Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Christians believe they are cannibals

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If Christians really believe they eat the body of Christ and drink the blood of Christ then that makes them a cannibal. That does not make sense people.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
heres a link you will enjoy :S

http://nobeliefs.com/communion/communion.htm

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
If Christians really believe they eat the body of Christ and drink the blood of Christ then that makes them a cannibal. That does not make sense people.
Ah, I think there is a symbolic nature to this christian ritual . . to be christian is to seek to live a likeness of Christ by serving God in doing those things which are of Jesus in whom God was pleased.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thanks pupa ria I had a good laugh at that link.

If Christians believe it is only symbolizing than wouldn't they just believe that they are eating crackers and wine.

It either is what they say meaning they are cannibals or symbolizing which would be literally crackers or wine. It can't be sort of one but not the other. Logical impossibility.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ah, ya a child playing at serving tea & cookies but then that would be a child mentality? Heard that some professional atheles go through the motions (activities) of their related sports in order to simulate & sharpen those activities . . . I mean why would a christian practice some ritualized cannibalism?
Oh, speaking of cannibalism isn't the practice of capitalism cannilbalistic?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BethewateR is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
obviously this is figuratively speaking, but yes it is funny to think about, so is the incest and prostitution and fratricide ect. ect. in this fairy tale book religion is all bullshit folks and its bad for ya

"all you know is all you know"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To quote another
quote:
It's name is Ideology and, its responsible for the deaths of millions.
Religion, Racism, Politics, Nationalism, Democracy... all ideologies.
all harmful.

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/79797/1/islam.htm#85624

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 32yrs • M •
Worker is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
OMG I ate Jesus last Sunday! His body was not so good but the blood was amazing! But kidding aside the whole "Do this in memory of me" thing does have symbolic meaning. By the way i'm catholic and i've been asking my self this cannibalism question since i started taking communion which starts at age seven. And here is what i think. This notion of eating someone else to gain there "power" as it were is a tribal ritual that goes back before the rise of the monotheistic gods and still went on in jesus' time. The whole idea that eating someone grants you there strenth is i think childish. But isn't that what we're doing? Consuming His body and blood to be more like him? But still when i go up there and see the "body" all i see is a badly cooked cracker and when i see the "blood" i see free wine(lol). but really it is a form cannibalism no two ways about it.

But i have two questions to propose to believers and non-believers both.

1) if you were in a plane crash and landed in the middle of no where and knew that rescue would take months. Now you have no food on the plane that can last that long except the passengers who died would you eat them to survive?

2) If the only way to get into heaven is to eat the body and blood of Jesus would you eat him?

Keep in mind i am just asking these questions just came off the top of my head so please just think about i don't mean to offend even if i do.

"Salvation is but a lie, Freedom but a wish, and Hope is folly, but I can Dream can’t I?"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy