Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Worship 101?

User Thread
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that VirtualVampire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Worship 101?
My boyfriend and I are of different religious belief systems. He's is a Sufi worships his god by doing daily prayers. I'm starting my path in polytheism and I mainly worship the goddess Aphrodite & other deities in Hinduism. My worship includes prayers and offerings of flowers, fire rituals, and gifts of chocolates.

So my questions are follows:

1.) What is worship to you? How do you define it or how does your belief system define it?

2.) How do you worship?

3.) What does it do for you in emotional, physically, mentally, and spiritually?

4.) Do really feel connected?

5.) Has it affected your life in any way?

6.) Does god really need it, and what does god do with it?

seriously is like some sort of power up item?

"I do mind being human...for now."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've always detested the word worship. Because no god I'd ever even respect would be so vain and shallow.

So I found it very interesting when a semi famous researcher in england expressed having found the word to be a bad translation.

He posited the notion that the word is actually meant to translate to work shop. As apparently mystery religion priests of egypt and earlier were in houses or churches where they literally "did gods work".

He was in the research area concerning monatomic gold refined as powder and ingested with amazing properties and effects. Some of which are highly tested and proven, in particular that this gold so refined has multidimensional and even anti gravitational properties. It can dissappear in a flash of light if exposed to sunlight, now not just gold but monatomic platinums as well, if heated becomes lighter and even lifts objects it sits on or is heated through, can blink out of existance for a time, and reappear when cooled and when cold actually gets heavier.

The priests used it as an utlimate doorway to the underworld. The basic theory is it's a superconductor and channels subtle energies as our dna does and they tune into these other dimensions. Fascinating research started by an arizona rancher farmer who found this substance in his soil and watched it poof in a blinding light in the sun when refined.

But, the point ultimately being that worship, whether mistranlated or not, is not likely the best word.

Because being aware, conscious and reminded of the source or god and our connection to everything is very important for a balanced human being.

So honoring god and your connection, even with ritual is not a bad thing at all, its actually quite good. But defining yourself or a religion by such acts and even branding heretics those who do not is the epitomy of true heresy, ironically enough.

I get much peace and energy from connecting. I get perspective and calm. I get to let go of what I can't control giving more energy to focus on what I can.

Not to mention it is this line of thinking and acting which has led to psychic or paranormal phenomena, which has indeed had a huge impact on my life.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that VirtualVampire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Because being aware, conscious and reminded of the source or god and our connection to everything is very important for a balanced human being.

Thank you for your input Ironwood, but how would being aware of the source of god relate to an individual who is atheist?

I've always wondered how one could live without the notion of a higher self or source greater than one's self.
But when I consider it, I've been condition to worship a being I do not see from childhood and call it god, so any opinion I make about being an atheist would be bias.
Or perhaps they are so connected to their higher self that they have no need of acknowledging something greater than themselves because they believe in themselves.

quote:
So honoring god and your connection, even with ritual is not a bad thing at all, its actually quite good. But defining yourself or a religion by such acts and even branding heretics those who do not is the epitomy of true heresy, ironically enough.

Sad ... I hate the thought of those who consider themselves "Holy" slaughtering people they deem as "unholy".

"I do mind being human...for now."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Not the source of god, or at least not just. I mean the source of everything. See, I view "god" to be just the collective whole and the source of all things.

We are all connected to everything because we are god from an individual pinpoint perspective viewing itself from a view of a specific density and frequency of reality within the entirety.

What that means to your point is that there is no contradiction to your thought of believing in your self. Because you are god. We all are, and we are even capable of tapping into the collective conscious of the whole, the god mind.

That's what the feeling of connection is, and that's the point of spirituality, enlightenment, seeing others as you and you as others and all gods and demons if you will as multidimensional entities within three dimensional reality living a forgetful life of duality and segregation instead of unity.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Decius, I have a question about your shower ritual because my partner does the same thing and thinks the freedom is there cause it was the one place she was absoluetly alone because no would could come and try to use her to make them happy in some way. I a sense her room was not a place of solidary exploration. Could you lock your door? She couldn't. When did you create the ritiual? What caused you to start yours. This topic interests me.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
Worship 101?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy