Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Random Pictures by vigil

User Thread
 35yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that vigil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Random Pictures by vigil
Double posted my light painting thread, so I'm gonna just use this one for random photos that I will most likely never use or post anywhere else. They'll be mixtures of DSLR and webcam pictures for now.

[  Edited by vigil at   ]
 35yrs • F
A friend.

Just a small tip for anyone looking to take nice portraits of any family or friends:

If you're trying to take a picture of someone and you notice that they have shadows under their eyes and around their face because of the lighting you are in, try using some white paper or shiny silver wrapping paper in order to reflect some light onto their face.

You get them to hold it at any height under their face , it depends on the intensity of the light that you want reflected onto them, and just tilt it around until you get the light rebounding the way you want it.

I had my friend just place a bit of shiny wrapping paper that we had handy, on her lap and it did help the shadows to a degree. You could also get them to hold it to the side of their face, or anywhere that you want to get rid of shadows, basically. And then obviously you just use whatever composition you need in order to take the picture without there being any sight of the reflector.

I would have gotten my friend to hold it a bit closer to her face, and angled it more towards her, but she had a lot of trouble not squinting from the brightness of it. =p

35yrs • F
Webcam. Yeah I don't care what anyone says about ISO noise and compression, I like them/don't mind them in these.

About the second one. I like the shirt, don't think too much about that batman though (from the dark knight).

Edit: Okay, just for you Wyote.

[  Edited by vigil at   ]
 35yrs • F
Okay, I play dress ups every once in a while and explore my superficial-ness. Whatever you see here is never how I dress (and I never wear make up unless I'm doing character stuff like this), in my day to day world, I don't pay much mind to fashion, but I do like experimenting with make up and wearing stuff that I never would usually. So there you go.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Put the sparkler pic back. It was awesome.

Batman is awesome too though.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • F
Back to DSLR.

Yup it's a fence!

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Your artwork is fascinating. I am left with daydreams, desires and slight feelings of inadequacy. lol

For the past few minutes I have been wondering what it is about these pictures that I find so interesting. I think its your ability to express yourself.

As an artist, is this not your goal?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • F
Well I think that any art we produce can't help but be expressions of our thoughts, desires, feelings.

So now you've made me think - what am I trying to express?

I think that my goals kinda changes with each medium.
For drawings, they are usually visualisations of real moments or experiences that I want in my life.

For photography of inanimate objects and nature, so far it's been about finding and trying to express, the wonder, magic and beauty that I feel is in the world. And sometimes it really is just about exploration.

When I photograph myself and things that I make, I believe I do it out of a desire to incorporate my daydreams into reality, to try to live in the life that I imagine for myself. And I think that's really my ultimate goal. To live a life that I believe to be satisfying and beautiful.

Hmm, I know that's a lot more than your question warranted, a simple "yes" probably would have sufficed. But you know, your question instigated another question, and I hadn't really thought about that last one before, because dressing up and making structures are much more recent things than the drawing and photography. So that was very interesting and satisfying for me to realize.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My honest feelings? Had you just said yes I'd have got my feelings hurt.

"To live a life that I believe to be satisfying and beautiful."

This is worded nearly exactly how I have stated my ultimate goal in life. We are very similar indeed lol.

I'm glad i could return the favor.

You've really inspired me to get into photography myself. I've always enjoyed editing things. Movies, music, photo's. I just really like editing, To me, its like the magic behind the scene. Inspired me to want to take pictures, and to want to be more creative.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • F
That's awesome awakend, it's really funny and cool to think that my playing and creating could influence someone a million miles away, to get more into something, that makes me really happy. =D

As you say you are getting into photography, if you ever need any advice about cameras or whatever, please don't hesitate to ask, I'd be glad to share any of my own understandings that might be helpful to anyone starting to express an interest in it.

35yrs • F

35yrs • F
I had to take the second picture through a cage, just in case you're wonderingn what those blurry greyish bits are.

35yrs • F
Second picture is taken with a second hand SLR Pentax MX camera body and a ricoh rikenon 50mm fixed lens. Photo was scanned from a physical copy of the original.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like ur Photos Vigil, you have an eye for detail.

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 35yrs • F
Thanks Pupa

Random Pictures by vigil
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy