Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Show me there is no God

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wecycle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Show me there is no God
I am interested in why others may believe there is no God. and why. And please no ridiculous rants that make no sense. If your confused and just dont believe that ok. But rude ridiculous rhettoric is only showing others that your ignorant.

"God is Good"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Squarepants is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God is a word that seems to have different meaning with different people. To me God is everything and everything is all that is.

"I hungry"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wecycle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That is what God is but He is so much more as well. Many people such as athiest, agnostic and many others dont believe in Him or change Him into something that fits there morality. They want a god who preforms magic tricks and such.

Did you look at the video on the other page about the usc student. Chk it out. But why should someone who made us and all the we see and have need to do magic tricks to get us to believe. He might as well pimp slap those people because thats about all that will convince them He is real.

So whats your understanding of God.

"God is Good"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
agnostic and many others

Whoa... Don't try to drag Agnostics into the same pool as the Athiests. Agnostics believe you can't possibly know for certain whether or not there is a God or any kind of higher power.

quote:
I ask you this with complete seriousness.

Show me God isn't a talking chocolate bar. Prove it to me, undeniably.

You can't do that, can you wecycle? Thats why I am Agnostic. Because you can't fucking do it.

Pardon my french

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Riot is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
see, atheist doesn't belive there is absolutely no god at all, there is a possibility that some being you can call "god" might exist, who knows, but for those fashionable gods, aka the cristian god, Alah, or any god "made up" till present day... sorry pal, there is more evidence against them than you are willing to recognize.

So as an atheist, I wont belive in a super natural being, unless evidences is presented.

So, the bargain of proof is upon you, since you are the one making an extraordinary claim.

asking other people to "proove god doesn't exist", just shows how un familiarize you are with this argument stuff.

So still you can prove to me that I don't have a gigantic purple lizzard under my bed, don't ask others proof your personal superstitions wrong.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The concept of God is a logical impossibility.

Definition of God is he is all powerful, all knowing and all loving.

Assumption there exists evil in the world. example the Holocaust was an undeniable evil. Children being raped. War. etcetera.

If there is evil in the world god cannot exist because if he is all loving then surely he/she/it would do something about it because he loves us and wouldn't want us to see harm. Just like how if you really loved someone you would not want to see harm being done to them.

If he does not do anything about evil because he does not know about it then he is not all knowing.

If he cannot do anything about it because he/she/it does not have the power to do so then he /she/it is not all powerful.

Actually the whole depiction of God began with him/her/it being the sun. In that the sun would bring in the harvest. That is why people say grace they thank the sun for its yield and produce.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Riot is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is an answer for that asumption.

it's something like "The evil is the lack of god", wich I think it's and stupid idea, not to mention ilogical.

But I don't think there are moral absoluts

Show me there is no God
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy