Ignorance is bliss. Intelligence brings pain. Why do we strive for intelligence? - shadowcult
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Worship of the human race.

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Recently during a sociology class I learnt that a study in which men and women were asked to explain what God meant to them.
Women defined God in terms of sterotypical female charecteristics such as loving, merciful, nurturing etc
and men did likewise responding that God was mighty, strong, providing.

Perhaps God has been given the charecteristics that He has to accomadate an innate desire to encompass the best of everything they possess.. what this means is that if we can see, god is ALL seeing, if we are loving, gods love is all encompassing, if God is angry, well he's not, he's wrathful.
like he doesnt love, he possesses the entire emotion of love, to an ultimate that we can only aspire to, that we want, therefore we made God by taking the traits that we value the most and then believing that he has the best possible version of that trait.
Therefore effectively by creating God, and all that he or she is, we are worshipping the most polished version of ourselves...
So unlike what prior belief had me, perhaps we are not worshipping society by worshipping god, but we are worshipping the human race, and what we aspire to reach.

This obviously cannot be relative to every single religion worldwide, perhaps in principle maybe, i was thinking of the Abrahamic God.
Just a thought, what do you think?

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 68yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Booky is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well I agree with that and I see it as very enlightened, so thank you for sharing it.

And I see no reason not to apply it to every religion since it surely does apply.

People are not that different in other worlds.

It reminds me of the American Indian Shamans, as one would be a Doctor type Shaman, and another would be a spiritual type Shaman, and a warrior like Geronimo was a war Shaman, and so as you put it - each person relates and sees God as the best of our individual version.

Makes sense to me, and I like it.

"Courage is the key to all advantages."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, try explaining that to your pasture -_-
Got me kicked out of Sunday school for spreading, "The word of the Devil"

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Lol Allimar, i used to get in alot of trouble at my Islamic school as a kid, if they dont like it, then theres nought we can do about it.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy