Taking a chance is like taking a bath, because sometimes you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plast - Lemony Snicket
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What do you pay for your bandwith?

User Thread
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that James008 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I pay i pay almost R 2000 Per gig of data i use that is About U.S$270 per gig of data and then it is as slow as a snail. The top speed i get is about 100 KB/s download and 15-20 KB/s for uploads, you can almost do nothing with that slow speed!!!

please do tell me what you pay and get.

"Life is interesting but the universe rules."
 29yrs • M •
Yes i use wireless but it is not because wired here is worse but because my mom is under debt review and is not her but her husband that has the debt but they are getting divorced and then i can get uncapped for R 599 which is $85 and the data transfer is 512 kb/s but is a overloaded network because it is the only sensible affordable network so at most i will probably only get half that speed. Oh yeah and it is line included.

If i were to use 300 GB on my wireless i pay R 600,000 thats $85,714!!!!!!!! South Africa is great but the Internet is GRAP.

29yrs • M •
haha. ok but it is standard for all wireless networks to provide data at a standard of R2 per MB which is like $0.29 and if you work on that the data will be R 600,000 thats $85,714 for 300GB but there is data bundles that you can buy which brings the money down and you can get 20 GB for about R 5000($715) but it is to much for me and i also had to e take the highest amount of cost because there in north America no money is to much and you make a lot of money but here in the third world we suffer with almost no job opportunities and bad pay and an unemployment rate of 26%. but still we pay a lot more then you for the same level of service.

But what is hosting data centers?

and yeah our Afrikaners are rare and far in between. but did you know that Afrikaans is actually just a altered form of Dutch, German and a few other European countries? but because it developed in the colonies it never became a widely spoken language.

29yrs • M •
oh ok.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rainman05 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So, because I live in Eastern Europe we have a fast cheap internet here.

Basically ,for 8euros I get around 60mb DL speed and 10-12mb UPLOAD speed. Yes, I do mean megabytes.

And my subscription is dated. I bet I can get a way better internet connection (yes, wireless) for a bit bigger price nowadays.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy