Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous - Robert Heinlein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Scissors & Glue

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Scissors & Glue
here are some of my collage works. do tell me what you think, if you see some sense in it. I'm never convinced with what i do and feedbacks (negative/positive) would help cause i'm in a transitional state. Merci d'avance.

I called this one -Crime scenes in my head-
the collage part is the lower part, my input is the upper part. One thing that amused me while doing it was that i had to bake Freuds photo to take the shiny layer off cause it's a laminated book cover.

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
[  Edited by pupa ria at   ]
 42yrs • F •
..the moon follows me home...

this is the counterpart of the first one...the two are tied together with a golden wire ( both wont fit in the cam).
the moon and the tree are an influence of Nick Drake ("pink moon", "fruit tree" ). I found that horse in a deserted countryside restaurant, the ant is a doodle. beneath the ant: the transparent cover of polaroid photo, unederneath it theres my uncle on a bicycle. The number 5 is a slip i found in an old cassette tape. i stuck it there cause it's a representative of the human.
the rabbit was an idea for a graffiti i was working on (didn't execute it though). the man with the censored head and the poet in the cage are magazine clippings.
i shouldv'e work on the charachters more, they r so flat and hollow due to impatience maybe. i'm still disciplinning the length of my breath.

[  Edited by pupa ria at   ]
 42yrs • F •

42yrs • F •

42yrs • F •

42yrs • F •

42yrs • F •

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
These are absolutely awesome. You have a real talent there.

What I love is how you use certain parts of the picture point to the next. Like the eye is guided around from one image to the next.
Keep doing them.

I was wondering how you go about them? Is it a moment of creativity that hits, and you just sit down and go for it, and whatever comes out comes out? Or is it an idea that you plan out in your head as a concept and then start working on it?

Well done anyway.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 42yrs • F •
quote:
"I was wondering how you go about them? Is it a moment of creativity that hits, and you just sit down and go for it, and whatever comes out comes out? Or is it an idea that you plan out in your head as a concept and then start working on it?"

It's both at the same time i think. hmmm the preparation part just sucks all my breath, cause you have to go through all of these piles of magazines and try to find not beautiful pictures but pictures that leave room for other ones.
second step i pick the central theme picture (sometimes i don't find it so i paint it) and i pick the rest of the images in reference to it. The basis to all of it is that they got to create a feeling of a whole. the "creativity" part is mostly mental cause they got to make a world of their own. It's tiresom cause it's not random like painting. It's like stitchin a broken heart.

Thank you for replyin earthbound angel =)
right now i'm working on a say no evil monkey around the theme of hi-tech. I'll post it when it's done. That monkey's gotta talk whether he likes it or not.

42yrs • M •
It sounds very complex.

The parts you did yourself. I am wondering if I can tell what you painted...

...in the first picture you've got a man with the sun half cut off at the border. In the second one you have a female with the moon half cut off at the border. Its like they are both part of the same picture, day and night, yin and yang.

So I'm guessing that the resemblance, like two halves to the same image, and also the exact same style, plus the way it looks painted, is the part you painted correct?

Hope I'm right lol.

42yrs • F •
nah it's not maybe i made it sound like that. sorry! yep u got it right they are complementary.
later on i'll give a detailed description beneath each pic.

42yrs • M •
Cool. You know I nearly copied the first two images and photo shopped them together because I thought they belonged together. Now you told me they are actually together im going to do it, so I can see what your original vision is.

I also meant to ask about the actual size of them and what medium they are on.

42yrs • F •
all are on wood except the matrioshka doll
this one is gouache on wood. It's Colombine the alter-ego of Pierrot.

42yrs • F •
King Lear*

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BethewateR is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
could you do a water fall, like an abundance of waters that showcases the reciliency of it over any obstical put in its place like those who cannot use the flow to water itsfelf and. Beyond that how life is the energy of life, i wish I had the heart or the hands of an artitst; but im appossed to sayings like phrases, water under the damn, or let it roll down your bak, because it tends to errouds as just a noun, it is in every living thing and and to me is a good way to live live. I'm a fan I guees think you might tak the chalenege?

"all you know is all you know"
Scissors & Glue
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy