Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Handbook For A New Paradigm

User Thread
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
http://www.alternativescentral.com/HndbkNewParad-Volume1-page1.htm

I've read the first page and I'm into the second. It has no known author. It's interesting to say the least. Tell me what you think.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is interesting I just skipped mostly read passages from section 4 and 1 but overall it is preachy, has the making for an ideology of a cult, but an interesting read.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 36yrs • M
"It is interesting I just skipped mostly read passages from section 4 and 1 but overall it is preachy, has the making for an ideology of a cult, but an interesting read."

Thanks for at least checking it out. What part made you think it was cult-like?

34yrs • M •
there where comments such as: "the largest view possible is necessary for those who would envision this change." which leads me to a conclusion they are seeking a transformation of ideology in one self. there is also a sense of paranoia with in the text or at least in my opinion and from what i have read there is.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Squarepants is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is fascinating. The change that is coming.

"I hungry"
 36yrs • M
quote:
there where comments such as: "the largest view possible is necessary for those who would envision this change." which leads me to a conclusion they are seeking a transformation of ideology in one self. there is also a sense of paranoia with in the text or at least in my opinion and from what i have read there is.

From what I've read it's not an ideological change it's getting at but a change in perception.

I haven't read anything that indicates paranoia but there were times when reading it (and considering the possibility that it's true) that I did feel a bit fearful. I haven't felt those feelings since.

I'm somewhere on the third page of the first volume. I've been reading it carefully off and on for about a week now.

34yrs • M •
'There is a personal decision that must be reached by each individual that chooses to become involved in this project. It must be understood that once the commitment is made, it will change their perspective, particularly the way in which the experience of situations and relationships are comprehended.'

Powerful quote, this text is fascinating and does take time to comprehend. I am still skipping around and I am now in the second volume. When I find time I want to read it in full.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Someone failed to mention that trying to read this in this format is ever so subtley similar to, oh, I don't know, say, repeatedly stabbing one's self in the face?

Warning: : Required When Reading.

Content format may cause nausea and bleeding of the eyes and or alimentary canal.

http://coloncancer.about.com/od/glossaries/g/AlimentaryCanal.htm

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 36yrs • M
quote:
Someone failed to mention that trying to read this in this format is ever so subtley similar to, oh, I don't know, say, repeatedly stabbing one's self in the face?

Warning: : Required When Reading.

Content may cause nausea and bleeding of the eyes and or alimentary canal.

Do you disagree with the format or the content?

If you have any criticism in the future please provide examples and reasons for your judgment otherwise there's nothing to work with and your post will be regarded as ego-stroking, thanks.

46yrs • M
quote:
Do you disagree with the format or the content?

Did I not specify well enough when I said...

quote:
format

My apologies for my lack of clarity, please, do forgive me.

quote:
If you have any criticism in the future please provide examples and reasons for your judgment otherwise there's nothing to work with

And I'll disregard your self ego stroking in your assumption that my post has any need of working on from you or anyone else.

As well as forgive your passive aggressive attempts to command my actions, you silly goose.

But as to your desire to regard my intentions to your own liking, I say,.... good for you, that's fantastic!

Care for some cake?

Oh, and pull your panties out of a knot and lighten up... does a body good.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • M
You're trolling this thread. You're trying to deter the focus. This is for serious discussion on the topic of this writing. To say you disagree with the format in which the text is presented and not give any reasons is anti-constructive (plus it's kind of irrelevant.) I found another site that has a PDF of it and it's in black and white. I can find the link for you if you would prefer that or you can google it if you don't feel like waiting for me to reply.

I tried to read it on that site first but the contrast was painful to look at after a while and found I preferred the darker colors on the site I linked to in this thread.

46yrs • M
quote:
You're trolling this thread

You're trying my patience.

quote:
You're trying to deter the focus

Most of the posts in this thread are simply stating that it is "interesting" or "fascinating" and "it says this, see (post quote)" ,and "i'm on page der de der".

Serious discussion indeed sir.

So don't go waving your hypocritically bias holier than thou, If I can't passively persway than I'll brow beat, over inflated ego stick that I will not assume you use to anally pleasure yourself or your pets with at me mister, that just wouldn't be sanitary.

You have the right to ignore me, but you do not have the right to censor or control me, feel free to try though, I find it amusing.

And of course you are always welcome to complain to admin if my presence is truly that offensive to you.

Ironically, I had thought about bringing up an unfriendly attitude issue about a member surprisingly recently myself.

I was lightheartedly making a very obvious and factual point, that you later openly admit to agreeing to, thereby telling you something I think, as requested, but if you feel the need to get upset, by all means sir, let it out, you will find this a path to healing.

And I'd love a link if you ever find one, I'm very curious to get deeper into what is causing such emotional reaction from you.

quote:
(plus it's kind of irrelevant.)

Exactly, sort of, its irrelevant to the point where you don't need to freak out about it in the context of the content of your "precious".

But its not irrelevant to your post, and an open interpretation of your request to tell you what I think, and just because you don't like it, and decide rules are suddenly needed, and equally suddenly in need of being applied exclusively to me, that were not previously defined and declared in the creation of this thread, but apparently are meant to keep you from seeing or hearing things you don't like, doesn't mean you are right in your assertions or your misplaced notions of self righteousness in your feeble, comical, yet innappropriate, and oddly continual confrontation with me.

One thing I must address is your attempt to use inflamatory labeling as a means to attack, discredit, and redefine my intentions.

How could I possibly have been trolling by making one post in direct response to something you posted with no intention to continue on with the point past perhaps getting a link to a better version, when by definition a conintuous effort and outlandish and or off topic rediculousness and attacks are generally needed to qualify for your designated term.

It would appear to me that it is someone else who has initiated a continuation of anti constructive off topic outlandish attacks.

But I think he does it out of reactionary insecurity and does not truly mean anything by it.

Just as I hold no ill will towards any here, tis a shame some would.

Oh well.

Hope to see that link. Go team Venture.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ironwood's not trolling, but I am.

Remember guys, the internet is serious business.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/The_Internet_Is_Serious_Busin
ess

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M
Sorry Ironwood, I did misread your first post. I thought you were referring to both the content and the format. My mistake. There isn't anything I can do about the format.

Here is a link to a PDF of the writing:

http://arcadiansociety.org/Handbook.pdf

quote:
As well as forgive your passive aggressive attempts to command my actions, you silly goose.

I'm not trying to command your actions. If it came off that way then please forgive me. I look forward to your insights if you do take the time to read some of it.

46yrs • M
No worries here.

And I did change that post because a later sentence stated "content", though still intended to highlight the only point I made any direct reference to but to speak of it as included in the entirety of the content of the link.

But easily able to be taken the wrong way and had I realized its existance earlier, I probably would have responded differently, thank god that didn't happen though, I was getting a chuckle out of that.

Oh well, another drama solved by the simple missunderstandings in life and the general truth that people are not usually all that much at odds regardless of how it may at times appear.

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy