The heights of popularity and patriotism are still the beaten road to power and tyranny. - Hume
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Kahlil Gibran Discussion on one writing of his pro favor? (No it is not in espanol)

User Thread
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Kahlil Gibran Discussion on one writing of his pro favor? (No it is not in espanol)
This is a man I have studied for many years. Now if you do not know him...you might know of his book of the Prophet. Very interesting book to say the very least and VERY easy read. It just takes your mind a second to decide what HE is saying as opposed to what you are thinking. (wait...still no spell check here? WHH? Color me not speling corectively able...lets leave it at that)

I would like to discuss this first writing of his...(not his first writing of course, but is something that is near and dear to my heart and would love to hear all inputs on what this means to YOU)

I know...many people think he was psycho. Many Crazy, Many a genious!! But to ME he is someone who made me THINK on different aspects of life.

So my request Please read, and tell me what this means to YOU. Honestly. To ME it is self explanitory for I am or have just experienced this situation....but to you......what does he speak? All comments are greatly appreciated, but none about my spellings and/ or punctionallity. I suck. Deal with it....

Here we go.....

Anthem of Humanity

Oh and a special Hello to all who I have missed in the past!! New start?? I have grown up!!! Hahahahah. Not. Well..a little maybe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------

~It was but yesterday
we met in a dream
you have sung to me
in my aloneness,
and I of your longings
have built a tower in the sky

But now our sleep has fled
and our dream is over,
and it is no longer dawn.

The noontide is upon us
and our half waking
has turned to fuller day
and we must part

If in the twilight of memory
we should meet once more
we shall speak again together
and you shall sing to me
a deeper song
And if our hands should meet
in another dream
we shall build
another tower in the sky~

~Kahlil Gibran~

Meaning to me. I have let this person go. Against my will. Need more questions ask, don't want to know....don't ask. Within a short time I met someone who after many years of my life with no TRUE love the sparks flew so bad ass that I needed SHADES. Now, within a second, I realize this must end. Against my will. We were the perfect match, but time, and situations just messed it all up. Shall we meet again? Yes. Will bridges be burned? Not completely. But right now in our lives it is not the time nor the place for us to be together. (going through a divorce to someone i was never married to if that makes sence...so it creates drama)

Threre will be a time. There will be a place for i am a truly a great judge of character and we click like a damn clock. Too much in common and if I would shut up I would know what MORE we have in common which would totally be freaky.

Do NOT analize me. This is my take on this writing. What is yours? Does it mean something to you exactally? Does it speak to you? Or what do you believe Kahlil is saying?

All answers completely welcomed...questions as well...but this is NOT about me...this is about what I want to know that this means to others. Deal? So lets begin. Write on writers!

Evilia

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with your interpretation for the most part, however I do not believe he intends to convey a message of parting against his will. It seems to me more as though new realizations have caused them to no longer have the conviction or drive to stay together. And after some growing, they may one day come to understand each other to an even greater extent whether they remain together or not.

Welcome back Evilia.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 54yrs • F •
Yes I agree with you. Thats what I like so much about him....that what might mean something to HIM most likely means something different to others. He can and is many times debatable...but then again no one can read his mind.

I believe he was a lil crazy.

Its just my view of it regarding MY situation. I love that about him. That we do not necessarily know his "feelings" or thoughts, but in many of his writings you can pertain certain situations to our own lives/beliefs.

He had several loves. And when he loved he LOVED...like with everything. Dang I wish I could write like him.

My fav from him is We and You. Its too long to post....but it tells, (if you don't already know) a story of how WE see what you are doing with your money and your power, and you look upon us as idiots. But YOU do not have someone who loves you enough to even burry you....but we watch you, listen to you, and learn from your mistakes, and in the end you are nothing.

Kinda like my favorite phrase..."Wise men learn more from fools, then fools from wise men"

Thanks for the welcome. How you be?

Evilia

42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This poem came right on time. thank you Evilia.

Just a year ago i was living in the mountains in complete solitude and then this guy pops up out of the blue moon and hell yes we did build ivory towers in the sky, everyday felt like a blue sunday. I think solitude gives pace for the inner world to express itself and when you are surrounded with beauty you try to concord what you do with it, just like the act of singing. I had to go back to the city and live "the real life", become a "productive" member of society and he had to go back to Cyprus. Just this moment he is sitting in my living room chit chatting with my brother and i'm here in front of this screen with moonlight sonata in my ears. He felt more real in the dream. i don't know what to feel.
this poem also reminds me of my fav' song of Nick Drake "time has told me", when he says "someday our ocean will find it's shore".

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 54yrs • F •
So you are once back together?

54yrs • F •
I listened to "Time has told me" and yes, you are completely right...its almost the SAME thing. Kinda freaky.

Evilia

42yrs • F •
maybe in another dream as Gibran would say it
some things are better left untouched, nothing to add nothing to substract. Picture perfect. One of the things that we all do while living is building up memories. I'm being careful of what i'm putting in my sandbox. but maybe this ain't no good. if life loses spontaneity it's no life at all.

there's one thing i'd like to ask about and your opinion would help: You say that you and this guy youv'e know for so long are so alike, some kind of soul brothers. I get this all the time from my surroundings...even my boss godammit...it kind of pisses me off cause it gives people the feeling that they got grab of you. doesn't this similarity feeling has something to do with emotional transparency? like if we all tare down our masks we realize that behind these walls we are all the same.
i do believe that there is a difference...the core may be the same but how we treat and experience it brings out the difference.
so...what do you mean when you say that you and him are alike? i'd like to know how you understand similarity.

Salam*

54yrs • F •
Yes Salem...I do believe he has some type of grab of me.

Why? Because I think differently, I know every single subject mostly...but master none. He is a master of most...

I am actually a professional paranormal investigator. (Please do not judge or get into GOD or anything like people do...GOD is my god and my saviour. He is Lord) Just gona keep that clear.

He has NEVER been on a case, never even seen a ghost except one entity, yet he seems to know just as much as I....maybe even more!!

He is the jack of all OFFS. (I mean trades)

HE ADORES me for what I am, who I am, what I say, do, walk, talk, move, my looks, my ass, my everything.

BUT, I think I might be too much. Like POSSIBLY though it is so obvious that he adores me fully....something is holding him back for after ALL these years.....he has not seen anyone in 3 of them yet he says he is DATING me. I say claim me.

He is scared. Because some men with their good looks, money can over power every woman. To meet your MATCH is kinda scary. Its kinda scary for me!

What man in 39 years could lay next to me just cuddling softly and talk abou the shit we talk about? He has never met anyone...nor I. He might run. I have this feeling.

I said three more dates, and claim or drop me. He has until this weekend. I might know tomorrow. And THOUGH...I adore him so much with everything in me....for who he is, what he is, and who he shall ever be....we might just be too much for the both of us.

See..I don't LIKE to overpower a man....I don't like be smarter, look better...then there are issues. We are both equal.

And if this story ends as Kahlil.....and the song you stated...it will be a tradegy. I could only pray I could come back again and to say...I HAVE FOUND IT!!

But...the shit is...its right in front of our faces and if he dosen't want ME to be exclusive...(he says I can date...he will not...wtf?)

Then this will be a tradegy and he can suck a shit ass. Ill feel bad when he does...but why be so stupido? I mean SHIT!

Did I answer your question...or babble? If i did not please repeat...one sentence and ill holla back.

Peace and love..

Evilia

54yrs • F •
Your answer is....im all no mask. All real. People like that. I deal with those people a certain way. I get alot of attention just from my personality. My looks don't hurt.

The ASSHOLES who think they should be the spotlight I have a problem with. Either they ACT smart....and no I do not debate....

Or they are so fricken STUPID I can't even hold a conversation with them. Or...many other things.

He is all that and a bag of fucken LOVE. I need to slow the HELL down, but I don't think I should wait.

He is a rockstar by the way.

But so am I.

42yrs • F •
or maybe i am all mask there is no real... this should have a halo around his had.
your answer reassured some doubts i had thank you. and i understand that it's not something we cannot put in words it just spiritual magnetism between two people and you just feel that in your bones and that's all there is to know.

well...good luck to you and come what may.

54yrs • F •
Thanks for the response.

Ive figured alot more out now. Unfortunately I did not know him as I thought. He is not as smart as I once believed....he is MASK. I spoke with someone who was a good friend of his for many years and told me....he is not the SAME person you say. Im not going to get into it....but now I know anyways.

I think he is just learning these things in life, so he speaks of them and it just happens to be my expertiece. Unusual to say the very least. But its like....and.....so what else do you know? Do you FEEL? As Kalil once stated...."Do you have a mirror to view your own soul?" (not exact words...but same difference) I think he is partially booksmart not that I figured out more....and just not that smart in other ways.

I once told my girlfriend regarding her boyfriend...."He is just stupid like that." Like he loves you, cares about you, but he is sitting down watching a movie right now and not thinking about you or your feelings. He is just dumb like that. Lol.

That is what he is...."Just dumb like that." Sad cause I kinda liked his dumbness....

42yrs • F •
well...heres a poem for you by Rabindranath Tagore, another poet/philosopher they fed our brains while we were at school. Btw i'm going to be visiting Gibran Khalil Gibrans homevillage/Bcharre next week end i'll drop a word.

Unending Love

I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times...
In life after life, in age after age, forever.
My spellbound heart has made and remade the necklace of songs,
That you take as a gift, wear round your neck in your many forms,
In life after life, in age after age, forever.

Whenever I hear old chronicles of love, it's age-old pain,
It's ancient tale of being apart or together.
As I stare on and on into the past, in the end you emerge,
Clad in the light of a pole-star piercing the darkness of time:
You become an image of what is remembered forever.

You and I have floated here on the stream that brings from the fount.
At the heart of time, love of one for another.
We have played along side millions of lovers, shared in the same
Shy sweetness of meeting, the same distressful tears of farewell-
Old love but in shapes that renew and renew forever.

Today it is heaped at your feet, it has found its end in you
The love of all man's days both past and forever:
Universal joy, universal sorrow, universal life.
The memories of all loves merging with this one love of ours –
And the songs of every poet past and forever.

...keep the faith

54yrs • F •
OMG. Beautiful. It says it all. Thank you.

54yrs • F •
Wait....you got to tell me of your travels!! WORD!!

54yrs • F •
U got another one for me? That one I loved.

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy