanoes etc. Said life could be extinquised upon meeting open air like many bacteria and viruses only to grow and change to adapt.

So anything is possible both with or without gods influence most likely.

But speculating isn't the issue, its a moot arguement when it comes to definitives given our limitations.

What's sad to me to have to witness is bright kids who call themselves definitive athiests based on pure speculation, just have the wherewithall andballs to say you don't know.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
what made God?
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy