Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Could there be a pill for that?...

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You might often hear about a man feeling like 'they are a woman trapped inside a man's body'.

Could it be that they have a hormonal imbalance, of similar, where there physiology somewhere is more feminine than masculine?

If that were the case, do you think that it may be possible to 'correct' the imbalance, perhaps with hormone treatment, rather than perhaps accept that they are actually female in any way?

Please discuss...

(Bear in mind that despite knowing females, a man has never really been female (technically), so how would it be possible for them to say they are female?..)

"There is no negative one..."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Probably there is an increase in female hormones such as estrogen. Perhaps the brain is structured differently. or perhaps the parental structuring caused changes to the brain structure.

There seems to be a pill for everything these days. There are pills or hormones to make women men so perhaps they could take those.

I don't understand what is wrong with just being plain gay. A man still, but just gay.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've heard there are ways to control your hormones yourself, without any medication.

I do think it's possible that gay, bi and transsexual people are created through environmental influence. I think it's through the food we eat.

I thought it was interesting when I heard some gangsta type guy calling some other guy a "sweet boy." - maybe there is more understanding there than meets the eye. I wonder if gay guys eat a lot of sweet foods - and if a most gay girls eat a lot of meat. It would be an interesting study.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 36yrs • M •
That's the most retarded thing i have ever heard... You are what you eat!!! There's no way that food causes homosexuality. It's way more likely to be genes or hormones that are under producing or overproducing.

36yrs • M
quote:
That's the most retarded thing i have ever heard... You are what you eat!!! There's no way that food causes homosexuality. It's way more likely to be genes or hormones that are under producing or overproducing.

What do you think creates the genes that you have other than what your mother puts in her body while she's pregnant?

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
"What do you think creates the genes that you have other than what your mother puts in her body while she's pregnant?"

Yeah, I hear if you eat pickles while your pregnant you'll have a boy. Same idea right?

DNA is reworked by one's environment but only by an individual's bodies perception of the environment. A diet won't dictate your sexuality. Unless you think it will, in which case it becomes more psychological not genetic.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 36yrs • M
quote:
Yeah, I hear if you eat pickles while your pregnant you'll have a boy. Same idea right?

No, different idea. There is no empirical evidence to suggest that eating pickles creates a boy. I'm not sure exactly the factors that are involved in determining the sex of the fetus but I do know that if a mother didn't eat while she was pregnant, the baby would cease to grow and eventually die.

quote:
DNA is reworked by one's environment but only by an individual's bodies perception of the environment. A diet won't dictate your sexuality. Unless you think it will, in which case it becomes more psychological not genetic.

I'm sure someone told you that or you read it and you just believed it. Understand that this is a BELIEF of yours and may or may not be an accurate representation of reality. Because you're expressing your BELIEF on the issue, your matter-of-fact tone is inappropriate.

---

I've also heard people call male homosexuals "fruits" many times. Most fruit has a lot of sugar and would be more on the feminine or "yin" side of things. I've never heard anyone call a really butch lesbian a "fruit" though - maybe it's because they display very masculine traits?

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The sex of a baby is determined by the sperm so yeah ... would have nothing to do with the mother (off topic).

quote:
I'm sure someone told you that or you read it and you just believed it.

Where did you get your theory from?

I got mine from an article in wired magazine published about 4 months ago written on genetic data basing.

quote:
I've also heard people call male homosexuals "fruits" many times

I've also heard Mexicans called wet backs, do they drink a lot of water or just swim a bunch?

Show me a study to back your outrageous claims because at this point the only things you've told me is that if I eat enough chocolate I'll have the magic black fairies come down and turn me into a brother.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 36yrs • M
I don't need to show you a study - I can just point to reality.

To every thing that exists there is a complimentary opposite; black-white, up-down, front-back, male-female, positive-negative, hot-cold etc. You may have gathered from reading this that these complimentary opposites are all relative. 100 degrees is cold compared to 5000 degrees but hot compared to -50.

Realize that every cell, particle and atom that is in your body was transformed from the nourishment you received from the air, food and the sun. This observation alone shows the magnitude of importance that our primary forms of nourishment have on us. We really are what we eat.

Recognizing this reveals the probability that our preferences for sexual partners, activity, and lifestyle in general are intimately related to the nourishment we give ourselves.

This all goes into much more detail than I feel like writing at the moment. Check out a book by George Ohsawa if you want a more in-depth look at the nature of yin/yang.

31yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that XFreeGlowStickX is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To me, a man is a man.
A woman is a woman.

Those who say they're "a man trapped in a woman's body." or vice versa, I believe, are self-consious. They don't like who they are, and wish to be something else. The more they wish to be something else, the more their brain will tell them they are exactly that, even if they aren't.

Your brain is a computer, the way you think effects the way you act. You can change your brain or "reprogram" it to think a certain way.

"There is only one Happiness in life, to Love and be Loved"
 36yrs • M •
Saying we choose our sexual partners based on food is such a stretch. Man look at that chicks rack, Yeah but look at her ham sandwich haha.

Maybe if you were into fat chicks or something then you might like a chick who eats KFC. Go to the local KFC to pick up chicks with phat booty!

Perhaps DNA might be altered through time in that say eating fish reduced cancer rates. Those who liked fish would be less likely to get cancer and therefore they were naturally selected. There's no way food can alter DNA in such a short time.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Realize that every cell, particle and atom that is in your body was transformed from the nourishment you received from the air, food and the sun. This observation alone shows the magnitude of importance that our primary forms of nourishment have on us. We really are what we eat.

ok ok i am really going to prove this. I was conceived in Venice, Italy...i only found out about it recently. Since i was a kid i had high sensibility to italian language, i kinda picked it up without noticing it but hey i'm no expert at it., at the age of 13 i started singing opera (wtf) . now how do you explain that? keeping in mind that i never knew where i was conceived.
i do believe that there is something related with what people eat and how they feel and hence the impact that it could have on the fetus.

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have enjoyed all responses so far, so now...

Would you actually recommend some sort pill or treatment with similar effect (i.e. to help 'correct' hormonal balances or like) to someone who thinks they were born in the wrong body?

Personally, if it came down to yes or no, I'd go for yes. However complex circumstances may not allow me to show my feelings... I think it may help them feel more normal, although they have probably been used to, and gotten attached to, the old them...

How about you guys?

"There is no negative one..."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i'm not sure if pills would work but iv'e heard of surgeries. and it is known that sports, physical activities increase male hormones

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 36yrs • M
First off, cool story pupa. It helps confirm my intuition about the relationship between our body, mind and the food we eat.

No, I don't think synthetic man-made pills are the answer to anything. There is nothing found in nature that is "pure" like the extracts that chemists cook up in their laboratories. I believe that all the nourishment we need for a happy and healthy body/mind can be found in the harvests of one's local environment. It would be a cruel joke on humanity if one's well-being rested on some extract taken from a rare plant in rural Japan.

quote:
Perhaps DNA might be altered through time in that say eating fish reduced cancer rates. Those who liked fish would be less likely to get cancer and therefore they were naturally selected. There's no way food can alter DNA in such a short time.

I agree with that more or less. Noticeable changes brought about by ones diet would take time - just as noticeable physical changes brought about by regular exercise would take time.

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy